Calorie intake and exercise calories

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I have been in a calorie deficit for the past 6 months with some vacation days, weddings, family events, was sick for a week that I went over on calories. I have been working out 5-6 days a week HIIT and weight training and I will burn from 350 -800 calories per day. I am a female, 26 years old, 142 lbs and 5'7'' what should my calories be at. I am struggling to lose this last 10 lbs of FAT! Should I be counting in my exercise calories?? I eat 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat about 6 days per week. Eating anywhere from 1500-1800 calories 5-6 days a week. It varies on how I am feeling. But I work out no less than 4 days a week. HELP!?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Those last 10 pounds are a bitch, try keeping calories at 1200-1300 a day for few days and not counting your exercise calories (I never do) keep carbs low and also if you're extremely desperate to burn off those final pounds you can try a fat burner or homemade blend like ECA or ECY stack (as long as your ticker is healthy)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
OK and I am currently on Norcodrene and Shift and do fasted HIIT every morning... wasnt sure if going that low would burn my metabolism

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Next time you train legs have like a 2,000+ calories day and splurge on carbs. Then drop back down the rest of that week. Your metabolism will go into overdrive and you should start burning fat again

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ That's good advice. And it may just take some more time to get that last 10lbs. I don't know exactly what you're eatting or what your training is like but make sure you truly are getting that caloric number and that you truly are in a caloric deficit. Sometimes I've talked with people and they say they are eatting this amount of calories but when we walked thru their diet plan they were eatting way more than that. So just verify.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I train legs 3 x a week :) LOL... I normally do full body workout 45 minutes about 3-4 times a week depending how weak and sore I am. I have been in between 1500-1800 calories(depends how I am feeling that day) but not really sure what my REAL caloric deficit should be at. I use myfitnesspal and weigh and count everything!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would say your maintenance calories are anywhere from 1800-1900/day try to stick about 1300-1500 after that refeed/cheat meal we talked about.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Ok I'm on the PES summer stack of Norcodrene and Shift. Started on Tuesday and I am starting to feel the suppressed appetite a little bit today (Friday). I feel hungry all the time especially at night time and I get bored easily and feel the need to snack. Is there any other better appetite suppressant? OR suggesstions!?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I wish lmao my appetite is insane so my last meal of the day is usually a whole bag of lettuce mixed with 4-8 chicken, 2 tablespoons of caesar dressing and 1/2-1 full of cottage cheese, around 500 calories depending on how much chicken/cottage cheese you mix in but it usually fills me up decently before bed.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine is a natural appetites suppressant but not so good before bad.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I'm on the PES summer stack of Norcodrene and Shift. Started on Tuesday and I am starting to feel the suppressed appetite a little bit today (Friday). I feel hungry all the time especially at night time and I get bored easily and feel the need to snack. Is there any other better appetite suppressant? OR suggesstions!?
The bold part is what I wanted to highlight. I can fall into the same trap and the best advice I can give is just to make sure you're occupied with something. When I'm at work, the gym, or out with friends (so long as it's not an outing focused solely around food lol) I don't even think about eating. But if I'm at home and just watching tv and not actually doing something, then I'll just want to eat for the sake of it -- not for hunger at all.

Aside from that, the products you're using are solid and should be more than enough. However, if you're looking to add something else to the mix, you may consider Epitome:

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=2004967 (5% off with code "anabolic05")

It works on fat loss via focus on leptin and after initially making me very hungry (lol), it absolutely squashed my appetite, but more importantly the cravings to snack.

It's not something you HAVE to have; like I said, you have a solid stack. But if you are looking for something else, this is a great addition.

Now, beyond all that -- in your first post, did I read that correctly that you've spent the past 6 months in a caloric deficit? If so, I don't know that I'd be suggesting you drop calories down to 1200-1300.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I have been in a calorie deficit for the past 6 months with some vacation days, weddings, family events, was sick for a week that I went over on calories. I have been working out 5-6 days a week HIIT and weight training and I will burn from 350 -800 calories per day. I am a female, 26 years old, 142 lbs and 5'7'' what should my calories be at. I am struggling to lose this last 10 lbs of FAT! Should I be counting in my exercise calories?? I eat 50% protein, 30% carbs, 20% fat about 6 days per week. Eating anywhere from 1500-1800 calories 5-6 days a week. It varies on how I am feeling. But I work out no less than 4 days a week. HELP!?
Alternate day fasting, up your fat intake, lower your protein: Don't eat for 24 hours (no exercise), followed by 24 hours of eating at maintenance (lifting followed by HIIT) with an emphasis on saturated fats. Rinse. Repeat.

Should take about 21 days to drop that last 10. Also, 50% protein is absurd unless you're trying to mass up and are taking AAS. Unless you're a power athlete, fat should be your primary macro during weight-loss and for maintenance. Most of that protein is just being converted to glucose, which is what happens when your protein intake significantly exceeds need.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to politely disagree with this. Female hormones make IF a bit trickier than it does for us guys. I don't think alternating 24 hour fast periods is a good idea for you OP.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to politely disagree with this. Female hormones make IF a bit trickier than it does for us guys. I don't think alternating 24 hour fast periods is a good idea for you OP.
Reference and/or explanation? And please define "trickier"

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Also if she's having issues with hunger cravings now having her trying to go alternating days without eating could turn into a eating disorder real quick

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
These articles describe studies which found negative endocrine effects from long-term intermittent fasting regimens in females and/or fasting regimens that resulted in bodyweight reductions that would classify the subjects as "underweight." They're not relevant to the short-term duration fasting regimen that I have recommended to the OP.

However, if the OP doesn't wish to undertake intermittent fasting, then my other suggestion of reducing protein and increasing fat would probably help tremendously, albeit over a longer time frame.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
and, like I said, if she's already having hunger issues I think attempts at fasting, even short term will not be good for her psychologically.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Also if she's having issues with hunger cravings now having her trying to go alternating days without eating could turn into a eating disorder real quick
1. She's having issues with hunger because her fat intake is absurdly low.
2. Show me a single published study where intermittent fasting predisposes a person to an eating disorder. All evidence, in fact, suggests that by normalizing insulin signalling, leptin, and ghrelin, the opposite is actually true.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
You're right, I think her starving herself every other day is definitely the way to go.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
You're right, I think her starving herself every other day is definitely the way to go.
Starvation is defined as the breakdown of lean tissue in the absence of adequate fat reserves. Fasting is abstaining from eating while having sufficient fat reserves to meet daily caloric needs. Do you see the difference? Yes? Good.

If you're going to be sarcastic, then I'm going to call you out on your ignorance.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Diction definition of Starve as transient verb: to deprive of nourishment

No ignorance here.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
I normally fast from 7pm-9pm each day and thats long enough for me. I dont think I could ever fast all day. Should I learn more towards a keto diet? And if so for how long? Carbs at dinner since i eat too much protein already (180g a day normally) ? I have seen many forums on Epitome can I take with my current stack?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
Diction definition of Starve as transient verb: to deprive of nourishment

No ignorance here.

Fasting and starvation are two distinct terms in medicine and biomedical research. Have you ever taken a fasted blood test? Have you ever been instructed to fast before a procedure? Do you see that the word starve, starving, starved, or starvation aren't ever used in this context? Do you now understand why? Do you see that there is a difference between fasting and starvation?

And perhaps next time don't look to a language dictionary to define a medical term.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Want me to try to estimate your macros?

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
I normally fast from 7pm-9pm each day and thats long enough for me. I dont think I could ever fast all day. Should I learn more towards a keto diet? And if so for how long? Carbs at dinner since i eat too much protein already (180g a day normally) ? I have seen many forums on Epitome can I take with my current stack?
7 PM to 9 PM? Is this a typo?

You could fast all day if you raised your fat intake and lowered protein on your non-fasting days, and supplemented with l-theanine 200 mg TID on fasting days. The fact that you have such a hard time not eating tells me that your blood sugar is extremely unstable.

If you went keto for a week, fasting for 24 hour periods would be a breeze. You're carb-addicted.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Sure on Macros! And yes 7pm to 9am!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Here is a generic plan for 1500 cals, you can tweak it based on your results if you try it for a week.

Attachments

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
"fats have an effect on satiety and appear to regulate appetite through several mechanisms including the release of appetite hormones and inhibition of gastric emptying and intestinal transit." - Fat Detection: Taste, Texture, and Post Ingestive Effects. Montmayeur JP, le Coutre J, editors. Boca Raton (FL): CRC Press/Taylor & Francis; 2010.

"In conclusion, a carbohydrate meal induces higher postprandial leptin levels than an isoenergetic fat meal." -Am J Physiol. 1999 Nov;277(5 Pt 1):E855-61.

Calories 1500

Fat* 83 g (50%)
Protein 113 g (30%)
Carbohydrates 75 g (20%)

* Fat should be from animal sources, especially butter and cheese, coconut oil, nuts, unrefined EVOO, avoiding all refined vegetable oils and hydrogenated oils

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Can I do peanut butter??

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yes and jif natty peanut butter is delicious .

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
olive oil is good too, like when I was cutting I made chicken salads with olive oil and vinegar mixed as dressing, very tasty.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
thank you for the advice. So can I use exercise if I go over calories in a day......? Do extra cardio/HIIT even the next day? I am in weddings this summer, have vacations, family parties in where its very hard to restrict intake for the day. Also how long should I adjust calories to see if its working.. about a month?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would try your best to fit the calories from your meals into that 1500 calorie limit on those occasions and just forget about trying to meet the macros. There is an old saying you can't out train a bad diet, and if you do hours and hours of cardio to try to compensate overeating you will just slow your metabolism and burn off muscle anyways.

Spurfy

Awards
  • Established
There is an old saying you can't out train a bad diet, and if you do hours and hours of cardio to try to compensate overeating you will just slow your metabolism and burn off muscle anyways.
This.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
OK and should I be looking at a certain number of calories on a weekly basis or daily and try to get close say if I do go over on calories in a day. OR try to meet the 1500 calories each day for example this Saturday I have a wedding and say i do 2000 calories in a day but then can I do 1000 the next day to "make-up" or not recommended?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
OK and should I be looking at a certain number of calories on a weekly basis or daily and try to get close say if I do go over on calories in a day. OR try to meet the 1500 calories each day for example this Saturday I have a wedding and say i do 2000 calories in a day but then can I do 1000 the next day to "make-up" or not recommended?
I personally either reduce calories (lower carb intake) over say 4 or 5 days or I would just add 5 miles of walking over a few days (more for you at lower body weight) or a mixture of both so my average over the course of the week equals my daily target.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Aim for 1500 a day(regardless of how many calories a day you believe to have burned during exercise) and see if the scale keeps dropping. You can try to zig zag calories like that. I do it from time to time but it&s better not to make a habit of it and continuously trying to make up for yesterday's intake. Just remember you're only human, a slip up here or that won't kill you.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
How often should I be weighing myself? Once a month and do this for 3 months would that be sufficient time to see if its working?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
About once a week and if you haven't lost at least a pound in 2 weeks subtract 100-200 calories if you're losing more than 4 pounds in two weeks add maybe 100 calories back on

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
So as long as my weekly calories - exercise calories = calorie deficit then I should still see progress?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yep, that's the long or the short of it. Getting shredded is a marathon not a sprint!

ToughMech

Awards
I would try to concentrate on quality of food and not going overboard with exercising or getting calories too low. I am a female 27 and 137 lbs and my maintenance calories are around 2158 which is around 200 carbsish, 60 grams of fat, and 165ish protein. I have good luck with my maintenance calories on certain programs. I am in the most deficit now that I will ever be in which is 115 carbs keeping protein and fat the same. I always keep sugar under 20 grams including fruit and count carbs from veggies. When I do go into a deceit I do it very slowly and only cut the carbs.

I think anything under 1500 is too low and could hurt yourself in the long run. Doing HIIT is awesome a few times a week as an extra workout, I do it myself however I don't do it fasted or my lifting fasted. If you want to do fasted I would only recommend low impact cardio like the treadmill. You don't want to sacrifice muscle. You also cannot makeup for a bad diet by cutting more then next day that also hurts yourself. Makes sure your diet is on point and track it and make sure your giving your workouts 100%. Being consistent is key.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I heard about the low impact if i do it fasted but have heard both sides. I am really looking for fat loss for the next 2 months and I am wondering if HIIT is the best and then switch to LISS once I have lost that fat? Suggestions? So if I eat between 1500-1700 that would be a good day or should I pinpoint my calories to 1500 or 1550. I count everything in myfitnesspal and dont eat much sugar is never above 20 on my good days :)

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Stick between 1500-1700, HIIT cardio 12-20 minutes 3-5 times a week AFTER weight training, if you do LISS do it right after waking 30-60 minutes depending on how much time you can dedicate to that and just use the scale and mirror to track progress. If you can still burn off fat at 1700 calories a day then you're doing great. If you're stalling after 2 weeks drop it down 100-200 calories a day.

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
Will keep you posted in a months progress!

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
You got this! Easiest way to track true progress is the way your clothes fit and a good ol tape measure around the waist.