Fasting schedule time question

X

xanderjd

Awards
For those who use intermittent fasting, I've got the basic idea, but here is my question:

I workout at roughly 6pm and do morning cardio at 4am. My first meal is at 6am, 1 hour after cardio and my last meal is a 1pm, roughly 4 hours before my evening workout.

The goal is to do both workouts in a fasted state.

Is the schedule beneficial as it is? If not, what changes should be made?

Thanks

Rikrodgers

Rikrodgers

Awards
Personally, I wouldn't wait that long after your evening session to refuel your body (6am the next day). You can still train fasted, but you'd be better off fasting for longer after the morning cardio and moving your eating window to a little later. Looks like you do a 17/7 fast/feed split - any reason for this? Maybe try a 16/8 protocol and have your last meal at 7pm after training, with your first one being 11am.
I assume you're up early, but still sleeping at night time? This is why I suggest having some food after training with weights; to feed your body post-workout and help with recovery. By the time you wake and do the morning cardio you'll be in a fasted state. To enter a fasted state again for the evening training, have your meals as follows: 11am / 2pm / 7pm. That way you get the best of both worlds!
Hope that makes sense!

X

xanderjd

Awards
My morning cardio is always fasted. The 17/7 window was as close to the 16/8 while keeping both my workout sessions fasted.

I also liked the idea of two meals as opposed to three.

But I understand what your saying, I'm looking at switching up my workout sessions to fit into the fast as well...just trying to fit it all into the right window

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Same here. I'm revising my whole diet plan and workout schedule for the summer. Timing is hard.

X

xanderjd

Awards
Yeah, it's kinda why the 17/7 works for me. I figured it's a longer period before re-feeding but at least a longer fasting period as well.