Fasted cardio, what method and how long?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys

For everyone that does fasted cardio

What is your most effective method?

I usually do incline walk at about 130-140 HR for about 30-40 mins. 3 times a week. I suffered from a hamstring tear a year and a half ago and find that the incline walk after a while is a bit taxing on it

Anyone else have success with different methods?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do 20-30 minutes with alpha Y and Caffeine 3-5x a week

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I've read that the fat burning stage starts at around 30 mins of steady state fasted cardio. Do you find that 20 mins is sufficient enough?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've read that the fat burning stage starts at around 30 mins of steady state fasted cardio. Do you find that 20 mins is sufficient enough?
I work out in the AM after about a 8-12 hour fast but it works for me. Fits my schedule too.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
I work out in the AM after about a 8-12 hour fast but it works for me. Fits my schedule too.
Do you do your weight training in a fast as well? Before or after cardio?

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Same here, I'm on cutting and I'm doing 20-30 minutes of fasted cardio 2x times x week with IGNIT3 ( on rest days). The other days 10minutes at the end of each workout

leprechaun1

leprechaun1

Awards
Fasted cardio (2X) and weight training (3X) per week. I usually take a pwo, add 5-10mg of Yomibine and Green Tea extract for every fasted workout session (don't add the Y for cardio). My fasted cardio is 40-60min weighted vest (currently 40lbs) walking in my neighborhood which has a lot of fairly steep hills. I don't monitor HR yet but will be starting soon. Using this, I've dropped from a weight of 220lbs at 27% bf to 208lbs at 19% in 10 weeks. Got a long way to go (goal is 10-12%) but not really in a hurry.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
.2 my per kg of body weight for yohimbe + 200 my caffeine
20 min liss followed by 10-15 minutes hiit followed by 20-40 min. Liss again
2 to 3 times a week max
Sfp2.0 per Lyle McDonald

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys

For everyone that does fasted cardio

What is your most effective method?

I usually do incline walk at about 130-140 HR for about 30-40 mins. 3 times a week. I suffered from a hamstring tear a year and a half ago and find that the incline walk after a while is a bit taxing on it

Anyone else have success with different methods?
Low intensity will be your best bet for fasted cardio. If your hamstring is bugging you, try a different form of LISS like a stationary bike or rowing machine. I agree with the other recommendations for yohimbine. When cutting, I use .2g/pound body weight of y-hcl with 200mg caffeine for my fasted cardio sessions. I also implement HIIT at other times of the day (or after weight training) while cutting. 40+ minutes of walking on a teadmill gets old preeetty quick