Feeling cold all the time when cutting.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Hi all, do you notice hands and feet much colder when running a calorie deficit of 1000+Kcals per day below maintenance or when intermittent fasting 16/8 and possibly running a low carb diet.

I always seem to have this problem with cutting mainly hands and feet but whole body is sensitive to cold.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At a lower body fat percentage, I am generally more cold than when at a higher percentage

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
Can't really say I'm always pretty low bf by genetics.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hi all, do you notice hands and feet much colder when running a calorie deficit of 1000+Kcals per day below maintenance or when intermittent fasting 16/8 and possibly running a low carb diet.

I always seem to have this problem with cutting mainly hands and feet but whole body is sensitive to cold.
This is common because as you diet down hormone levels drop from long term cutting or severe caloric deceits. Ask almost any competitor who goes through a contest prep they will tell you the same thing. Just a common side effect the leaner you get and a lower BF% you do achieve. The same can be said with your immune system the leaner you get, it won't be as good as if you are a normal BF%. Sometimes the leaner you get can have some side effects your regarding your health and hormonal panel.

fdigioia99

fdigioia99

Awards
This is common because as you diet down hormone levels drop from long term cutting or severe caloric deceits. Ask almost any competitor who goes through a contest prep they will tell you the same thing. Just a common side effect the leaner you get and a lower BF% you do achieve. The same can be said with your immune system the leaner you get, it won't be as good as if you are a normal BF%. Sometimes the leaner you get can have some side effects your regarding your health and hormonal panel.
Great info brother! Thanks Frank

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Another thing to mention is this....

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/cheat-meal-manifesto

When people refeed or have cheat meals during a dieting phase they start to sweat like crazy, the reason? Leptin levels and raising hormonal levels.

When you diet you tend to feel...

Your body temperature is starting to drop; you feel cold ALL the time.
Feeling cold all the time, hitting plateaus, losing lots of weight in a short period of time, and having poor workouts are signs a cheat meal could be in order.

And if you refeed or raise calories its
- Feeling hot, sweating, better mood, better energy etc..

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Long term cutting has all kinds of not so fun repercussions.

The hormone most involved here is thyroid, worth having checked.
That said reintroducing more calories should fix it too.

Insulin sensitivity is primed, t4/t3 conversion may be low, but t3 sensitivity high.

Load carbs and watch the magic happen

enraged_chris

Awards
I've noticed this to be the case especially on low carb diets. I'm not cold but when I'm bullking or maintenance I'm constantly hot so I am definitely colder.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Touching on more:

Prolonged low carb = lower t3 conversion from T4
(so TSH medications don't work as well either)

T3 is about 100x more bioactive, and integral to thermoregulation.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried wearing clothes? Something more than a tank top like perhaps a sweater of some sort?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried wearing clothes? Something more than a tank top like perhaps a sweater of some sort?
Lol but OP are you taking any weight loss product? Something that has Yohimbe in it?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Lol but OP are you taking any weight loss product? Something that has Yohimbe in it?
Using DCP, Exotherm and Hydroxyelite, + wearing vest with t-shirt + jumper and hoodie over jumper and still cold.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I always have this issue... I do IF as well and late in the day I always feel significantly colder... Which for me is usually a good thing as I literally run hot all the time (temp sits almost a full degree above normal). When I eat and sleep I turn into a furnace tho. Its unreal how I can expend so much heat and still ahve garbage metabolism ha.

jramoska

jramoska

Banned
Awards
Increase B vits they can help with cold limbs.
Dad is a doc so take it for what it's worth :)

shanethomas

Awards
Calories = energy so it's normal to feel cold when cutting. Your body doesn't heat itself as well

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Calories = energy so it's normal to feel cold when cutting. Your body doesn't heat itself as well
When i carb up currently on fought-nightly cheat / re-feed days i tend to feel much warmer so +1 i agree here, also energy levels are good for that day and for following 2 workouts over next 2 days e.g. sunday carb up, then mon i usually have a great leg workout and tuesday good chest workout before energy levels dropping again by wed.

I have used Eviscerate original version for the 1st time today and find that works well to heat midsection up and combat the cold feeling.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I feel the same way when dieting too, especially toward the end of a cut. That's why I always transition into a lean bulk in the fall, I can't bear the cold!

akhimoe

Awards

How weird I was feeling like this the past couple days when I started a calorie deficit I thought it's just the cold and didn't bother but it this is definitely true

sespress

Awards
Ha also and only 500 in defecit. Thought I was getting old, need a blanket on my lap