T3/Clen/eca for overweight woman

S

Straightuptog

Awards
Hi

I'm an unfit obese woman. I weigh around 20 stones - 280 pounds - so need to lose around half of my body weight. I am fat, because despite literal starvation and exercise I cannot lose weight due to hypothyroid issues. They run in my family. Previous thyroid pills from the doctor - t4 - made me even
More tired and gained even more weight... he refused to prescribe anything else.

In desperation, I started t3 a couple of months ago. To my delight, Instead of gaining, I've lost a Dress size in that time. I added in Clen and am Just finishing my first cycle this week. The weights slow to come off but it is finally.

I have a lot of weight to drop so would appreciate adviSe on how to continue to cycle.

I've heard of 2 weeks on/off Clen but wondered if given my size I should do the Benadryl on week 3 and continue taking Clen for 6 weeks?

Or is it better to cycle t3 and Clen with t3 and eca stack? Any other suggestions - please no snarky moments about eating lettuce and go for runs instead. I'm aware of the dangers but being twice my body weight is also dangerous.

S

Straightuptog

Awards
Ps I'm Cycling between

25 and 75 mcg of t3 at moment a day and 20-60 mcg of Clen

Studdscruggs

Studdscruggs

Awards
Why are you taking all of that? I don't want to scare you or anything because nothing is ever guaranteed but WOW. That is a lot. T3 CAN destroy your thyroid function once you come off and clen is known to be bad on heart cells. If you are obese adding those chemicals doesn't seem to bright in my eyes but I may be wrong. Be careful. If you are obese just focus on higher metabolism spiking diets and some OTC fat burners if anything. I know you said you don't want to hear eat lettuce and run but I don't think running all of that is wise.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No. no. No. no!

Post your test results for your thyroid.

Way too high a dose for T3. You are going to effe up your thyroid!

Change diet and increase activity before taking anything.

You need to become more active slowly and then when you come down to a reasonable weight you can see about supps.

Research and learn before you consider taking anything.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No. no. No. no!

Post your test results for your thyroid.

Way too high a dose for T3. You are going to effe up your thyroid!

Change diet and increase activity before taking anything.

You need to become more active slowly and then when you come down to a reasonable weight you can see about supps.

Research and learn before you consider taking anything.
This. Also, starvation is not a good or healthy way to lose weight. Proper diet and exercise are key, and are far more important than supplements when it comes to losing weight, especially if you plan on keeping the weight off long term. Once you have those key variables dialed in, EC is a tested/proven stack that can help, but it can not and will not ever replace proper diet and exercise.

S

Straightuptog

Awards
I'm not a normal fat person ... please do read my post.

You said I am going to eff up my thyroid but with respect, my thyroid has been effed for many years. I * gain * weight on very small calorie and carb amounts. Thyroid disease runs in my family. In the U.K. Doctors are for the most part ignorant about treating thyroid - it's not exclusively about the bloods - tsh etc - but the symptoms too and in my case I have them all including feeling cold in summer, exhaustion, water retention, dry skin etc etc

The t3 has only made me feel normal not hyper. My reading of t3, I am risking going hyper ... (overactive) .., possibly - but that's debatable - but is it worse than being fat, getting fatter and fatter, tired and cold etc. A risk I am prepared to take as desperate .. this is about quality of life not looks!

I've tried every diet in the book over 30 or so years. I've studied nutrition at university .., it doesn't make me an expert but I do know how many calories etc are in a donut so don't need to be told 'proper diet' - it's patronising and insulting as hell ... ive gone low carb and cycling and all sorts

Re 'proper diet' ... i understand pills should not be a replacement for proper diet and exercise but I gain on almost every low calorie low carb diet and exercise regime - of which I've tried many / if I'm lucky at 300 low carb calories per day plus 2-3 hours a day exercise I can maintain weight. However I've put on masses of pounds in just a few weeks on just a few hundred calories more.

My problem is my Body cannot convert t4 to t3 properly and reverse t3 fights me all the way - made worse from starvation cycles but what other alternative is there when gain on anything else

If anyone has got a good alternative for how I can lose fat I'm all ears -- this is my last resort

S

Straightuptog

Awards
Oh and incidentally, if I was in the USA or even other European countries, normal doctors would give me t3 at this level for my blood tests .., In fact x3 more given the extremity of my condition, it's the uk where doctors are pig ignorant about thyroid disease and only want to treat with t4 which makes me worse as it's converted to reverse t3 in me!!

B

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Oh and incidentally, if I was in the USA or even other European countries, normal doctors would give me t3 at this level for my blood tests .., In fact x3 more given the extremity of my condition, it's the uk where doctors are pig ignorant about thyroid disease and only want to treat with t4 which makes me worse as it's converted to reverse t3 in me!!
What's your gym routine look like?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All good information you have added but doesn't really give us real blood test numbers.

A number of other things could be fighting your weight loss.

Estrogen and T levels.
Health of your pituitary?

Not going to guess here but calories are a part of this. What quality of what and when.

I'm willing to wager your gym routine needs a bit of work too.

S

Straightuptog

Awards
'You're willing to wager' - this is a typical response ... the type of ignorance I've had from doctors too for years who cant believe I can gain on so little calories.

It's not always the fat persons fault, you know!

I'm well aware of quality of calories as well as quantity and have tried everything from low carb low fat to low carb high fat to high carb low fat and everything in between. For timing, I've tried everything from complete fasting to regular snacking ... nothing works.

Please don't give me advice on diet and exercise as I've been there and got the tshirt over 30 plus years - can anyone advise on what I'm actually asking - the cycling - with an open mind I may actually be telling the truth!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not meaning to insult here. Only help.

Reducing caloric intake too fast will screw you up. Did you realize this?

It's like playing 20 questions with a someone who thinks they know it all.

It took you a few posts to enlighten us as to more details.

Still don't know your age and real gym experience. What kinds of routines have you done?

Post menopausal? How are all other levels? If your E is too low. Etc. pituitary? Asked already and no answer.

You have to post more information so you can get solid advice. Otherwise you will be getting spitball potentially off target advice that will frustrate you.

I took the time to try and help because I care. It looks as though you know more than I do.

Good luck.

B

Br1ck_Sh1thouse

Awards
  • Established
Post an example of your daily food intake with all macros as well as your gym routine please.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not a normal fat person ... please do read my post.

You said I am going to eff up my thyroid but with respect, my thyroid has been effed for many years. I * gain * weight on very small calorie and carb amounts. Thyroid disease runs in my family. In the U.K. Doctors are for the most part ignorant about treating thyroid - it's not exclusively about the bloods - tsh etc - but the symptoms too and in my case I have them all including feeling cold in summer, exhaustion, water retention, dry skin etc etc

The t3 has only made me feel normal not hyper. My reading of t3, I am risking going hyper ... (overactive) .., possibly - but that's debatable - but is it worse than being fat, getting fatter and fatter, tired and cold etc. A risk I am prepared to take as desperate .. this is about quality of life not looks!

I've tried every diet in the book over 30 or so years. I've studied nutrition at university .., it doesn't make me an expert but I do know how many calories etc are in a donut so don't need to be told 'proper diet' - it's patronising and insulting as hell ... ive gone low carb and cycling and all sorts

Re 'proper diet' ... i understand pills should not be a replacement for proper diet and exercise but I gain on almost every low calorie low carb diet and exercise regime - of which I've tried many / if I'm lucky at 300 low carb calories per day plus 2-3 hours a day exercise I can maintain weight. However I've put on masses of pounds in just a few weeks on just a few hundred calories more.

My problem is my Body cannot convert t4 to t3 properly and reverse t3 fights me all the way - made worse from starvation cycles but what other alternative is there when gain on anything else

If anyone has got a good alternative for how I can lose fat I'm all ears -- this is my last resort
May I ask, What's you height and age?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And TDEE please.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Confused.

Did your doctor test your T3 and free T3 or not?

If so and it was normal, you're wrong in a few assumptions here.

If so and it was low, get on cytomel. Even your GP could prescribe it with a low T3 reading.

If not, get it tested.

In any scenario the above posters are right in looking for an alternative cause, we can't assume everyone joining here knows their **** even if you do please understand we are just trying to help

L

lukinosnake

Awards
  • Established
Someone is not gonna end up well. Hopefully I am wrong....