How to lose belly fat?

nate321

nate321

Awards
I'm a 19 year old male weigh about 185 and approximately 15% body fat. I'm currently on a pretty strict diet not cheat meal throughout the week. I do a hard cardio workout. I just got done bulking and cannot lose belly fat no matter how hard I train.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At 15% you simply need to just lose more fat overall. In men, the belly is more times than not the last place to go.

And add weights to your "hard cardio workout".

nate321

nate321

Awards
I normally do cardio after I lift. If I lowered the weight and did faster higher reps would that help? I am following the same diet as my lifting buddies who are 8-10% so I know it works. Once I hit 10% how do I get to 7%? From what I'm told that's a hard barrier to break.

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
Try a ketogenic diet, supplement with PPARs and yohimbine, maybe some forskolin.. Lighter weight/high reps won't help; it'll just make you a *****. Try carb cycling. Stop cardio for a while and hit the weights hard. Then add HIIT... Just change it up and confuse your body man. And be patient!

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I normally do cardio after I lift. If I lowered the weight and did faster higher reps would that help? I am following the same diet as my lifting buddies who are 8-10% so I know it works. Once I hit 10% how do I get to 7%? From what I'm told that's a hard barrier to break.
It would absolutely not help if you went with higher reps, so as long as you aren't lifting in the 1-2 rep range. And we're talking about compound lifts here, not single joint isolation accessories, you can throw some high rep (15-25) work in on those. You say you are "following the same diet as your lifting buddies so I know it works". Are you similar in height, weight, tdee levels, muscle mass levels? All of these things are a few of the various reasons to why this perfect diet may not be what you need to continue with fat loss at this current time. Also, I'd personally look into your training program, thats often the biggest problem.

As far as your other question...I've only been 10% for, maybe, a year total in my life. Back when I played ball in college and had to keep my weight at 200-205. Never had a reason to or desire to go lower than that. Im now 250, ~15%, but also have +504 on my big 3 total since then (2.5 years ago)...so probably worth it.

I just wanna ask, why exactly do you desire to get to 7%? Have you been reading your Men's Fitness?

http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/the-7-body-fat-diet

nate321

nate321

Awards
Lol my role models is Larry scoot and steve Reeves and want to look like them lmao I've been into body building since 6th grade and never had belly fat. I had multiple surgeries and I gained a lot of weight

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha no worries, John Meadows is the man. I actually like the diet for the most part. I'd personally get sick of those foods, but i like the idea. Thats pretty much what i used to do but in combination with IF (that part isn't necessary - lets not turn this into a thread about that lol there are plenty). Higher carbs and calories - primarily periworkout - on training days and lower carbs with lower cals on off days. When i quit training for strength performance ill go back to that form of eating without a doubt.

what I'd do, if i were you, is use the same foods he has listed there, calculate the macro percentages, find out your tdee, then apply those macro percentages to your tdee. Then fill in the food choices.

I didnt look at the training program except for the cardio part. Id lower that cardio and start at 15-20 mins, but thats just cuz id personally rather manipulate by diet than cardio.

nate321

nate321

Awards
**** man I already make a lot of that sort of stuff. That's awesome. I guess where I run into trouble is I work a 3pm-3am job and don't have time to eat 3 meals a day. Only one. I normally eat eggs for breakfast a salad before I go to work then chicken or fish for supper. Would sardines make a great healthy snack? What are some quick snacks I can eat really really quick? I normally eat a banana or two sometimes an orange or Apple some sort of fruit. I eat almost 0 carbs. I haven't eaten any pasta in months and haven't ate a slice of bread in ages. Thanks for the advice man lol

nate321

nate321

Awards
Plus I have a hard time being patient I always wanna see results now now now XD

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
**** man I already make a lot of that sort of stuff. That's awesome. I guess where I run into trouble is I work a 3pm-3am job and don't have time to eat 3 meals a day. Only one. I normally eat eggs for breakfast a salad before I go to work then chicken or fish for supper. Would sardines make a great healthy snack? What are some quick snacks I can eat really really quick? I normally eat a banana or two sometimes an orange or Apple some sort of fruit. I eat almost 0 carbs. I haven't eaten any pasta in months and haven't ate a slice of bread in ages. Thanks for the advice man lol
I eat a can of sardines for lunch every day, usually with a leftover complex carb like lentils or quinoa. Try the King Oscar sardines in oil and Jalapeño.

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Purchase some Evomuse Products for belly fat,and wear a waist trimmer belt..

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Belly fat is the last to go, keep calories as high as possible while still losing weight, yohimbe and caffeine or EC stack (if your ticker is healthy) as you get closer to single digit body fat. At 15% you got a ways to go until lower belly fat starts to burn, blah blah blah...

Just have patience brother it's always this way with the gut flubber lol

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
How come in your other thread you say you're 195 at 20-23% bodyfat? If you're actually eating 1000 calories a day for 2 months (other thread) and not losing any fat than there's something very wrong with your body or you're way off on your estimations. 2 bananas, an orange or an apple is far from 0 carbs. I suspect proper nutrition is the culprit here.

JG93

JG93

Awards
No excuses.
They stink just like *******s.

I spent and still do many hours on an oil rig 14+ a day.
I still get my meals in, I still get to the gym.
It isn't about the I can't, it's the I want.
If you want it, you can have it.

Don't target fat; work on all around loss.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm a 19 year old male weigh about 185 and approximately 15% body fat. I'm currently on a pretty strict diet not cheat meal throughout the week. I do a hard cardio workout. I just got done bulking and cannot lose belly fat no matter how hard I train.
How's your dbol and test e going with your belly fat issues? I would imagine if your dad bought you dbol since 7th grade you'd be baby Arnold by now

michael01

Awards
Flat Tummy Water

Hey Nate,

Would suggest you try out this drink that goes by the name of Flat tummy water and is meant for this very situation specifically. It can be easily made at home. It is full of nutritious ingredients and benefits other than weight loss.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Hey Nate,

Would suggest you try out this drink that goes by the name of Flat tummy water and is meant for this very situation specifically. It can be easily made at home. It is full of nutritious ingredients and benefits other than weight loss.
But does it flush out toxins? ???

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Coffee Choline Carnitine

The choline advantage: One thing that clearly argues in favor of eggs, though, is that they are one of the best dietary sources of choline which is essential for your metabolic and cardiovascular health and a typical deficiency nutrient in "no egg"-diets (learn more). Furthermore, choline has been shown to promote fat loss when consumed in conjunction with caffeine and carnitine (see "Forgotten Dieting Aids") and stand-alone when it's taken during contest prep dieting (see "2g Choline Double Fat Loss").

http://suppversity.blogspot.com/2017/05/lose-11-body-fat-in-8-weeks-wout.html

Xakliva

Awards
Consuming green tea should help because of its themogenic action.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
No amount of PPAR, beta blockers can help you if your still eating over maintenance. You need to be on point with nutrition. You weekly average has to be about 250-500 below maintenance(depending on how aggressive you are with this cut). I'm cutting now and I find that eating my carbs for the day around my workouts helps.. also I do weekly totals of all macros to help and track. Otherwise you are just eating to eat and guessing. Good luck man.You got this.

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
this thread is a year old. Not sure why michael01 revived it with a post about flat tummy tea.

Manko Oyaji

Awards
Sorry first day back.. I'm trying to stay committed to my cut. I figure if I keep myself accountable... this will help me. I always fail and quit. But if I can do a log... here we go.. back on the train!