High carb macro

xanderjd

Awards
I'm currently 235 (rounded up from 232).

Most calculators puts my carb macro in the 300g range. Seems like quite a few carbs when aiming for fat loss.

Any inputs?

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Based on your weight I would aim for between 280 and 305g of protein (body weight x 1.2 to 1.3) or 1.5g of lean body mass if you know your body fat %, fats I would aim for 90-100g (0.4g per lb of body weight) and then the balance of your calories from carbs assuming your caloric intake is higher than 2000 kcals per day of course.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Based on your weight I would aim for between 280 and 305g of protein (body weight x 1.2 to 1.3) or 1.5g of lean body mass if you know your body fat %, fats I would aim for 90-100g (0.4g per lb of body weight) and then the balance of your calories from carbs assuming your caloric intake is higher than 2000 kcals per day of course.
This right here man!

The thing with carbs is while the calculator states one thing you body might only want another. Play around with all your carbs and find your sweet spot!!!!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently 235 (rounded up from 232).

Most calculators puts my carb macro in the 300g range. Seems like quite a few carbs when aiming for fat loss.

Any inputs?
Lower carbs does not equal fat loss. A caloric deficit is all that is needed. You may want to time your carbs around training, but even that is debatable. Everyone is different. some respond better to higher carbs and others with lower carbs, in terms of body composition. Use what the calculator suggests and go from there.