Questions about Shredding Down

1. Questions about Shredding Down

Hi all,

This is my first post in the AnabolicMinds forum but before I begin my rambling, thank YOU all for being so concise and thoughtful in your comments to this community (they have helped me immensely when trying new supplements many of which are incredible and staples to my stack).

But now, back to business....

I am 21 years old, 195 lbs (was 200 even on my bulk), and roughly high 12, low 13% bodyfat. My cut began on January 1st and I plan on cutting until I hit roughly 8% bodyfat. I was just curious if you all would be willing to give me a little advice as to what a good macro split, supplement stack and cardio routine ( if any) would be. I'll give my current stack, training split, macro count and cardio thus far. Thanks again guys, I couldn't have done this without you!

Stack

* Olympus Labs Bloodshr3d Raw Edition (1.5 scoop morning pre breakfast, 1.5 scoop pre workout)

* Olympus Labs Forslean (1 capsule morning, 1 capsule night)

* Genomyx Slinsane (1 capsule preworkout, 1 capsule night before bed)

* Olympus Labs Endur3 (post workout stacked with 5g leucine, 5g glutamine, 3g creatine HCL)

* Fish Oil (2000mg, 800mg EPA, 600mg DHA)

* Probiotic

Training Split

Monday: Chest

Tuesday: Back

Wednesday: Shoulders

Thursday: Arms

Friday: Legs

Saturday: Wherever I Feel I Am Lacking

Sunday: Rest

Macro

It's just easier to show you all a visual:

Note these are meals logged excluding my post workout dinner which will be an omelette with a side of oats, so I guess add 35g protein, 25g carbs, 5-10 g fat

Cardio

LISS 15min of either incline treadmill/stairmaster, will increase when results slow. Will start dropping calories more once plateau occurs.May start implementing more high intensity cardio outdoors once the snow melts here in Upstate NY

Thanks all, hope this was specific enough! Feel free to ask questions to clarify, and thanks!

2. For a first post, this is on point. Welcome to the forums man.

I think your setup looks solid. I wouldn't overcomplicate dieting by thinking you need to change your training split. When I cut I keep doing exactly what I did while bulking, keep the weights heavy and keep the intensity high. As you mentioned, adding in some HIIT would be very beneficial. You may also need to add in additional LISS when your fat loss begins to plateu.

As far as supplementation, your stack looks great. The only suggestion I would have is to add in creatine. Many people have the misconception that creatine will make them look bloated while they're dieting, but the water retention is minimal and it can be very beneficial for maintaining strength on a cut. I would take a look at Powermax XT, which is a daily ergogenic supplement that contains a full serving of creatine and betaine, which can both improve performance in the gym.

I believe you need more posts before you can post pictures, so if you could go in to a little more detail on your diet that'd be great. But overall your setup looks great!
    Performax Labs Online Company Rep
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

3. Endur3 already contains 5g leucine, might I ask why you're stacking extra?

4. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    The only suggestion I would have is to add in creatine. Many people have the misconception that creatine will make them look bloated while they're dieting, but the water retention is minimal and it can be very beneficial for maintaining strength on a cut
    I agree with this, but he's already using 3g creatine HCl, that should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Endur3 already contains 5g leucine, might I ask why you're stacking extra?
    Yeah, you shouldn't need to add additional leucine (or additional glutamine) to Endur3. Should be fine as is, here's already 5g leucine and 2.75g glutamine in there!

Supplement stack looks great, and training split looks fine, assuming that's all balanced and structured well and it's not just some random hodgepodge of exercises. I am unable to see your diet visual so can't help there. Snow probably won't melt in upstate NY until May but at least you'll get your cardio from shoveling it lol.

Since you've started, have you dropped any weight? I know it's a little weird since it's early and you probably dropped water weight, but that'll be your best indication as to whether your diet is on point. I don't know if you used a macro calculator or built it off what was working previously, but you can adjust your diet as you go depending on whether you're losing weight how you're expecting vs too quickly vs plateauing.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Use BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    I agree with this, but he's already using 3g creatine HCl, that should be enough.
    My apologies, clearly I can't read haha. In that case, his stack is looking great. I hope OP got in that big OL holiday sale
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    For a first post, this is on point. Welcome to the forums man.

I think your setup looks solid. I wouldn't overcomplicate dieting by thinking you need to change your training split. When I cut I keep doing exactly what I did while bulking, keep the weights heavy and keep the intensity high. As you mentioned, adding in some HIIT would be very beneficial. You may also need to add in additional LISS when your fat loss begins to plateu.

As far as supplementation, your stack looks great. The only suggestion I would have is to add in creatine. Many people have the misconception that creatine will make them look bloated while they're dieting, but the water retention is minimal and it can be very beneficial for maintaining strength on a cut. I would take a look at Powermax XT, which is a daily ergogenic supplement that contains a full serving of creatine and betaine, which can both improve performance in the gym.

I believe you need more posts before you can post pictures, so if you could go in to a little more detail on your diet that'd be great. But overall your setup looks great!
    Thanks my man! Yeah my diet currently has been fairly on point. Around 2000 calories a day, usually have like 200g of protein, 150-170g carbs and 40-70g fat. Prob my best day dietwise so far consisted of 1cup triple zero Greek yogurt with 6tbsp powdered peanut butter for breakfast after some fasted cardio in the morning, then 3 meals of 4-6 oz of lean meat with a complex carb like brown rice or Barilla protein pasta, and then a postworkout meal of 8egg whites and some oats. I'm kinda just doing this all through trial and error along with research so I tend to hit plateaus fast so thank you for the input!

7. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post

Yeah, you shouldn't need to add additional leucine (or additional glutamine) to Endur3. Should be fine as is, here's already 5g leucine and 2.75g glutamine in there!

Supplement stack looks great, and training split looks fine, assuming that's all balanced and structured well and it's not just some random hodgepodge of exercises. I am unable to see your diet visual so can't help there. Snow probably won't melt in upstate NY until May but at least you'll get your cardio from shoveling it lol.

Since you've started, have you dropped any weight? I know it's a little weird since it's early and you probably dropped water weight, but that'll be your best indication as to whether your diet is on point. I don't know if you used a macro calculator or built it off what was working previously, but you can adjust your diet as you go depending on whether you're losing weight how you're expecting vs too quickly vs plateauing.
    Thanks for your input man! Yeah I try and keep my workouts very structured, I can follow up in a bit with my back day sched and elaborate my ideology behind my structuring! And for losing weight, I've lost about 10lbs so far. Of course that's on an empty stomach post cardio but overall I have maintained all mass and simply look less puffy. Cardio and seeing results fast enough are my two biggest banes when it comes to cutting because I tend to go "balls to the wall" early on and then plateau later on. Feel free to tweak whatever and give input, this is all a learning experience for me. I'm also down to try out some new supps toward the end like Sup3r Shr3d if any of you have had good experience

8. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    My apologies, clearly I can't read haha. In that case, his stack is looking great. I hope OP got in that big OL holiday sale
    Oh you know it man! Scooped three months worth of supps for a song! And actually wanted to say that I just became a rep for Olympus Labs so i really should update my profile with the discount code and such haha

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    Endur3 already contains 5g leucine, might I ask why you're stacking extra?
    To be honest, it's only for experimentation. Just trying to avoid catabolism, but if it's unneeded, I'm more than willing to stop stacking it. It'd def help make the taste of Endur3 more prominent instead of just tasting straight leucine haha
  10. Questions about Shredding Down

Thanks again everyone! Please keep in touch, I'm new to the community and def want to help contribute

11. Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeusv2 View Post
    Thanks for your input man! Yeah I try and keep my workouts very structured, I can follow up in a bit with my back day sched and elaborate my ideology behind my structuring! And for losing weight, I've lost about 10lbs so far. Of course that's on an empty stomach post cardio but overall I have maintained all mass and simply look less puffy. Cardio and seeing results fast enough are my two biggest banes when it comes to cutting because I tend to go "balls to the wall" early on and then plateau later on. Feel free to tweak whatever and give input, this is all a learning experience for me. I'm also down to try out some new supps toward the end like Sup3r Shr3d if any of you have had good experience
    10lbs since 1/1? Some of that is the initial drop you get when you cut calories from water/less food mass in your GI tract, so expect it to slow down a bit as time goes on. Though it sounds like you know this already based on this post.

Sup3r-Shred is brand new, and it's the first product to bring this particular compound to the market, so I doubt many people will be able to weigh in with first hand experience quite yet. But the research is very promising and I'm really excited about that one.
    OLYMPUS LABS

12. Quote Originally Posted by VO2Maxima View Post
    10lbs since 1/1? Some of that is the initial drop you get when you cut calories from water/less food mass in your GI tract, so expect it to slow down a bit as time goes on. Though it sounds like you know this already based on this post.

Sup3r-Shred is brand new, and it's the first product to bring this particular compound to the market, so I doubt many people will be able to weigh in with first hand experience quite yet. But the research is very promising and I'm really excited about that one.
    Yessir! Granted I was probably 196 when I began cutting due to the holidays and not sticking to my diet. And I'm excited too man, I was gonna switch up my stack in a few months to incorporate Ignit3 and pes' Shift but depending when all the new fat burner logs come in, that may change

13. Quote Originally Posted by sonofzeusv2 View Post
    Yessir! Granted I was probably 196 when I began cutting due to the holidays and not sticking to my diet. And I'm excited too man, I was gonna switch up my stack in a few months to incorporate Ignit3 and pes' Shift but depending when all the new fat burner logs come in, that may change
    Sup3r-Shred works through PPAR-Delta modulation. Since the pathways are different you could stack Sup3r-Shred with Shift if you wanted, not sure how complicated a stack you want and how much you want to spend. Or you could stack Sup3r-Shred with Forslean (which is just 95% Sabinsa brand forskolin, also one of the primary ingredients in Shift). Or if you choose to stick to Ignit3 + Shift, that's a good stack too. You'll be happy with any of those products.
    OLYMPUS LABS

14. Awesome good to know! Honestly I'm really willing to make a solid stack that will help me meet my goals so if that means adding more complexity, so be it. Is there any you'd recommend over others?

15. can one take muscle builders at the same time as fat burners while cutting down? if the person is lifting one set of days while doing cardio on other days?

16. Quote Originally Posted by chaossentry View Post
    can one take muscle builders at the same time as fat burners while cutting down? if the person is lifting one set of days while doing cardio on other days?
    You can certainly take a muscle builder product while cutting, but depending on the product you're using it may be a waste. You can't build muscle one day, and burn fat the next; it isn't that easy. However, there are some products available that can help maintain muscle mass and improve hardness and vascularity while cutting. For example, Alphamax XT is marketed as a natural anabolic, but it can be very beneficial while dieting or losing body fat. Alphamax XT contains ingredients to help increase natural test levels, limit cortisol and estrogen levels, and improve body composition; which are all great benefits whether bulking or cutting.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    You can certainly take a muscle builder product while cutting, but depending on the product you're using it may be a waste. You can't build muscle one day, and burn fat the next; it isn't that easy. However, there are some products available that can help maintain muscle mass and improve hardness and vascularity while cutting. For example, Alphamax XT is marketed as a natural anabolic, but it can be very beneficial while dieting or losing body fat. Alphamax XT contains ingredients to help increase natural test levels, limit cortisol and estrogen levels, and improve body composition; which are all great benefits whether bulking or cutting.
    I actually went with an order of Orig1n,im thinking of combining it with another muscle booster. doing a stack of each and then getting King's Blood to keep test good enough.

18. Quote Originally Posted by chaossentry View Post
    I actually went with an order of Orig1n,im thinking of combining it with another muscle booster. doing a stack of each and then getting King's Blood to keep test good enough.
    Orig1n is a good product too, but be mindful that it has ingredients to increase appetite. This might make dieting and sticking to your macros difficult, especially if you struggle with hunger while dieting.

Don't overthink stacking too many products either. I would stick to one product at a time to see how it treats you, especially when you're cutting. Natural anabolic products can be helpful for retaining muscle mass, but they are truly designed to be used in a calorie surplus when you're trying to pack on muscle. Supplements won't allow you to build muscle if you're eating in a calorie deficit and trying to lose fat, but they can help you maintain your strength. What are you current goals?
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Orig1n is a good product too, but be mindful that it has ingredients to increase appetite. This might make dieting and sticking to your macros difficult, especially if you struggle with hunger while dieting.

Don't overthink stacking too many products either. I would stick to one product at a time to see how it treats you, especially when you're cutting. Natural anabolic products can be helpful for retaining muscle mass, but they are truly designed to be used in a calorie surplus when you're trying to pack on muscle. Supplements won't allow you to build muscle if you're eating in a calorie deficit and trying to lose fat, but they can help you maintain your strength. What are you current goals?
    Not that much of an issue,I had vertical gastric sleeve surgery years ago. The part of my stomach removed contained the part that produced gherumin. The hunger inducing hormone.

I lost alot of weight,was stuck,got into powerlifting. Wanted the strength,not into regular bodybuilding. My purpose is strength and with some muscle to show for it. So when i got into powerlifting i lost an additional 20lbs doing that alone and a better physique for it. As i need to drop alot more weight,i don't want to lose muscle or strength.

So I am trying to find the right mix of supplements to increase the burn while maintaining the muscle I have.

20. edit
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

21. Quote Originally Posted by chaossentry View Post
    So I am trying to find the right mix of supplements to increase the burn while maintaining the muscle I have.
    Makes sense. I would be sure that you're tracking your calorie intake to be sure you aren't eating too much or too little. Staying in a small calorie deficit and lifting hard will make it easier to hold onto you muscle. It's good to throw in a supplement to help with muscle retention, but no need to stack 2-3 natural anabolics while trying to cut. Keep the protein intake high and stay consistent with diet and training, that will be the driving force in keeping your strength/size while cutting
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    Makes sense. I would be sure that you're tracking your calorie intake to be sure you aren't eating too much or too little. Staying in a small calorie deficit and lifting hard will make it easier to hold onto you muscle. It's good to throw in a supplement to help with muscle retention, but no need to stack 2-3 natural anabolics while trying to cut. Keep the protein intake high and stay consistent with diet and training, that will be the driving force in keeping your strength/size while cutting
    how long should i cycle natural anabolics for and how long off?

23. Quote Originally Posted by chaossentry View Post
    how long should i cycle natural anabolics for and how long off?
    For a product like Orig1n, no cycling is required. But for most products that contain natural anabolic ingredients will have a label recommendation, typically they shouldn't be run for longer than 8 consecutive weeks without a 4-6 week break period. Most of these products, like Alphamax XT, really begin to shine around the 3-4 week mark; so running a full 8 weeks would be ideal
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

24. Quote Originally Posted by john.patterson View Post
    For a product like Orig1n, no cycling is required. But for most products that contain natural anabolic ingredients will have a label recommendation, typically they shouldn't be run for longer than 8 consecutive weeks without a 4-6 week break period. Most of these products, like Alphamax XT, really begin to shine around the 3-4 week mark; so running a full 8 weeks would be ideal
    so far from what I have gleamed from quite a few,is fat burners,muscle builders,and test boosters are the prime three needed for my goals. last two quick questions.

What can be recommended to aid in healing ligament or tendon issues besides physical therapy? Im not expecting miracles,but something that helps.

2nd,i know calories is different to most people. But is there considered a universal number that is required on a daily basis to cut fat and weight and still maintain muscle?

Lastly,what is another good natural anabolic builder i can do a stack with? im crossing over into 300 territory soon on the lifts and I need the extra help. since I do 5x5
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Question about T-1 Pro??
    By windwords7 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 01-04-2017, 04:01 AM
  2. question about being "shut down"?
    By clayface91 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-12-2015, 09:13 PM
  3. Question about osta shred + formeron
    By b8audis4 in forum Supplements