Exnihilio---help a brotha out

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I know that your cutting right now but, looking at your pics and your posts, your obviously of master of bulking. Can you please be so kind as to post your diet on a typical bulking day? (I know this may change from day to day, just want a typical). Also, can you check out this thread and tell me what your think of this on cycle bulking diet? Basically, I am wondering if I should keep it clean or if I should put more cheat meals in for bulk.

http://207.44.188.13/forum/showthread.php?t=28526

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Put more cheat in a bulk? Are you serious?

hehe master of bulking? I don't know if that a compliment or not...

:lol:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
well....my bulk doesnt have really that much cheating in it now. If I try to put another non-cheat meal in my diet, i will puke it up, so I am wondering if I should just add a cheat for extra cals.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why would you puke? Its not even a lot of food. If you are going to puke from one more "healthy" meal then you need to re-evaluate your goals because that diet is damn easy.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
maybe easy for you. I grew up eating nothing but **** all day, I am a very bad eatter. I have changed over to mostly clean, but its hard for me to eat tons of clean food. 2 cups of oats in a meal? I just cant keep it down. Just the sight of chicken these days makes me gag. Imo this diet is still a good amount of food. If I was cutting, eating clean wouldnt be so bad, but stuffing my face with brown rice and baked chicken three times a day is damn hard. I dont know how re-evaluating my goals would help, my goal is to bulk and that is they way it will stay.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
3 times a day?

What the ****!?

do it for 6 and then you can complain.

3 times a day? Faaaack.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the constructive imput houseman, everyone can alway count on you for constructuve advice:thumbsup:

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the constructive imput houseman, everyone can alway count on you for constructuve advice:thumbsup:
You punk ass chicken ****.

I reinforced what Bobo was telling you yet you slam me for the comment.

Fucking pussy.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
the main reason I am seeking ex out is because he eats a lot of non-bland yet good for you foods. for example, I know he eats chilli, beans, plantains. etc. I dont need this diet to be perfect, I just need it to be good.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
You guys make this whole diet thing way to hard on yourselves. Canned foods are your friend.

Looks like way to many shakes in there bro. Try cottage cheese as a replacement for that night time shake. Why would you need to eat 2 cups of oats at one meal? Try adding beans, veggies, high fiber cereals and MILK.

Ex is gonna tell you to eat tons of veggies and lentils are his base carb source. I'm sure he's got some more tricks though.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bulking requires one to eat a lot of calories.

If you can't handle 3 meals how the hell are you going to handle HIS caloric intake which I am sure is quite high.

You can bulk with junk but you will gain a good % of fat too. You can do it cleanly and not gain AS much but be left with much less fat on your body to have to strip away later on.

Make a choice.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
I can eat three meals a day, I am not saying I can't, I am just sick of all the oats and rice and baked chicken. So....I am trying to put together a semi clean diet. houseman----my diet isnt perfect but I am definitely not chicken ****. At 5'10 220 at 15%bf, I am not a fucking pussy.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I was cutting, eating clean wouldnt be so bad, but stuffing my face with brown rice and baked chicken three times a day is damn hard. I dont know how re-evaluating my goals would help, my goal is to bulk and that is they way it will stay.
Then you better get use dto disappointment. You want advice fomr the board but you don't wnat ot listen to what they say.

Eating that much food in your diet is so damn easy and if you think THAT is hard then you should re-evalute your goals in this sport. That is the point. If you can't hack 6 meals a day, then you are going to have problems.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can eat three meals a day, I am not saying I can't, I am just sick of all the oats and rice and baked chicken. So....I am trying to put together a semi clean diet. houseman----my diet isnt perfect but I am definitely not chicken ****. At 5'10 220 at 15%bf, I am not a fucking pussy.
So then find some wholegrain breads and fish. Or Muti-grain bagels and cottage cheese. Or beans and turkey. There are a shitload of foods that you can eat. Just go find them.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
You guys make this whole diet thing way to hard on yourselves. Canned foods are your friend.

Looks like way to many shakes in there bro. Try cottage cheese as a replacement for that night time shake. Why would you need to eat 2 cups of oats at one meal? Try adding beans, veggies, high fiber cereals and MILK.
I love it. I guess good minds do think alike. ;)

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
let me try to clear this up, cuz its getting way out of hand. I can eat six meals a day clean. I can eat about 3,000cal a day of clean food. After that, I start getting sick to my stomach a lot. So....I wanna know If I can do something like 3,000 clean, 1,500-2,000 semi-clean or cheat. I am hoping to eat 6 500cal clean meals and cheats thrown in and I am wondering if this is a good idea.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
ok....lemme post a new diet when I get the time and then you guy can tell me what you think ok? I am not trying to be difficult. I think people are misunderstanding me. (bobo I know it will change from day to day, this will be a typical day)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And the asnwer is yes, if you want to get fat then go for it. If you don't, then find beter food choices.

Its real simple. The more you cheat on a bulking diet the worst off you will be. You are already close to maintenance so if you go over with shitty foods then the reuslts will be the wrost you can think of (less muscle, more fat). Its not ALL about calories, its also about the nutrient value of food. The more you cheat, the less nutrient dense food you get which means less results.

BTW- 6500 calories is completely overkill. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but they are very wrong. I know guys that are 260+ with single digit bf% that don't take nearly that much. You surely don't need it unless you want to be REAL fat.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
at 220 lbs and 15% body fat that gives you 187 lbs of lean body mass. Do you really think you need 6500 cals a day? More like 3000-3500 depending on activity levels. So if you can get in 6 clean 500 cals meals a day you're straight bro. I'm guessing that the reason you're not growing right now off of 3000 cals a day is b/c you're eating so many shakes. There really is NO substitute for whole foods.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
at 220 lbs and 15% body fat that gives you 187 lbs of lean body mass. Do you really think you need 6500 cals a day? More like 3000-3500 depending on activity levels. So if you can get in 6 clean 500 cals meals a day you're straight bro. I'm guessing that the reason you're not growing right now off of 3000 cals a day is b/c you're eating so many shakes. There really is NO substitute for whole foods.
Batting a thousand. :)

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
not to jump on the bandwagon, but they're right on the 'too many shakes' thing. found that out the hard way. whole food is too beneficial to substitute with powder.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
here is goes guys...this would be the pinnical of what I could consume......

A lifting day (typical)

8:30am
Shake (7 egg whites, three yolks, 1/2 oats, tang to taste)
1 whole wheat bagel

10:00-11:15 Workout
immeadiately after workout---45 grams of whey, 100g of malto (I know your not big on hi gi pwo bobo, but bear with me)

1:00
1/2 lean ground turkey
half a box of annie all organic mac and chesse.

3:30
1 can of homel chilli
1 pint of milk with micellar casien

6:00
Two tuna melts on whole wheat bagels with cheese (little light mayo)

8:30 (this is my dinner, I get home from work around 8pm)
3/4 pound of fish (any kind) or red meat
2 sweet potates
large portion of light wilted spinach with olive oil

11:00
1 1/2 cups of cottage cheese.
(some carb here, can't think of one that will go with cottage cheese.

I will post macros if you want. I know that I probably need only around 3,500, but remember this would be an "on" cycle diet, I choose to do one.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmm where to begin.. I will say i am like you in the sense that even the sight of chicken makes me want to puke. Since i dont eat any fish or cottage cheese that is one of my only choices and i have been eating it for about 3-4 of my 6 daily meals for over 3-4 months now.. You just have to deal with it, you have to mix it up on how you prepare it, and you will do fine..

I don't know what your diet was before the edit, but sounds like 3 meals. Like bobo said that is easy. This is my first real attempt at a CLEAN bulk and let me tell you what bobo has me eating is ALOT, it was hard for umm about the first day or two, now i feel i could eat another meal if bobo wanted me too.

Don't get too sloppy with your diet, keep it clean and you will thank yourself later when you don't have to shed tons of fat(unless being fat is your goal, then eat bacon cheeseburgers, and cookies till you vomit:D )

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
1 can of homel chilli
I think you'll be lookin' at a "tummy ache" here.^
I don't think you need carbs here. For years I have eaten CCw/low carb yogurt, a few berries, and flax oil or flax seeds. You can add splenda if you need more sweetness. Also, CC is good w/splenda to taste, cinnamon, and flax oil. HMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
so what about the diet I just posted? The edit wasnt my diet, it was something else. My diet is on the thread posted first.

BigP0ppa3

Awards
  • Established
BTW- 6500 calories is completely overkill. I don't know where you are getting your numbers from but they are very wrong. I know guys that are 260+ with single digit bf% that don't take nearly that much. You surely don't need it unless you want to be REAL fat.
Bobo - I think the way he wrote that part out came out bad.

Undertaker didn't mean 6500 calorie meals, I think it was supposed to read as SIX 500 calorie meals for a total of 3000 calories.

BP

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
AHH....Yeah that would be better.

6x 500 meals in clean food is EASY!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MMMMM, food

You need to sit down with yourself, and ask what do I want out of all of this?

If you say "I want to get fuckin' bigger damnitt," then EAT!!! That's the ansewr.

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Blend up cottage cheese with ice and sugar-free jello for flavoring.

Chicken with fat-free cream cheese and mustard on whole-wheat bread. (don't knock it 'till you try it)

Add any canned meat to a can of some clean carbs, like tuna w/great northern beans, chicken w/hominy, salmon w/lentils.

Go through the aisles at the food store reading labels. You'll be surprised what you find. Make some basic combos that you've never thought of before and give them a try, even if they don't sound incredibly appetizing at first. Experimentation will lead you to success :)

:thumbsup:

-kwantam

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
guys!!!! what about the newly posted diet? I think its pretty solid

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro, I know you're dying for feedback. Check post 27 for a few comments. Beyond that I think you look pretty good. I would take Kwantam's advice and start pairing healthy (canned) protein/carb options to diversify. Definitely stick with food.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
yea, I am just gonna bite the bullent and shove this diet right down. Thank Beo, I thought it was good as well.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
here is goes guys...this would be the pinnical of what I could consume......

A lifting day (typical)

8:30am
Shake (7 egg whites, three yolks, 1/2 oats, tang to taste)
1 whole wheat bagel

10:00-11:15 Workout
immeadiately after workout---45 grams of whey, 100g of malto (I know your not big on hi gi pwo bobo, but bear with me)

1:00
1/2 lean ground turkey
half a box of annie all organic mac and chesse.

1 can of homel chilli

6:00
Two tuna melts on whole wheat bagels with cheese (little light mayo)

8:30 (this is my dinner, I get home from work around 8pm)
3/4 pound of fish (any kind) or red meat
2 sweet potates
large portion of light wilted spinach with olive oil

I will post macros if you want. I know that I probably need only around 3,500, but remember this would be an "on" cycle diet, I choose to do one.
Your having a hard time putting food down because the way you set your meals up I can tell they taste like ****.

Why not try making a yummy breakfast burrito with a whole wheat tortilla (not one of those saturated fat nightmare ones, try tortilla factory) and some top round (trimmed super lean) or 97% lean ground beef. Yum... You can make a big fattie and put some eggs, rice, red pepper, spinach, black beans, onions, etc. Add a bowl of fruit with that, and you have a great tasting breakfast.

Ditch that malto and have a couple of bananas and a half cup of oatmeal post workout man.

The mac n cheese with ground turkey is probably okay if you add a ton of veggies in there (dunno about the macros on it, or saturated fat content but I'm guessing you wouldn't bother if it was THAT bad). Just mix in some spinach, broccoli, peppers, whatever, and add some tabasco sauce to cover the flavor.

I do canned chili too (a lowfat turkey kind from trader joes), though I add about 3 cups of lentils to mine :D and lots of veggies. :thumbsup:

I'd ditch the tuna melts, think up something better. If you want a sandwich that's portable use those la tortilla factory whole wheat nonfat tortillas and make a "wrap" with grilled chicken, lean hamburger, top round, whatever - add in some grilled peppers, steamed asparagus, lettuce and a small dash of light ranch dressing if you want - great!

Try having whole wheat pasta instead of sweet potatos (actually a lot of people make the mistake here of going for sweet potatos when yams are what they are thinking of - yes there is a difference) and make a spinach basil garlic pesto (heavy on the spinach). The fish is ok, but be careful man, too much can be bad for you... when I explain bioamplification to people they usually get pretty turned off by animal fats (and well you should).

My bulking secret is two gallons of 1% milk a day :)

Oh yeah, cottage cheese with crushed pineapple, lemon juice, splenda, and a mix of ground sunflower and flax seeds is awesome.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
My bulking secret is two gallons of 1% milk a day :)
:blink: :type: !
wow, seriously? I drink a lot of milk but don't overdo it because of the sugar. Certainly a good, cheap source.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
People make a big deal about the "sugar" in milk. There's more "sugar" in broccoli than milk bro :) Literally - look up the sucrose content in milk and in broccoli.

Sugar should be a four letter word ;) Truth is though that "carbohydrate = sugar" (with a couple of exceptions that you wouldn't want to ingest for reasons of toxicity). Don't fear the sugar, fear the refined sugar.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
okay, more milk for me. Is there any truth to milk being an appetite suppressant? When I get that 'bloated feeling' I naturally don't want to eat anymore.

i just dont want this to happen to me:
http://img274.echo.cx/img274/1979/green14dn.jpg

:lol:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
:lol: don't worry you won't turn green. Milk is a short term appetite supressant but the effect only lasts about 20 minutes. I did bloat up a decent amount when drinking two gallons a day, but it's not unbearable unless you're to some degree lactose intolerant (which I am not).

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
thank ex, can always count on you.

1. explain to me why fish is bad, I really wanna know as I eat alot of it.

2. what is the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? Why arent sweet potatoes a good choice?

my mac and cheese is low in sat fat. not really high in unsat either.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
thank ex, can always count on you.

1. explain to me why fish is bad, I really wanna know as I eat alot of it.

2. what is the difference between sweet potatoes and yams? Why arent sweet potatoes a good choice?

my mac and cheese is low in sat fat. not really high in unsat either.
1 - biological amplification... Slowly degrading fat soluble pollutants can be transferred through food chains eventually end up in the food that you eat. At each level of the food chain, the concentration of chemical pollutants gets higher. Fish that are eaten by man can often be from five to ten steps up the food chain, and the concentration of toxins is increased typically by a factor of 10^5 to 10^10 (yes up to ten billion times). This is why mercury poisoning from fish is a real issue, and I promise you there are other things besides mercury in the fat of the fish you eat that are detrimental to your health... The leaner the meat the better as the majority of toxins are in the fat, but I would limit your intake of large swimming fish particularly - though small fish are fine. Beef is ok, I'd still avoid the fat, but as far as things go Bos taurus is pretty low on the food chain :D

2. Sweet potatos are a higher GI and less vitamin dense. They aren't a BAD food by any stretch of the imagination, but there's better things out there you can eat if you're looking for a solid general carb.

nodgodbod

Awards
1 - biological amplification... Slowly degrading fat soluble pollutants can be transferred through food chains eventually end up in the food that you eat. At each level of the food chain, the concentration of chemical pollutants gets higher. Fish that are eaten by man can often be from five to ten steps up the food chain, and the concentration of toxins is increased typically by a factor of 10^5 to 10^10 (yes up to ten billion times).
Damn im going to have to reduce my tuna intake - 3 cans a day at the moment - but can be up to 4 on weekends when I'm at home all day. I'll just have to bite the bullet and invest in more chicken.
Good info. ex

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh ex, your so smart:box:

this bio amp idea is a very interesting idea and it makes sense. Wouldn't it logically follow then that animals whom are taken out of the food chain like farm raised fish (who eat a artifical protein pellet based diet) and cows/chickens (artifical diet as well), this toxicity would be minimal (given that there artifical diets were made from subtances void of these toxins.)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
ohhhhh ex, your so smart:box:

this bio amp idea is a very interesting idea and it makes sense. Wouldn't it logically follow then that animals whom are taken out of the food chain like farm raised fish (who eat a artifical protein pellet based diet) and cows/chickens (artifical diet as well), this toxicity would be minimal (given that there artifical diets were made from subtances void of these toxins.)
I don't trust the "feed pellets" given in the majority of major "industrial" farms. They're usually made of an awful mixture of soy waste products, and I'm sure it's not free of industrial contaminants in addition to the lovely stuff they spray on the low grade of soybeans they use for animal consumption. If you want to eat a lot of meat I'd advise going with animals fed high quality organic feed (free range cattle are probably the most choice). The leaner the meat the less of an issue it is though, so if you eat only chicken breasts and 97% fat free turkey/beef you should be ok regardless, as long as you're not eating tons of it every day.

As for farm raised fish, technically it's fine I'm fairly sure, but having actually seen a fish farm it's a bit of a turn off :) The water reeks in a way you wouldn't believe, and it's basically a sludge-like vat of fish excrement just thin enough to provide oxygen for the fish...

Like I said, no need to go crazy with the meat. If you like it eat it though, I just heartily encourage you to eat the leanest cuts you can get (which is good for a number of other reasons too) and buy high quality only.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
As for farm raised fish, technically it's fine I'm fairly sure, but having actually seen a fish farm it's a bit of a turn off :) The water reeks in a way you wouldn't believe, and it's basically a sludge-like vat of fish excrement just thin enough to provide oxygen for the fish...

Like I said, no need to go crazy with the meat. If you like it eat it though, I just heartily encourage you to eat the leanest cuts you can get (which is good for a number of other reasons too) and buy high quality only.
fish vat? sound healthy. To get enough protien in each day, your kinda have to go a little crazy on the meats.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
fish vat? sound healthy. To get enough protien in each day, your kinda have to go a little crazy on the meats.
I get close to 500g each day and I don't eat more than about 6oz of meat a day...

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
6oz? thats nothing.....Where the **** are you getting your protein from?

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
6oz? thats nothing.....Where the **** are you getting your protein from?
a gallon of milk, 3-4 servings of whey, a quart of cottage cheese, about 5-6 cups of lentils, protein fortified whole wheat pasta and ground flax/sunflower seeds... The 97% lean beef I eat each day is about 36g of pro, I eat it for the micronutrients and flavor.