Cutting Macros

Mrctirado

Awards
Hey Folks. I've decided to give this Marco Method of weight loss/bulk a try. Right now I'm focused on cutting. I'm 26 years old, 6'3 230 pounds. This is what I calculated my macros to be for a cut with 3 different calculations. Could you guys help me out and tell me if I'm on the right track.

1.4 324 protein 1296 Cal
65 Fat 585
222 Carbs 889
2770 total calories

1.3 301 protein 1206
65 fat 585
244 carb 979
2770 total calories

1.2 278 protein 1113
65 fat 585
268 carb 1072
2770 total calories

Mrctirado

Awards
I'm also doing a minimum of 20 mins of Cardio 3-4x a week. Hitting weights 5x a week. ECA stack, L carnitine, CLA

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Truthfully the best route to go is to find a website that calculates your macros and caloric intake. Once you have that which it looks like you do then use this as you base and try it out for a month or two and adjust as needed if you're not seeing the results you want.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Macros are highly dependent on individuals. Some people thrive well on high carb, others get bloated. Some do well low carb and some people can't function. You need to see what works for you. Since you're cutting, I would keep protein higher, 1.25-1.5 grams/lb of bodyweight, keep fats at LEAST 20% of your daily macros and fill the rest with carbs. I would also suggest carb cycling.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do I carb cycle
Google "carb cycling codex". It's a great article
https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

Best article out there. I have been following a modified version for years now. I would not go super low on fats when cutting, like suggested in the article. Remember, it is probably geared towards people on gear. If you follow my log, I give my daily macros, which reflect the changes I made to the article.