Help Needed

Tommyblifts

Awards
Hey guys, so I have been out of the gym for about a year and I just got my body fat percentage of 33% which we all know is really bad. I carry most of my fat in my mid section and chest. I have been eating healthy and going to the gym for about a month now. I am 30 years old 6' 260lbs. My goal is to get healthy and be at around 220. Weight is not my goal but I want to have a bulky look and feel healthy. Right now I eat a protein bar or oatmeal for breakfast, tuna on whole grain as meal 2, chicken with brown rice as meal 3 and usually a variety of food for dinner. The gym I usually do 20 min of the bike and about 30 min of weight lifting. Mostly light weight high reps and 15 sec rest time. Let me know what you guys think. Any advice would be great here. Thanks.

Masterkai

Masterkai

Awards
First off congratulations on the diet change. Also kudos for actually visiting the doc. Men usually shy away from hospitals. Have you done any research on resistance training and cardio acceleration?

Masterkai

Masterkai

Awards
Also any poor habits? Smoking, heavy drinking etc. Also it would help to mention any predispositions or ailments that are important before beginning training. Such as diabetes, high blood pressure etc.

Tommyblifts

Awards
No bad habits. Other than being out of shape I am healthy. The only thing that slows me down is I have a pinched nerve that sucks sometimes but I work through it. I have done resistance training in the past and no I don't know what cardio acceleration is.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Nothing sounds wrong with what you are doing so far sir, mixed weights and cardio is as good as it gets for fat loss.

You never want to do too much at first, you need room to progress later on once things slow.

Can I ask how you've done in your first month? Did you lose weight?

If you want dietary advice we'd need more than some typical food choices. Ideally you would at least have a ballpark of your daily caloric intake if you know it (or share a full day of your diet here so we can)

It's not necessary to track it, but I'd at least like to be sure you're getting your minimums

Tommyblifts

Awards
Yeah I will track my calories today and see what I am at. I believe I am around 2k. I haven't noticed weight loss but I am definitely starting to feel better.

CottonFeverr

Awards
Hey man! Congrats on making an effort!
My advice is don't be afraid to eat dude.
Don't restrict your calories too much, or you'll end up like how I was for a few months: same weight but weaker and fatter.
Start high and figure out maintenance.
Keep it up!