Carb cycling for weight loss

bellamy7900

Awards
Hey all just looking in some solid advice from people who have used it successfully

Looking to drop my last 8 or so pounds.
Will be doing Ec stack with alphamax xt.

Looking at 3*low 3 high cycle . Low being under 75 carbs a day and high being slightly above maintenence levels

Any help greatly appreciated

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think this would put you on the right track. being in a caloric deficit will definitely help you loose those 8 lbs with an EC stack.

Tinyme

Awards
I do it ..my low carb days are Sunday and Wednesday. Lost 19lbs in 8 weeks

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How are you spacing out your low and high days? I like to keep my higher carb days on intense training days (leg days), and low carb days on rest days.

Also, if your carb intake is above maintenance high carb days, will your total daily calories be above maintenance as well? I think it would be counterproductive to have 3 days out of the week above maintenance calories. EC and Alphamax XT will help lean you out, but you will see very slow progress if your carbs are too high.

bellamy7900

Awards
Doing 3 day low followed by 3 day high rotation. Low carb cardio and or light weight higher reps high carb heavier weights. Won't pass maintainer calories on the higher will just drop most of the fats out if possible.

Any advise appreciated

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Doing 3 day low followed by 3 day high rotation. Low carb cardio and or light weight higher reps high carb heavier weights. Won't pass maintainer calories on the higher will just drop most of the fats out if possible.

Any advise appreciated
That sounds like a good setup. I wouldn't drop fats too low on your high carb days, but lower them enough to maintain a 200-300 calorie deficit. How long will you be using EC and Alphamax XT for? And how long are you planning to cut for?

bellamy7900

Awards
On my second bottle of xt been running it with just Ec down 12 pds

JonathanAydan

Awards
I think Carb cycling is hard work to get your weight loss. There are lots of techniques to do for that kind of purpose without any hard work. Beside these techniques you can also get your body slim and smart with different vegetables or foods. Here is an web i just find for this mission i'm too following these tips for my fats

hawkfan9

Awards
Carb cycling has worked well for me in the past. I would recommend a high(ish) fat intake on low carb days and drop those fats off on high carb days. It was important to me when I carb cycled that I was always in a caloric deficit.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any of you guys have an article you'd recommend for carb cycling?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love the article below. I have modified it for me, I suggest you do the same, but the overall point is great. I would suggest increasing fats from what is suggested in the article, from the cutting standpoint. Here are my macros/split.

I lift 6 days per week.

Sun - High Carb 396 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (3,025 cals)
Mon - Low Carb 253 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (2,525 cals)
Tue - Mod Carb 323 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (2,775 cals)
Wed - Low Carb 90-100 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (2,525 cals)
Thur - Mod Carb 323 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (2,775 cals)
Fri - High Carb 396 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (3,025 cals)
Sat - Low Carb 253 grams carbs/ 225 grams protein/ the rest fat (2,525 cals)

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I love the article below. I have modified it for me, I suggest you do the same, but the overall point is great. I would suggest increasing fats from what is suggested in the article, from the cutting standpoint. Here are my macros/split.

I lift 6 days per week.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/carb-cycling-codex
Awesome, thank you!

Any suggestions for intra workout carbs? I workout around 0400 and would need approximately 140g+. Gatorade?

enraged_chris

Awards
Whenever I do carb cycling I keep all carbs in the pre/intra/post workout window and throw in a GDA to help keep insulin sensitivity high and push those carbs right into muscle tissue. Full on low carb dieting doesn't work well for me... workout performance drops too much. But satiety is very high for me on low carb diets so the combo of some carbs thrown in around workouts really keeps me on track always.

bellamy7900

Awards
James grage(?) Of bpi had a nice article about it

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, thank you!

Any suggestions for intra workout carbs? I workout around 0400 and would need approximately 140g+. Gatorade?
I do not use any carbs intra.

Is your question how many carbs should you consume or how would you fit that 140 grams in?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do not use any carbs intra.

Is your question how many carbs should you consume or how would you fit that 140 grams in?
I assume you don't use carbs intra because you have time to eat pre?

How to consume mass carbs intra- fitting in 140g without solids. The 140 may give some tho....

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Check out the E-book by Shelby:

https://www.scribd.com/doc/233225345/Shelby-Starnes-Carb-Cycling-Guide

Set up
meal Plans
Shopping LIst

Interview:
Jason Ferruggia

V-Log/YT Video:
#4 Shelby Starnes & Carb Cycling | My Body Blends with Chris Dufey

Layne on almost any diet made:
https://www.biolayne.com/coaching/faq/part-l-dieting/

More:
https://legionathletics.com/carb-cycling/
All About Carb Cycling | Precision Nutrition

[video=youtube;OHuSBXqwNfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHuSBXqwNfo[/video]
[video=youtube;3yDPpc1Yazs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yDPpc1Yazs[/video]

Interview with Alberto Nunez and good intake on how to divy up carb intake:
The Ivory Latino: IFPA Pro Alberto Nunez Talks With Simplyshredded.com | SimplyShredded.com

In the grand scheme of things its just another way to manipulte the amount of calories you eat over the weekly period. Just dived up differently. Some would prefer to 1) eat the same thing everyday 2) Just lower calories (Carbs mostly) on non-workout days and raise fasts. Some like 3) a diverse high/medium/low carb cycle.

In the end all personal preference. for some its just more work to attain the same goal and caloric intake over the weekly deficit/surplus you are trying to maintain or achieve.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I assume you don't use carbs intra because you have time to eat pre?

How to consume mass carbs intra- fitting in 140g without solids. The 140 may give some tho....
I only train Fasted onE day per week, but have aminos pre workout and backload my carbs the night prior. And that day is a high carb day so it all works out.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards

I lift 6 days per week.

in my heaven i would love to be able to be lean and eat 3000 calories. why am i so short. so female ? :puppy_dog_eyes:

i have carb cycled in the past, it worked well, however most people that carb cycle could have lost the weight off simply keeping a deficit. a lot of opeople want to carb cycle bc it sounds great to eat over maintenance with so many carbs however true carb cycling is not so fun. for me, the best cheat days are full of fats+carbs but when carb cycling , the high cal, high carb days have limited fats. I would rather have a fun cheat /refeed day .

that all being said, carb cycling is one of the best tools ive found to push past the plateau once you are so lean that they body is fighting to keep everything :)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
in my heaven i would love to be able to be lean and eat 3000 calories. why am i so short. so female ? :puppy_dog_eyes:

i have carb cycled in the past, it worked well, however most people that carb cycle could have lost the weight off simply keeping a deficit. a lot of opeople want to carb cycle bc it sounds great to eat over maintenance with so many carbs however true carb cycling is not so fun. for me, the best cheat days are full of fats+carbs but when carb cycling , the high cal, high carb days have limited fats. I would rather have a fun cheat /refeed day .

that all being said, carb cycling is one of the best tools ive found to push past the plateau once you are so lean that they body is fighting to keep everything :)
I agree. I think that for the average person looking to start a cutting diet, carb cycling isn't a necessity. Simply eating in a deficit and monitoring your intake can have a major impact on your progress. Carb cycling is a great dieting strategy to add in when fat/weight loss stalls, and for highly trained leaner individuals. I also find that it breaks the monotony of standard dieting - it takes a bit more work to set up a carb cycling schedule but the day-to-day changes it make it a much more sustainable approach IMO