Trying to get Lean

Triton Power

Triton Power

Awards
Hey AM so I have been for a long time trying to get lean and I mean I want like 7% bf. So I was just wondering if you guys have diet/training/cardio/supplement advice that would help. A little more about me I'm 23 6'1 about 205lbs 13-15% bf not actually sure all I can say is I have a flat stomach but just enough fat where my abs are barely visible. Also Im semi active and say maintenance lvl for calories is aroung 2400-2600. My goal os t get really lean but keep as much muscle as possible. Im not looking for a quick fix just an effective strategy.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Overall it will boil down to your diet and training. You can adjust your calories and macros for your specific goal of cutting. There are online calculators that will do this breakdown for you. Being consistent with this and maybe throwing in a good fat burner will help. You could add a natural anabolic to help you hold on to some muscle mass as well. You may look into follidrone 2.0. There are some logs on it right now in the supplement section.

Triton Power

Triton Power

Awards
Being consistent with this and maybe throwing in a good fat burner will help.
OK so I heard a good fat burner is an ECA stack caffeine and aspirin 81mg are easy enough to get but I heard if the ephedra is garbage the eca stack is useless. So do you know where to get good ephedra and how to dose an eca stack

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
OK so I heard a good fat burner is an ECA stack caffeine and aspirin 81mg are easy enough to get but I heard if the ephedra is garbage the eca stack is useless. So do you know where to get good ephedra and how to dose an eca stack
"Bronkaid" over the counter at almost any pharmacy. 25mg a pill.
25mg ephedra
200mg caf
81mg baby aspirin.

castIron09

castIron09

Awards
And if you're going to try the ECA I suggest starting with twice a day ,work your way up to 3x a day unless you're use to stims.

Triton Power

Triton Power

Awards
I handle stims pretty well but I'll still start at 2 a day. And how should I cycle ECA

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
"Bronkaid" over the counter at almost any pharmacy. 25mg a pill.
25mg ephedra
200mg caf
81mg baby aspirin.
What about Ephedrine in UK. is there high chance of it being seized on importation.

speclk19

Awards
You don't need the aspirin. It's mostly ineffective if you're not definitively obese. Just stick w/EC dosed 4 hours apart.

When your bf% gets close to 10% throw in some Yohimbine with just caffeine before fasted cardio to hit the lower stomach/love handle stubborn fat.

Triton Power

Triton Power

Awards
When your bf% gets close to 10% throw in some Yohimbine with just caffeine before fasted cardio to hit the lower stomach/love handle stubborn fat.
Ok so do yohimbine instead of Ephedra? How much Yohimbine where is a good source for quality yohimbine and would I just do yohimbine pre workput and then the 2 other times a day I'd do ephedra?

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agree with EC Stack......are you doing fasted cardio? 20-30 mins in the morning will help amp up the metabolism....

speclk19

Awards
Ok so do yohimbine instead of Ephedra? How much Yohimbine where is a good source for quality yohimbine and would I just do yohimbine pre workput and then the 2 other times a day I'd do ephedra?
Yes. Don't mix Yohimbine with Ephedra. You'll feel terrible and it doesn't lead to better results. When your bf% gets lower take the Yohimbine plus caffeine before fasted cardio (the presence of any insulin renders the Yohimbine completely ineffective). For the remainder of the day you can then still take the ephedra plus caffeine. I buy my Yohimbine HCL (by Primaforce) off of Amazon. The below Q & A is from Lyle McDonald:

Q: What's the effective dose of yohimbine?

A: 0.2 mg/kg bodyweight taken with caffeine 30-60 minutes before fasted cardio. So a 70 kg (154 lb) individual would take 14 mg. Since the pills are only available in 2.5 mg doses, the individuals would take 6 of them, getting 15 mg total.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine + caffeine +fasted cardio/training will get you shredded. To hold on to muscle take 3-5 grams HMB before any fasted exercise and try to make a fruit+protein smoothie within 1.5 hours post training.

Also you can try lean gains/IF. Having all your food within an 8 hour window. I've had luck with that. Best way to keep muscle is to diet smart. Don't go crazy with cardio and keep protein high AF!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
OK thank you for all the info guys
Yohimbine+caffeine for fasted cardio is a great stack to get you lean. However, some people experience side effects from yohimbine including anxiety, dizziness, and water retention. I would experiment with yohimbine and see how it works, but if you are noticing some sides you could try out alpha-yohimbine (rauwloscine), which some users find to be more effective and cause less side effects. Its a little more expensive than standard yohimbine, but its worth it IMO. Check out Performax Labs TA-2 Max if you're interested. I would also suggest starting with about half the recommended dose of what you'd be taking with regular yohimbine when dosing alpha-yohimbine.

Vikingbro

Vikingbro

Awards
  • Established
John, following the above protocol about dosing for body weight, would this be the same for Performax labs TA2 max?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt ign1te have rauwloscine, i find i get real clean energy and great appetite suppression from my sample today.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
John, following the above protocol about dosing for body weight, would this be the same for Performax labs TA2 max?
As always with yohimbine or alpha-y, I would start with a low dose and work your way up. Even when using regular yohimbine, I wouldn't suggest starting right at 0.2mg/kg body weight. My general sweet spot for TA-2 Max is about half what I take of regular yohimbine.

So for me, at 190 pounds, the formula says I would be taking 17mg of regular yohimbine. If you've never used yohimbine, I would start at 2 caps (usually about 5mg of yohimbine) and work your way up till I reached 15-20mg. With TA-2, I would do about half of that, starting with 1 cap (which is 3mg) and work my way up from there.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt ign1te have rauwloscine, i find i get real clean energy and great appetite suppression from my sample today.
Yes, Ignit3 does contain rauwloscine. However, its in a prop blend, so its hard to know how much you're getting per serving. Any reps care to shed some light on that prop blend? :)

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yohimbine + caffeine +fasted cardio/training will get you shredded. To hold on to muscle take 3-5 grams HMB before any fasted exercise and try to make a fruit+protein smoothie within 1.5 hours post training.

Also you can try lean gains/IF. Having all your food within an 8 hour window. I've had luck with that. Best way to keep muscle is to diet smart. Don't go crazy with cardio and keep protein high AF!
Excellent info but personally a little skeptical about HMB......EAS put it on the map 20 yrs ago, it disappeared then Muscle Tech brought it back. I think from a financial standpoint, better alternatives...just my 2 cents...

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Well either way HMB/Glutamine/BCAAs will be good for holding onto a little muscle, not like a PH/AAS would.