Ideal bf% for AAS?

xanderjd

Awards
I'm not on any AAS, but do read about it and know people using as well.

Every other thread on every other forum says anything above 13% big is too high or to focus on diet and training..blah, blah, blah.

My bf% is high and I am focusing on training and diet, however, I have seen people around that 18% range who got amazing results. They are not lean, but definitely got good results.

Why is the standard always set around 10-13% before starting AAS? For me personally, If I got down to that range, what would be the point of using anything?

I'm down to 220 from 260. Don't know my body fat as of yet. But will continue to tweak the diet and train hard.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Main reasoning in my opinion is if you can't get to 13% through diet and exercise you have not learned proper nutrition or training strategies. So steroids long term would not give you the permanent results you want. Of course short term you would get results but once you come off you would most likely go back to where you were since you have not learned how to train/eat prior.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Why is the standard always set around 10-13% before starting AAS? For me personally, If I got down to that range, what would be the point of using anything?
You don't have to start at that bodyfat, but like mase1 said, if you don't have the proper nutrition what would actual be the point of taking AAS? Maintaining your gains post cycle is the hardest part of one. The point of AAS is to push past your natty potential.

xanderjd

Awards
I don't prepare my own meals which is the hardest part. It's a cafeteria style..like Serling at a military dining hall.

While I could probably lose 20 more lbs eating correctly, I'm thinking about intermittent fasting because the morning meals are atrocious.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just keep doing the best you can,that's all you can do. No matter what with working out you will never be happy where you are. Once you get to your goal you always want to raise the bar, vicious cycle.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the biggest reason is that with increased bf%, natural hormonal issues begin to develop. test goes down, estro can go up, etc etc. You're already in a poor hormonal enviroment and adding in a hormonal compound will only make potential sides worse, more prevalent, and recovery more difficult.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
I don't prepare my own meals which is the hardest part. It's a cafeteria style..like Serling at a military dining hall.

While I could probably lose 20 more lbs eating correctly, I'm thinking about intermittent fasting because the morning meals are atrocious.
IF will definitely help cut down calories while maintaining some satiety. It can be tough if you can't control your food source. But little tweaks done consistently can go a long way.

xanderjd

Awards
Question:

Anyone know the approximate serving size of a large buffet spoon?

Like the ones used at all-you-can eat places?

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would say at least 1/2 cup to a full cup, go full cup, err on the side of caution.