Issue with cut.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Okay look at this.
wp_ss_20161228_0002.jpg

That is FAT. Don't even ask how it happened. Now I'm hoping for a solution from you guys. The goal is 2300 cals a day. The problem is I am getting extreme cravings and end up eating 3000-3200 a day. Cutting has never been a issue until now I could always stick to the diet, but all of a sudden it's impossible! How do you guys and gals stay away from food when cutting. Really looking for advice. Thank you in advance.
ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 bighulksmash hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan UnicornDrpns SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 ChocolateClen justhere4comm ryane87 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
What sorts of food you getting in? You take a multi vit?

so1970

Awards
Cutting weight is tough there's no secret you will just have to count calories.try sunflower seeds to curb craving

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
angcd3 we have Noodz right off the bat!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
1st. try to make good choices: you are going to have to count your cals if you are serious.
Lean meats, Good carbs, no processed foods, fill yourself with green vegetables if you can stand it. watch the sauces and salad dressings they can sneak up on you.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Cutting weight is tough there's no secret you will just have to count calories.try sunflower seeds to curb craving
Been doing this since HS, but never had an issue with Cravings :/. will give it a try!

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, that really doesn't look as bad as you're making it sound. Maybe you're cutting too much? What's your TDEE and other stats

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
You count your macros? I'd say try low carb med fat and high protein! Protein is good for satiation. Get a good multi bit for a cut, craving can be from missing vits and minerals from cutting out foods! Loads of green veg, minimal sugar, little and often! If you've tried all these then an appetite suppressant but it would be better to wait for something like that when you drop your cals a lot more than 2300

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that really doesn't look as bad as you're making it sound. Maybe you're cutting too much? What's your TDEE and other stats
TDEE is +- 3000 Calories a day for maintenance. What other stats are you looking for?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm no help here because I have to eat 4000 cal just to gain weight and I'll loose it at like 3k... I don't even have to try cutting but I have to force myself to eat to bulk..

InB4 all the hate :lol:

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I'm no help here because I have to eat 4000 cal just to gain weight and I'll loose it at like 3k... I don't even have to try cutting but I have to force myself to eat to bulk..

Envious to say the least.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Iron legion has a huge sale going on 50% off. Invictus will help you thin out a bit . jakz

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
In all seriousness. It's just the pants. I will take out a measuring tape:lmao:
( -_- )
<|>
./|\

Juicedeez utz

Juicedeez utz

Awards
  • Established
You can do it bro, persistence is key!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

You sir, are a bastard

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Wtf. You bastard. I just sneezed and gained a pound.

C/o SFreed great minds.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Carb timing will help - only pre and post workout. No exceptions. Raise your level slightly on healthy fats. Remember - carbs cause craving while fat kills cravings

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Okay look at this.
View attachment 143613
That is FAT. Don't even ask how it happened. Now I'm hoping for a solution from you guys. The goal is 2300 cals a day. The problem is I am getting extreme cravings and end up eating 3000-3200 a day. Cutting has never been a issue until now I could always stick to the diet, but all of a sudden it's impossible! How do you guys and gals stay away from food when cutting. Really looking for advice. Thank you in advance.
ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 lifted67 bighulksmash hairygrandpa smith_69 rtmilburn FireTitan UnicornDrpns SFreed CJNator HIT4ME wesb2387 Gutterpump Tank999 ryane87 Juicedeez utz BEAST73 Alpha1agreda coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse blueline438 Volvo140G Ag5000 lifted67 ChocolateClen justhere4comm ryane87 mmorso Brandinooooo HIT4ME NewAgeMayan hairygrandpa
So - what are your current stats (height, weight, BF%)?

What are you eating and when are you eating it?

What small distinction have you changed since the last time you cut? For instance - did you change something that you may not have even consciously thought about? Like WHEN you are eating?

Some general advice:

1. LOTS of black coffee. Decaf or reg.

2. Ephedrine/Caffeine

3. Modify your macros - cut out as many carbs as you can, increase protein, if need be increase fats. Coconut oil is great.

4. I don't know your strategy - but if you aren't doing IF or something, don't go too long without eating. I did a PSMF and part of what allowed me to "get in the groove" was that I was so afraid of it when I started that I had 3-4 meals a day with many of those meals being just 150 calories worth of chicken and broccoli. Mentally - just knowing you had that "meal" and just have to go another 4-5 hours makes it more manageable. In other words - plan your meals to avoid long period of hunger - unless a complete fast is your strategy.

5. Maybe leptin is out of whack - how long you been dieting? Just starting? Months? Have you been low carbing in any way?

Knowing your meal plan, stats and routine would be helpful.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If your TDE is 3000, why are you trying for a 700 deficit? 3-500 is plenty - you want the minimum effective plan to keep things moving. If you pull all your calories out now, you have nowhere to go but lower if you hit an impass.

Adding cardio or extra light feeder sessions and lowering % of diet that is carbs are other tricks to speed things up. Certain drugs like true ephedrine, clenbuterol, and others can make a significant difference as well, but they are more of an ace card. Caffeine and Yohimbe are supps I'd look at first before those (although I am allergic to Y).

Also, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat lots of veggies. Seriously, I promise they make a difference. Not just in satiety, they actually accelerate fat loss for me. Start with a cup a day and work up if you're not used to them.

reprieve

Awards
Already a lot of great advice here, but I'd like to add to the topic of appetite supression. Besides supplements like stims or hoodia or whatever, there are ways to fill the stomach, though it won't deter cravings so much as appetite. For cravings you need to not feel so restricted by your diet. For appetite, I enjoy the taste of carbonated water, but regardlesa any carbonated 0 kcal drink can help with feeling satiated. Also, you don't really need to limit non-starchy vegetables, so learn to cook and makes vegetables something you love to eat. A lil bit of flavor from meat can benefit a larger portion of vegetables, and get acquainted with spices and seasonings. For me, i love to sautee carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I season the carrots with cumin and the broccolli or any added meat with curry powder. I add beans because this is a main meal, not a way to curb appetite, and steam cruciferous veggies on top of the stuff in the pan. I shovel this in my gobber after I add hot sauce and sour cream. So yeah, I add non-diet parts like the sour cream, but just take this for what it's worth. Also always keep in mind sauteeing requires oil and that can add lots of kcals.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If your TDE is 3000, why are you trying for a 700 deficit? 3-500 is plenty - you want the minimum effective plan to keep things moving. If you pull all your calories out now, you have nowhere to go but lower if you hit an impass.

Adding cardio or extra light feeder sessions and lowering % of diet that is carbs are other tricks to speed things up. Certain drugs like true ephedrine, clenbuterol, and others can make a significant difference as well, but they are more of an ace card. Caffeine and Yohimbe are supps I'd look at first before those (although I am allergic to Y).

Also, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, and eat lots of veggies. Seriously, I promise they make a difference. Not just in satiety, they actually accelerate fat loss for me. Start with a cup a day and work up if you're not used to them.
Yeah - so - I was thinking about this and wanted to come back with more advice and I'm going to seem like a crazy A-hole for saying this after Hyde's comments...

But are you doing a lot of cardio? Because my advice if you are having hunger issues is to drop your calories MORE and drop out the cardio. It seems to me that exercise has some kind of impact on leptin/hunger and the more cardio I do, the more foraging I do. I'm better off with a bigger deficit - but this is NOT standard advice and there are more than one ways to skin a cat (see Hyde above).

As for the water, sleep and veggies - YES. Especially sleep. During periods of extremely low sleep I find hunger goes through the roof...in line with periods of added cardio - added stress = more hunger.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Already a lot of great advice here, but I'd like to add to the topic of appetite supression. Besides supplements like stims or hoodia or whatever, there are ways to fill the stomach, though it won't deter cravings so much as appetite. For cravings you need to not feel so restricted by your diet. For appetite, I enjoy the taste of carbonated water, but regardlesa any carbonated 0 kcal drink can help with feeling satiated. Also, you don't really need to limit non-starchy vegetables, so learn to cook and makes vegetables something you love to eat. A lil bit of flavor from meat can benefit a larger portion of vegetables, and get acquainted with spices and seasonings. For me, i love to sautee carrots, onions, garlic and broccoli. I season the carrots with cumin and the broccolli or any added meat with curry powder. I add beans because this is a main meal, not a way to curb appetite, and steam cruciferous veggies on top of the stuff in the pan. I shovel this in my gobber after I add hot sauce and sour cream. So yeah, I add non-diet parts like the sour cream, but just take this for what it's worth. Also always keep in mind sauteeing requires oil and that can add lots of kcals.
10 posts in and this is gold.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards

Great advice!

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks brother. I got such great and detailed feedback from here that I am rather motivated to post decent content
You're probably the only one of us that doesn't **** around 50% of the time or more

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
This

Carb timing will help - only pre and post workout. No exceptions. Raise your level slightly on healthy fats. Remember - carbs cause craving while fat kills cravings

plus this

Are you taking/have tried any appetite suppressants? there are a lot on the market, both OTC and pharma. Anecdotally I take Claritin-D during the (full duration of the) allergy season and found that about 3 days in it kills my appetite pretty completely.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
1.) track the macros
2.) have a "tasty" healthy menu. I have to have a meal prep company do all my weekday meals bc I'm lazy and I'm a **** cook
3.) have tasty healthy items in your house to curb cravings. I crave sugar so I have kashi cinnamon crunch cereal , yasso cookie dough ice cream , quest cereal bars , combat crunch bars are my go to sweets
4. Have a legit real cheat meal on the weekend! No halo top ****!
5.) don't bring bad **** home !

You can do it ;)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Greek yogurt is a bomb replacement for sour cream, for anyone who hasn't tried it. Use it all the time.

Also, I agree on limiting cardio until it needs to be implemented (beyond basic heart health stuff). If you're doing an hour of cardio per day just to maintain on 1800 calories for example, you're screwed unless you either drop even lower or add MORE activity.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the responses, MUCH appreciated! I figured it out. I replaced my usually cardio with swimming. Swimming has always made me hungry. Will go late at night, take protein and go to bed. See if that works.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
seriously, Invictus kills my cravings! it's also amazing on a cut...especially if you're increasing your training intensity and cutting carbs/cals.

Remember telling your body to do more with less is very stressful...if cortisol is high, you likely can't cut fat. And, if cortisol is high, you'll likely face intense cravings.

As hulk said previously, this is a great time to give it a try...50% off until the 2nd at iron-legion.com