Lost quite a bit of weight (60 pounds), question about loose skin

dredmentia

Awards
I'm posting my picture of my weight loss progress over the last year , 60 pounds. Also gained quite a bit of strength and muscle, but possibly lost a bit of muscle in the last 2 months as I got closer to 200 pounds .

Anyway my question is , I feel like even with all the weight I have lost I don't really see the definition I want, is this possibly due to an excess of loose skin? I've posted some pictures

Attachments

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
Congrats on the weight loss!

You will get more definition if you continue to cut and reduce your bodyfat further.

Great progress so far though! Keep at it!

dredmentia

Awards
Pehaps the loss of definition is from losing a bit to much muscle ? In kinda scared of going under 200 pounds because I feel at that point I will be losing more muscle than fat

mbell4377

mbell4377

Awards
If your bf% gets low enough you'll start getting defined, your still at a relatively high %. Great job at dropping the 60lbs! Awesome work, keep it up!

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Just keep on chipping away. I lost 230lbs and saw most of a six pack at 180lbs (56" waist to 32" waist). I did get the loose skin hanging under the lower Abs removed. Widen those lats and work on lengthening your body and it will come. Hard roll the obliques and stomach and bust that **** up brother.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight loss! If the weight loss is not to fast, and you stay WELL hydrated, in most cases loose skin shouldn't be a problem.
Good job!

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Nice work man!!! Keep it up, I think you're right on that verge where you are going to start seeing some definition

mickc1965

mickc1965

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the weight loss, how tall are you?

mmorso

mmorso

Awards
  • Established
I've lost 55 lbs of fat this past year and have been reading up on the loose skin issue. From what I've read, if your skin has been stretched for a long period of time, you have to get into really low bf % (8-10%) to encourage the skin to tighten. Also, can't loose too much weight too fast...

I will try and cut 10 lbs of fat over a 10-12 week period while trying to add slight LBM at the same time. By keeping cals around 300kcal deficit, I've made some strength gains and leaned out but it's definitely a slow process. I stop cutting every 8-10 lbs and let myself plateau for a couple months and just hit the iron hard and eat maintenance cals. I also adjust my training and sups when I do this, lifting fasted in the am. I've gotten great results taking yohimbine and Hmb in the am when training fasted. I recently added Follidrone which I suggest you look into... It's great for body recomp... Good luck brother

dredmentia

Awards
Congrats on the weight loss, how tall are you?

Nice work man!!! Keep it up, I think you're right on that verge where you are going to start seeing some definition
Thanks guys, and to answer your question, I am 5'10

I have an honest question though, obviously the biggest difference is in the picture from a year ago, where I lost quite a bit of body fat

However, the pictures from 235 and 205 pounds I can't help but think I did loose quite a bit of muscle

My strength is still up and my endurance is way up from December, but I feel as though I definitely lost some muscle size . when I do finally get to the body fat % I want to, I am going to slowly bulk again and pay very careful attention to Macros etc

Also, I have obtained quite a bit of this weight loss with Intermittent fasting.

The IF is brutal as hell though , I work from 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday, what I've been doing is not even eating breakfast, but going right to work not eating till 12pm (except a cup of coffee) , then, eating my last meal at 6pm (or 7 or 8pm on weight lifting days) , combined with 50 mins of cardio a day (I ride my bike to and from work)

I'm looking forward to bulking where I will be eating small high protein meals through out the day, as this IF is pretty tough to stick to

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
Congrats on the weight loss brother! Lost 90 myself over the last 2 years. 305 to 215. Bulked back up to about 250 now with the same %. Anyway.. I would love it if you ate before work lol. Get up a little earlier (sacrifice gets you places) and eat just a little something. You've been in bed for awhile fasting, the last thing you want is to not eat and start to slightly go catabolic. Overall though, awesome! And again congrats. Feels good