cardio for fat loss

pike place

Awards
is it more efficient to do fasted cardio or post workout cardio for fat loss?

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
IF you goal is fatloss... I would do a short warm up on the treadmill... Then do a fullbody workout.. And then do 30 min cardio sesh after.. And look at your kcal intake,

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
HIIT cardio post lifting session for 10-15 minutes is the best! If you have a standstill in fat loss then add 30-45 minutes fasted LISS (low intensity cardio) in the mornings don't let heart rate go above 140.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
is it more efficient to do fasted cardio or post workout cardio for fat loss?
Both methods are effective for fat loss, some people prefer one over the other. I personally like fasted low intensity cardio in the morning, but its personal preference. The key for fat loss is making sure that you're in a calorie deficit, whether it be from increased cardio or decreased calorie intake

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think there's a 100% right or wrong answer. I'll go with whichever you like. If fat loss is your goal, whichever one you enjoy (and therefore will actually do regularly) is the one that is best for you.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd say fasted cardio. That's what I do at least and it works for me.

Aaronfinch

Awards
Cardio is a great method for fat loss. One of my friend is using this method. Really helpful.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is this cardio you speak of and does it come in a powder or pill form?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What is this cardio you speak of and does it come in a powder or pill form?
Lol ^^^^ This.

That is exactly why doing whatever cardio works best for you, is best choice. Fasted cardio in the morning is great...for people who enjoy mornings. Everyone is different. I prefer horizontal cardio personally.

Aaronfinch

Awards
Yes, you are right. Different people like different methods. However, horizontal cardio is good so far. Thanks!

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Both methods are effective for fat loss, some people prefer one over the other. The key for fat loss is making sure that you're in a calorie deficit, whether it be from increased cardio or decreased calorie intake
^this. most people over complicate cardio and weight loss. All you need is a deficit and cardio just helps to create a little more of a deficit in calories. the largest component to your caloric deficit will be diet.

weight loss can become complicated and difficult if a person destroys their body from not refeeding or eating too few calories chronically or from being at an already low bodyfat percentage. With that being said , 90% of the population can lose weight without needing to do anything fancy (carb cycling, pre/post routines, etc).