Way, way too big

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Way, way too big

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I had some questions about losing some fat. I'm way too damn big but I haven't always been this way. I'm 24 years old and weigh about 250lbs and I'm only 5'10. Right after high school I lost about 60 pounds and got down to 180 to join the military and I lost that by doing an HCG from GNC. It worked well and I lost about 20 pounds on 10 days and kept losing at a slower weight. Took me about 4 months to drop 50lbs. I was miserable though and hungry all the time. I kept that weight off no problem after I stopped dieting for about 3 years and slowly started gaining it back. I blame it on getting married lol. Now I'm back to where I used to be and then some. I'm in college right now, as well is my wife, so our income is limited, but I have a little bit of free time for cardio.

Can anyone give me a good cardio routine? I'm miserably out of shape so extreme stuff from day one probably will leave me dead on the side of the road.

A tested diet plan that won't break the bank would be greatly appreciated, as well as fat loss supplements that legitimately work. I will work as hard as my body will let me and then some, but an added boost from a weight loss supplement is always welcome.
    After I drop weight I'll start hitting the weights, but for now I want t burn fat as fast as possible.

Weight: 250ish
    Goal: 200
    Waist: 38-40 inches
    BMI: too damn high
    Height: 5'10

2. Not sure if you're interested in the SARMS, but I was 5'9" 305. Took gw-501516 and ran short sprints, 40 yard run from death x10 with a minute break in between. And then kickboxing 3-4 days a week, with some bench press every now and then. After 3 months, I'm sitting at an almost sweet looking 265
    •   

3. Whenever i want to lose weight i just eat "clean" foods. Many people look down upon that statement because they believe there is no such thing as a clean food and that what matters are calories in versus calories out. But i can say that just by eating foods such as salad, oatmeal, lean meats, chicken etc im able to feel full throughout the day and lean up. I dont start counting calories unless i really want to lose weight. Thats what works for me. For cardio i just do 15 mins of either light walking or biking

4. Quote Originally Posted by MPizzle View Post
    Not sure if you're interested in the SARMS, but I was 5'9" 305. Took gw-501516 and ran short sprints, 40 yard run from death x10 with a minute break in between. And then kickboxing 3-4 days a week, with some bench press every now and then. After 3 months, I'm sitting at an almost sweet looking 265
    What exactly is SARMS? There aren't any classes around where I am and the only gym in town requires a contract and it's like $60 a month. Kind of expensive.

5. Well if you would be willing to go the PH/DS way.. Epistane would be the way to go..
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new to the site and I had some questions about losing some fat. I'm way too damn big but I haven't always been this way. I'm 24 years old and weigh about 250lbs and I'm only 5'10. Right after high school I lost about 60 pounds and got down to 180 to join the military and I lost that by doing an HCG from GNC. It worked well and I lost about 20 pounds on 10 days and kept losing at a slower weight. Took me about 4 months to drop 50lbs. I was miserable though and hungry all the time. I kept that weight off no problem after I stopped dieting for about 3 years and slowly started gaining it back. I blame it on getting married lol. Now I'm back to where I used to be and then some. I'm in college right now, as well is my wife, so our income is limited, but I have a little bit of free time for cardio.

Can anyone give me a good cardio routine? I'm miserably out of shape so extreme stuff from day one probably will leave me dead on the side of the road.

A tested diet plan that won't break the bank would be greatly appreciated, as well as fat loss supplements that legitimately work. I will work as hard as my body will let me and then some, but an added boost from a weight loss supplement is always welcome.
    After I drop weight I'll start hitting the weights, but for now I want t burn fat as fast as possible.

Weight: 250ish
    Goal: 200
    Waist: 38-40 inches
    BMI: too damn high
    Height: 5'10
    Welcome to AM and welcome back to fitness. It can be difficult to make fitness a priority with a busy schedule and day to day life but it sounds like you really want to make a change for the healthier. I would do several things:
    1. Use an online calculator to determine your current total daily energy expenditure(TDEE). Once you know this you can begin a targeted weight loss plan beginning with only a small caloric deficit at first. There is no need to be completely miserable to lose weight. Crash dieting usually ends in failure and rebound
    2. Aim for a target weight loss of 2-3 lbs per week.
    3. Make a set plan with progressive exercise goals. I would urge you to incorporate a combination of resistance training as well as cardio. Resistance training is just as if not more effective at fat loss than solely cardio based training.
    3. Focus on hit your caloric goals each day with clean foods. Adequate protein, fats, and carbs. I'm sure other weight loss experts around here can offer more specifics on this. It really isn't my forte.
    4. After a diet and training regimen are dialed in you can use supplements and increased cardio/training once your progress stalls. This is usually after the first 20 lbs or so. Caffeine has always been an effective weight loss supplement. Beyond that, Olympus Labs has a ton of effective options that you can look into for what will be right for you when the time comes:
    Bloodshred
    Ignit3
    Assassinat3
    Sup3r-7
    Super Shred
    Good luck man!
    OLYMPUS UK REP
    Use JEBROOK30 for 30% off at
    http://olympusuk.com/

7. Quote Originally Posted by coltamatik View Post
    Well if you would be willing to go the PH/DS way.. Epistane would be the way to go..
    What do you mean by PH/DS?

8. Quote Originally Posted by coltamatik View Post
    Well if you would be willing to go the PH/DS way.. Epistane would be the way to go..
    Based off of his stats i think he could lose a reasonable amount of weight just by doing some light weight training and cardio followed by a good diet

9. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    What do you mean by PH/DS?
    Prohormone and designer steroids

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    Welcome to AM and welcome back to fitness. It can be difficult to make fitness a priority with a busy schedule and day to day life but it sounds like you really want to make a change for the healthier. I would do several things:
    1. Use an online calculator to determine your current total daily energy expenditure(TDEE). Once you know this you can begin a targeted weight loss plan beginning with only a small caloric deficit at first. There is no need to be completely miserable to lose weight. Crash dieting usually ends in failure and rebound
    2. Aim for a target weight loss of 2-3 lbs per week.
    3. Make a set plan with progressive exercise goals. I would urge you to incorporate a combination of resistance training as well as cardio. Resistance training is just as if not more effective at fat loss than solely cardio based training.
    3. Focus on hit your caloric goals each day with clean foods. Adequate protein, fats, and carbs. I'm sure other weight loss experts around here can offer more specifics on this. It really isn't my forte.
    4. After a diet and training regimen are dialed in you can use supplements and increased cardio/training once your progress stalls. This is usually after the first 20 lbs or so. Caffeine has always been an effective weight loss supplement. Beyond that, Olympus Labs has a ton of effective options that you can look into for what will be right for you when the time comes:
    Bloodshred
    Ignit3
    Assassinat3
    Sup3r-7
    Super Shred
    Good luck man!
    I appreciate the info!

11. SARMS are Selective Androgenic Receptor Modulators. There are tons of receptors that trigger different things in your body to happen when they are activated. SARMS are formulated to target specific receptors to activate a specific function.

Do ahead and google gw501516. There's tons of info. I can't post links.

12. Quote Originally Posted by coltamatik View Post
    I disagree. It sounds as if op is relatively new and inexperienced with supplements, let alone anabolics. I may be wrong but I think we need to make sure he has the basics down first before putting ideas in his head. Besides, nothing works if you don't.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

13. Quote Originally Posted by Jebrook View Post
    I disagree. It sounds as if op is relatively new and inexperienced with supplements, let alone anabolics. I may be wrong but I think we need to make sure he has the basics down first before putting ideas in his head. Besides, nothing works if you don't.
    I plan on getting a routine and diet down first and getting totally comfortable with everything I am doing before I start a supplement. Gear sounds great, but even if I could afford it one day, I have no idea how I would even get it or how to use it. I would really have to have someone walk me through that.

14. Quote Originally Posted by MPizzle View Post
    SARMS are Selective Androgenic Receptor Modulators. There are tons of receptors that trigger different things in your body to happen when they are activated. SARMS are formulated to target specific receptors to activate a specific function.

Going to look into it for the future!

15. Quote Originally Posted by Mraesthetic12 View Post
    Whenever i want to lose weight i just eat "clean" foods. Many people look down upon that statement because they believe there is no such thing as a clean food and that what matters are calories in versus calories out. But i can say that just by eating foods such as salad, oatmeal, lean meats, chicken etc im able to feel full throughout the day and lean up. I dont start counting calories unless i really want to lose weight. Thats what works for me. For cardio i just do 15 mins of either light walking or biking
    Perhaps it is only a difference or definitions or semantics. It is largely a matter of calories in vs calories out, but the foods you mention will likely fill you more with less calories than other "dirty" foods. If you're counting calories, and aim for a certain amount, that is where the idea of "clean" doesn't necessarily mean as much, but if you're eating either chicken and oatmeal for a meal or Big Macs (not counting calories or eating a predetermined calorie content), you'll eat more calories with the Big Macs, no? Therefore, you lose more weight eating clean meals, but that could be because the clean meals have less calories, no? You don't need to take in as many calories from the cleaner foods as the dirty foods to be full in many instances.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

16. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    I plan on getting a routine and diet down first and getting totally comfortable with everything I am doing before I start a supplement. Gear sounds great, but even if I could afford it one day, I have no idea how I would even get it or how to use it. I would really have to have someone walk me through that.
    Youre exactly right, get your diet down and get into the habit of exercising again. Fat loss can be achieved naturally no need to go to extreme measures just yet

17. Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    That's a good approach. Don't even worry about gear or supplements right now. No way at all do you need gear if you don't even weight train. Stick around here and read and learn.
    OLYMPUS UK REP

18. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Perhaps it is only a difference or definitions or semantics. It is largely a matter of calories in vs calories out, but the foods you mention will likely fill you more with less calories than other "dirty" foods. If you're counting calories, and aim for a certain amount, that is where the idea of "clean" doesn't necessarily mean as much, but if you're eating either chicken and oatmeal for a meal or Big Macs (not counting calories or eating a predetermined calorie content), you'll eat more calories with the Big Macs, no? Therefore, you lose more weight eating clean meals, but that could be because the clean meals have less calories, no? You don't need to take in as many calories from the cleaner foods as the dirty foods to be full in many instances.
    Correct, im able to eat so much more calories through junk food because theyre so calorically dense! A mcdonalds meal has about 1000 calories, thats almost a third of my daily intake lol. On the other hand eating 1000 calories of "clean" foods is so much harder because it they seem to have more volume

19. Quote Originally Posted by Mraesthetic12 View Post
    Youre exactly right, get your diet down and get into the habit of exercising again. Fat loss can be achieved naturally no need to go to extreme measures just yet
    I'm totally open minded to a fat loss boost after a little while though lol. Someone mentioned Cardarine, can you, or anyone reading this, elaborate on it for me?

20. I plan on calorie cutting to about 1200 a day. Back when I lost weight all those years ago I cut to 800 a day. That was actually a lot more expensive than I thought. Added about $200 a month to my families grocery bill.

21. Quote Originally Posted by Mraesthetic12 View Post
    Correct, im able to eat so much more calories through junk food because theyre so calorically dense! A mcdonalds meal has about 1000 calories, thats almost a third of my daily intake lol. On the other hand eating 1000 calories of "clean" foods is so much harder because it they seem to have more volume
    It's definitely a lot harder to eat 1000 calories of chicken breast and rice than it is to eat 1000 calories of cookies, haha.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

22. @Jebrook is right on the money here. IMO Sarms and ph/ds don't even need to be considered at this point! Diet, exercise, & non hormonal supps at this point.

23. Quote Originally Posted by MPizzle View Post
    SARMS are Selective Androgenic Receptor Modulators. There are tons of receptors that trigger different things in your body to happen when they are activated. SARMS are formulated to target specific receptors to activate a specific function.

I sent you a message! I'm interested about that so far for the future. Unless I find something I don't like about it lol

24. Quote Originally Posted by Tylerclee View Post
    @Jebrook is right on the money here. IMO Sarms and ph/ds don't even need to be considered at this point! Diet, exercise, & non hormonal supps at this point.
    What are the negatives to SARMS? Are they illegal, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by McMantits View Post
    I sent you a message! I'm interested about that so far for the future. Unless I find something I don't like about it lol

25. Just want to let everyone know that my curiosity over SARMS and ph/ds definitely doesn't mean I'll being doing them. I just want to be educated is all.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 08:40 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM
  3. Get Big....But Not Too Big
    By War Machine in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 11:14 PM
  4. Libido is down, way way way down
    By abomber in forum Supplements