Help with carbohydrate consumption!

Low

Low

Awards
Hi I'm 34 and I lost over 80lbs on a low carb high protein diet went from a size 42 to a size 32 in waist. , i eat only whole foods track all my calories and nutrients. Recently i increased my calories up to 3000 and was not gaining fat, I purchased carbohydrate supps, to add to my zero carb isopure shakes because when I inputted my info on a body calc for macronutrients it said I need to consume 209g of protein 315g of carbs and 70g of fat to build muscle on a 2700 kcal diet. Ever since I did that I'm getting flabby and my aria scale says I am now 19% body fat when I have been holding at 17-18%bf. Obviously too much carbs but can someone tell me how many carbs I have to eat to grow muscle while I'm working out 5 days a week? I'm 34, 5'9 183lbs.. any suggestion would be appreciated I have been a fat kid my whole life, i lost 80lbs got abs and I have self confidence I have never had before! I just am scared of bulking because I worked so hard to loose the fat that made me hate myself for so many years.
I could really use someone's help that could work with me I am open to all help and suggestions.

Thanks!

snowwolf

snowwolf

Awards
Hi I'm 34 and I lost over 80lbs on a low carb high protein diet went from a size 42 to a size 32 in waist. , i eat only whole foods track all my calories and nutrients. Recently i increased my calories up to 3000 and was not gaining fat, I purchased carbohydrate supps, to add to my zero carb isopure shakes because when I inputted my info on a body calc for macronutrients it said I need to consume 209g of protein 315g of carbs and 70g of fat to build muscle on a 2700 kcal diet. Ever since I did that I'm getting flabby and my aria scale says I am now 19% body fat when I have been holding at 17-18%bf. Obviously too much carbs but can someone tell me how many carbs I have to eat to grow muscle while I'm working out 5 days a week? I'm 34, 5'9 183lbs.. any suggestion would be appreciated I have been a fat kid my whole life, i lost 80lbs got abs and I have self confidence I have never had before! I just am scared of bulking because I worked so hard to loose the fat that made me hate myself for so many years.
I could really use someone's help that could work with me I am open to all help and suggestions.

Thanks!
Scales cannot accurately measure body fat, they measure mass and have no way of telling the difference in densities (fat vs muscle vs organ and bone). So unless youre using calipers im not sure how those numbers can be accurate.
If you want to post pics we could reasonably estimate it, but submersion or calipers are the way to go for accurate measure.

Your macros look decent just at a glance, its similar to many people who train and diet and want to lean bulk. Supplements suck, stick with the whole foods. Now if you need to throw in a supplement for pre or intra workout carbs then go for it. I like doing that sometimes. But get your carbs from potatos and veggies and some real bread, things like that. Complex carbs are great, its a cleaner energy per say than sugars that if eaten in a higher amount will almost certainly go into storage as fat.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Scales cannot accurately measure body fat, they measure mass and have no way of telling the difference in densities (fat vs muscle vs organ and bone). So unless youre using calipers im not sure how those numbers can be accurate.
If you want to post pics we could reasonably estimate it, but submersion or calipers are the way to go for accurate measure.

Your macros look decent just at a glance, its similar to many people who train and diet and want to lean bulk. Supplements suck, stick with the whole foods. Now if you need to throw in a supplement for pre or intra workout carbs then go for it. I like doing that sometimes. But get your carbs from potatos and veggies and some real bread, things like that. Complex carbs are great, its a cleaner energy per say than sugars that if eaten in a higher amount will almost certainly go into storage as fat.
?️?️?️ spot on, listen to this guy

P.s congrats on the weight loss