Taurine

A

aver4581

Awards
Anyone find taurine useful for weight loss?

When using clen does anyone find adding taurine increases fat loss?

Read a poliquin article on how it assists on a mitrochondial level so thought it would be beneficial to fat loss as well as the cramps

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Taurine compliments beta alanine but check me here. They also compete so should be taken at different times.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I ran a while back with some success. The timing is key though so look into that.

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Without looking at the polquin study, I would guess that on a caloric deficit Taurine supplementation would be beneficial because it giving your body raw ingredients that it is not able to obtain BECAUSE you are on a deficit and allowing your body to continue to perform optimally.

But as far as taking Taurine and losing weight, I do not think that one causes the other.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"Taurine exerts most of its benefits vicariously though other compounds in the body, but exerts some of its own on a cellular level. It is being heavily researched as an anti-diabetic compound due to its actions on organs of the body of most concern to diabetics (kidney, eye, nerve health) as well as controlling blood sugar while reducing some forms of insulin resistance."

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Taurine/

kelso312

kelso312

Awards
  • Established
Just read that link. This was also in the article:

"Taurine is not bull urine, it is an organic acid with a sulfur in it. It is found in foods, in highest amounts in meats, and is a heart and blood healthy agent that can confer a wide variety of health benefits. Its most well known usage is to reduce cramping caused by fat burners like Ephedrine."

It is nice to know it is not bull urine...

Taurine has some effect on T4-T3 conversion. Thyroid hormone levels are linked to insulin/blood glucose levels. So that could be part of what is at play in regards weight loss benefits.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ikr! "Bull Urine". I love examine.com

I take 8 grams per day spread out. Helps back pumps too if you have'm.