Weight loss progress below!

McMantits

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm making this post for everyone who is losing, wanting to lose, or is willing to give advice on losing weight.

I made a post a few days ago looking for advice on routines, supplements, etc. for weight loss. Everyone who is interested in the same, if they decide to join along, can post their start date, progress and goal! Feel free to post your routine as well as any supplements you're taking!

Start date: January 1st
Starting weight: 258lbs
Goal: 200lbs

January 3rd: 253lbs

Simply calorie deficit right now. I went from eating probably 3000 a day of junk to 1500 a day of as much clean food as I can afford.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
5lbs in the new year! that's awesome keep it up!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
In for the show! You might enjoy the 6 week challenge thread as well... http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285564
In! Congratulations on a good start! Don't be afraid to push the calories a tad higher too. You don't want to lose too quickly. I'm currently at 1700 / day and I'm losing about 2-4 lbs/ month and I'm sure your BMR is higher than mine

You got this! It's amazing how easy it is to overeat right? I could easily eat 3000 a day mmmm. Dreams ... if you eat clean enough, a low cal diet can be quite satiating.

Ps. That thread is a very serious weight loss thread.

McMantits

Awards
Thanks for jumping on the wagon everyone! I understand it's mostly water weight, but I'm as of today I'm down 9lbs!

January 5th: 249lbs

akhimoe

Awards
Hey everyone, I'm making this post for everyone who is losing, wanting to lose, or is willing to give advice on losing weight.

I made a post a few days ago looking for advice on routines, supplements, etc. for weight loss. Everyone who is interested in the same, if they decide to join along, can post their start date, progress and goal! Feel free to post your routine as well as any supplements you're taking!

Start date: January 1st
Starting weight: 258lbs
Goal: 200lbs

January 3rd: 253lbs

Simply calorie deficit right now. I went from eating probably 3000 a day of junk to 1500 a day of as much clean food as I can afford.
I've cut out the junk eating more like Flexible dieting between 1500-2000 not seeing much difference on the scale and my gut still the same but my strength has definitely gone up and my shoulders much stronger from lifting 20kg to 60kg 8 reps

McMantits

Awards
I've cut out the junk eating more like Flexible dieting between 1500-2000 not seeing much difference on the scale and my gut still the same but my strength has definitely gone up and my shoulders much stronger from lifting 20kg to 60kg 8 reps
You're more than likely losing fat but replacing it with muscle. I don't imagine you'd see a huge difference on the scales if lifting as well as trying to lose fat.

McMantits

Awards
Should I omit egg yolks from my hard boiled eggs? I'm only worried about fat content. Cholesterol isn't a problem. It's good cholesterol anyways.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In.. i started January 2nd.. January 1st was my open season before watching my diet haha.
Jan 2: 189.8
This morning jan 5: 184.4
I'm looking to loose fat. Especially the love-handles!

McMantits

Awards
In.. i started January 2nd.. January 1st was my open season before watching my diet haha.
Jan 2: 189.8
This morning jan 5: 184.4
I'm looking to loose fat. Especially the love-handles!
Good going, man!

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Should I omit egg yolks from my hard boiled eggs? I'm only worried about fat content. Cholesterol isn't a problem. It's good cholesterol anyways.
If you are tolerating the calories well, then there is no need to toss the yolks. That's the best part lol

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
McMantits if I were you, I'd be easy on dropping your carbs too fast. You seem to have lost quite a bit of water weight very fast. It's not a fact just my opinion that you could damage leptin and reach metabolic adaptation too easily.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
In laymans terms I'll plateau too soon?
I'm very eager to see some anecdotal reports on the new Sup3r 7 that OL released, because it should basically erase metabolic adaptation

McMantits

Awards
That's just my opinion but yes.
You're probably right. I just need to figure out what to eat while staying clean. My calories were just guestimation and it's probably more like 1200. I need to bump that up and start exercising more. I'm just not really sure what to eat differently. Healthy food is killing my wallet lol.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
You're probably right. I just need to figure out what to eat while staying clean. My calories were just guestimation and it's probably more like 1200. I need to bump that up and start exercising more. I'm just not really sure what to eat differently. Healthy food is killing my wallet lol.
chicken & rice is cheap bruh

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
The rice won't be too much though? Holy hell I still need to research I guess.
I buy it in a 5lb bag and it has pretty good satiety for me, so I don't have to eat very much.

McMantits

Awards
Don't overthink it, It'll begin to come easy to ya
I was looking up what micronutrients I need a day to lose.

Carbs: 186 grams
Protien: 186 grams
Fat: 41 grams

Does that look right?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established

Does that look right?
That seems pretty good, but remember that everyone's body is different. The best bet is to keep the macros about consistent for now and see how the scale reads. Of course you will see some fluctuations for the time being due to water weight.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Does that look right?
That is actually Macronutrient breakdown btw, not micronutrients. Very different categories. Hitting the proper macros is more important IMO. A well rounded diet would ensure no micronutrient deficiencies. Oh, I love the username btw. Hilarious. I misread it as Mcmantis the 1st time I saw it and didn't think much about it. Lol. Keep up the good work bro and keep learning!

McMantits

Awards
That is actually Macronutrient breakdown btw, not micronutrients. Very different categories. Hitting the proper macros is more important IMO. A well rounded diet would ensure no micronutrient deficiencies. Oh, I love the username btw. Hilarious. I misread it as Mcmantis the 1st time I saw it and didn't think much about it. Lol. Keep up the good work bro and keep learning!
You know, I thought someone would read it like that. My friends called me that in high school so I owned it lol. I've been finding TDEE's for obese people (I read that they are different from people with less than 50lbs to lose) and I've learned that my:

Body fat = 30%
Fat weight = 76lbs
Lean weight = 173lbs

I'm perfectly content with sitting at about 12% body fat (195-200lbs I think). From there I will really start lifting assuming I can afford a gym membership lol.

My big problem now is figuring out what foods I eat during they day meet my macros. I just need a solid meal plan.

McMantits

Awards
Autocorrect made that micro instead of macro.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
You know, I thought someone would read it like that. My friends called me that in high school so I owned it lol. I've been finding TDEE's for obese people (I read that they are different from people with less than 50lbs to lose) and I've learned that my:

Body fat = 30%
Fat weight = 76lbs
Lean weight = 173lbs

I'm perfectly content with sitting at about 12% body fat (195-200lbs I think). From there I will really start lifting assuming I can afford a gym membership lol.

My big problem now is figuring out what foods I eat during they day meet my macros. I just need a solid meal plan.
Do you have an app to track macros? It makes it a ton easier

McMantits

Awards
Do you have an app to track macros? It makes it a ton easier
I'm using myfitnesspal right now but I'm thinking of finding another. I love that it has TONS of meals and accurate calorie and nutrient info, but it doesn't include macro tracking.

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
I'm using myfitnesspal right now but I'm thinking of finding another. I love that it has TONS of meals and accurate calorie and nutrient info, but it doesn't include macro tracking.
Myfitnesspal is probably the most popular but my favorite is my macros+. rice and chicken is my go to meal for satiety, fiber helps you get full & stay full and I've found that a decent fiber intake really helps my insulin sensitivity as well.

McMantits

Awards
Myfitnesspal is probably the most popular but my favorite is my macros+. rice and chicken is my go to meal for satiety, fiber helps you get full & stay full and I've found that a decent fiber intake really helps my insulin sensitivity as well.
Sweet. I'll download it right now. Boil the chicken I suppose?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Fried in olive oil adds healthy fats as well if there's room in the macros.
Very true, although I usually don't have room for extra fats as I am a huge peanut/almond butter lover lol

McMantits

Awards
Alright...I think I finally have a starting point for macros.

40% carbs = 180g
40% protien = 180g
20% fat = 40g

Since I have so much to lose I took 5% from fat and added it to carbs. I'll adjust as needed but this is based on 1800 calories a day.

Are there reasons for cheat days or do they need to be totally omitted?

Tylerclee

Tylerclee

Awards
  • Established
Alright...I think I finally have a starting point for macros.

40% carbs = 180g
40% protien = 180g
20% fat = 40g

Since I have so much to lose I took 5% from fat and added it to carbs. I'll adjust as needed but this is based on 1800 calories a day.

Are there reasons for cheat days or do they need to be totally omitted?
If you need cheat day to keep your sanity, then yes. For pure weight loss, I'd think they aren't really necessary, even though an occasional cheat will not hurt your results.

McMantits

Awards
Well I had my cheat day today and I don't think I'll ever be doing that again. My stomach is destroyed and I feel like I've been beat over the head with a brick.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bring your fats to 50g and lower your carbs slightly or keep them the same. Your cals seem way low for someone your weight.
I'm 6'4 249 ATM - was 260 on New Years and I'm eating 3,000 cals a day and still losing plenty but keeping my strength
Natural

McMantits

Awards
Bring your fats to 50g and lower your carbs slightly or keep them the same. Your cals seem way low for someone your weight.
I'm 6'4 249 ATM - was 260 on New Years and I'm eating 3,000 cals a day and still losing plenty but keeping my strength
Natural
I don't lift or anything so I'm mostly fat. On top of that I'm only 5'9, 249.

McMantits

Awards
Is brown rice always supposed to taste like sadness?

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
If you need cheat day to keep your sanity, then yes. For pure weight loss, I'd think they aren't really necessary, even though an occasional cheat will not hurt your results.
Agreed. It's important to be happy with the diet process or else binges or lack of motivation can happen. I eat something bad daily (100-200 calories) and have a decent cheat day weekly ( 2500 - 3000 cal). Don't be afraid of enjoying your life in moderation. You'll hit your goals faster and more consistently when you are happy.

McMantits

Awards
Agreed. It's important to be happy with the diet process or else binges or lack of motivation can happen. I eat something bad daily (100-200 calories) and have a decent cheat day weekly ( 2500 - 3000 cal). Don't be afraid of enjoying your life in moderation. You'll hit your goals faster and more consistently when you are happy.
I was thinking about finding something I like to have at the end of every day or something along those lines. Probably just some potato chips or cheese. Dear God I love cheese.