What's this diet look like?

Ryan5550

Awards
Here is a rough sketch of what i have done before and it worked pretty well I just would appreciate some feedback please. These are based on my macros based as the day goes on I decrease my carbs each meal and after 2pm my carbs only come from veggies and I don't eat my fats until later in the day. What do you guys think is this okay?

Morning 8am-protein/bigger carb meal of the day

Snack 11am- protein/moderate carbs

Lunch 2pm protein/light carb maybe 15/20 grams? With a veggie

5pm- protein/veggie

8pm- protein/veggie/fat

1030pm- casein shake/small amount of fat

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The format looks good, but what really matters is the calories consumed at each meal, and the serving sizes for each part of each meal. What time do you typically train?

Carb timing can have very small benefits, but it usually won't make or break your progress. I like to keep my carbs around my workouts, but I've also experimented with eating them at different times of the day and never saw too much of a difference.

At the end of the day, do what works best for you. Dial in your macros, set your serving sizes, and eat the meals whenever you'd like. At the end of the day, if you're expending more calories than you're consuming, you will be successful with your diet.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is a rough sketch of what i have done before and it worked pretty well I just would appreciate some feedback please. These are based on my macros based as the day goes on I decrease my carbs each meal and after 2pm my carbs only come from veggies and I don't eat my fats until later in the day. What do you guys think is this okay?

Morning 8am-protein/bigger carb meal of the day

Snack 11am- protein/moderate carbs

Lunch 2pm protein/light carb maybe 15/20 grams? With a veggie

5pm- protein/veggie

8pm- protein/veggie/fat

1030pm- casein shake/small amount of fat
John has you covered pretty well. When do you train?

Cutting off carbs at a certain time does not have any benefits. Like John mentioned, it all comes down to cals in versus cals out as far as if you will gain or lose weight. Carb timing can affect some, but it is not the end all be all of having a great physique or workout.

Personally, I can lift with no carbs pre workout and with carbs. I typically have one carb meal pre workout and one post workout. If I have a high carb day, I will have two post workout. On days I am going to train fasted, I tend to backload my carbs, so I consume them all at night and even pre bed. I actually like this, it helps me sleep better I have found.

All in all, if that has worked for you, then stick with it. We all react differently to different diets.

What are you goals with that diet? How many cals is it? What are your stats?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
They both have you covered. It comes down to getting your macro intake and caloric intake figured out and hitting those day in and day out.

Ryan5550

Awards
I'm trying to cut about 25lbs I'm bout 6'1 255. Fairly muscular for 255. So I'm basically doing low carb diet and trying to schedule them around my workout and first meal of the breakfast

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm trying to cut about 25lbs I'm bout 6'1 255. Fairly muscular for 255. So I'm basically doing low carb diet and trying to schedule them around my workout and first meal of the breakfast
Have you considered carb cycling?

Ryan5550

Awards
I have Considered carb cycling but not sure how to do the carb cycling effectively