Macros on Point or?

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Hi guys and gals,

I posted a few days ago regarding my cut plan set up and after taking the advice of the various comments my post received, I decided to rework my macros. For any who are interested my original thread is located here in the Weight Loss forums: "Cut to sub10%"

The new macros I plan on running are as follows:

*Note* Since my last post, I am currently sitting at around 190lbs....

Macro Breakdown

Total Calories: 2000

190g protein x 4kcal = 760kcal (.38 or 38%)
175g carbs x 4kcal= 700 kcal (.35 or 35%)
60g fat x 9kcal=540kcal (.27 or 27%)

Day in a Nutshell
Note: on weekends, these times will be pushed back approx 1 hour

6:00 am 1.5 scoopsOlympus Labs Bloodshr3d
6:30am Fasted Cardio (LISS 15min, will increase when fat loss slows)
8:00am Meal 1 (30g protein, 15g fat, 50g carbs) with Forslean and Fish Oil
12:00pm Meal 2 (30g protein, 15g fat, 50g carbs)
4:00pm PreWorkout Meal 3 (40g protein, 15g fat, 60g carbs) with one cap SlinSane, 1.5scoops Bloodshr3d
8:00pm Post Workout Meal 4 (50g protein, 15g fat, 0g carbs) with Endur3+, 1 cap Slinsane, Forslean

In addition, I plan on giving myself a refeed once a week after I begin to speed fat loss and to carb cycle once I near my goal

Feel free to comment, note that the numbers that I have been working with are a result of reading articles on bodyrecomposition which was introduced to me by The Solution (thanks dude!)

Thanks again guys and feel free to rip this apart to your liking

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why would you not have any carbs post-workout? That is the most optimal time to consume them.
NO reason you have to have 15g of fat with every meal. Distribute as you please.
I personally would have a higher carb based pre-workout and post workout meal to fuel and replenish after training.
Maybe do 50g Pre, sip on 30-50g intra, and then 50g post.
Have your first few meals based off Protein+fat+veggies and keep the carbs around your workout when they matter most.

personally I would do cheats.. Helpful for social gatherings, grabbing a bite with family or friends etc.. But if you want to do refeeds i would start around 400g of carbs and lower protein to 175g and fat to 50g

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Why would you not have any carbs post-workout? That is the most optimal time to consume them.
NO reason you have to have 15g of fat with every meal. Distribute as you please.
I personally would have a higher carb based pre-workout and post workout meal to fuel and replenish after training.
Maybe do 50g Pre, sip on 30-50g intra, and then 50g post.
Have your first few meals based off Protein+fat+veggies and keep the carbs around your workout when they matter most.

personally I would do cheats.. Helpful for social gatherings, grabbing a bite with family or friends etc.. But if you want to do refeeds i would start around 400g of carbs and lower protein to 175g and fat to 50g
Great advice! Thank you!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Agreed with the carb timing - I would move some/most of your daily carb intake to be around your workout. Pre and post workout are the best time for carbs because your body will be ready to use them.

I think refeeds would be smart to add in, but I wouldn't go too crazy with them. Since your daily carb intake isn't that low, I would experiment with smaller refeeds, and at the beginning consider spacing them to be every other week. If your carbs drop lower you could definitely consider adding in a refeed once per week.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with the carb timing - I would move some/most of your daily carb intake to be around your workout. Pre and post workout are the best time for carbs because your body will be ready to use them.

I think refeeds would be smart to add in, but I wouldn't go too crazy with them. Since your daily carb intake isn't that low, I would experiment with smaller refeeds, and at the beginning consider spacing them to be every other week. If your carbs drop lower you could definitely consider adding in a refeed once per week.
once is fine.
At the end of the week if he doesnt drop he can
1) lower his refeed amount
2) Increase cardio (basically doing none)
3) adjust intake (which is already low ot start for someone close to 200 pounds)

The consistency is there which matters most.. NOt to mention it will help with letpin, t3, and hormone levels being in a deficit for that individual and will aid him on that heavy training day to power through it with some extra food.

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Awesome insights, I know The Solution mentioned cheats may even be better than refeeds. If I were to pursue this route, I'm assuming personal preference and goal attainment are what would decide how often these are? (Not to mention feeling fatigued from a carb deficit?)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Awesome insights, I know The Solution mentioned cheats may even be better than refeeds. If I were to pursue this route, I'm assuming personal preference and goal attainment are what would decide how often these are? (Not to mention feeling fatigued from a carb deficit?)
once a week. just like a refeed.

sonofzeusv2

sonofzeusv2

Awards
Ok great, that's what I figured as well. Thanks so much

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
personally I would do cheats.. Helpful for social gatherings, grabbing a bite with family or friends etc..
agreed. refeeding sounds great until you research how to properly refeed (high carb, low fat, makes everything way less fun). cheats help to replenish carbs while having an effect on your emotional happiness. If a person is too deprived, binge episodes can occur. I would just find out your weekly caloric goal and factor in a cheat day, and base your daily calories around that. Typically I eat the same calories 5 days a week, i have one caloric spike day followed by a really low calorie day . the problem with cheats is that most people don't count their cheat calories and don't factor them into their weekly caloric budget.

your macro percentages and cal's seem alright. I would try to time the carbs but depending on your exiting bodyfat, carb timing isn't as big of a deal until you are relatively lean. Its best to simply try to get into the habit of eating on a caloric deficit first , so eat the carbs when u feel like it and tighten everything up as you get used to the lifestyle.

personally for me, having a low carb, high fat diet works bc i feel more satiated and food tastes better, less bloated etc. everyone's body responds to things diffferently though.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
agreed. refeeding sounds great until you research how to properly refeed (high carb, low fat, makes everything way less fun). cheats help to replenish carbs while having an effect on your emotional happiness. If a person is too deprived.....
that's me to a T. lack of carbs drives down my mood, happiness, and motivation in all aspects of life. I do not do well on low carb at all.