Is this stack too much?

exrugger

Awards
Hello everyone,

Just picked up alphamine (previously was just on various preworkouts). Was thinking of stacking 25 mg ephedrine twice per day with each scoop and then tossing in erase pro. I am stim tolerant but is this too much/unsafe? I'm used to taking 200 - 400 mg caffeine via preworkout and coffee through the long workday.

Background: used to be pretty jacked (about a year ago 208, 13% bf), hurt my back and lifting and diet went down the tubes for a few months (prior to hurting back was 212 and prob 14-15% ). Now want to lose weight, strengthen the core and get back to hitting big numbers in the gym. First I need to drop some of this weight though, plus summer is around the corner. I dropped almost 10 lbs just with diet/cardio but not gonna lie, I have issues and usually throw in a hefty cheat day where I really splurge (like 3500-4000 calories). Otherwise I'm hitting right around 2000 a day plus exercise, current weight is 222 and would like to get to 195-200 12% or less bf. I don't count macros but do count calories and get a majority of my calories from oatmeal, chicken, steak, turkey, yogurt, beans, veggies and quinoa (except cheat days which include beer, ice cream, whatever no limits - trying to work on this big time and limit to a cheat meal rather then day). Anyhow, does the stack seem solid and safe enough to add to my routine? Been doing this for a long time but no supplements other then a preworkout for at least 1-2 years so just gathering insight from the AM community.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently doing one scoop alphamine and 12.5 E twice a day and its fine. Wouldn't say I have a high stim tolerance and have had no sides, actually just feel really great. Hope that helps, if you are worried, you could work your way up with maybe 12.5 E or half-2/3 scoop of alphamine to start.

exrugger

Awards
I like the idea of trying 12.5mg to assess tolerance- think I'll give this a shot, thanks!

exrugger

Awards
Bumped up to 25 mg 3x per day plus 3 scoops of alphamine per day, very tolerable but my hunger is shot I literally am making myself eat sometimes. When should I toss in the erase pro? I was thinking once I start to plateau? But maybe I should be taking it now for muscle preservation- thoughts?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Alphamine has HICA in it which will go a ways toward keeping your muscle. There's also been some discussion as to whether or not ephedrine is anti-catabolic. I don't know about that, but it's an interesting subject to Google.

I know you said you don't count your macros, but making sure you get .8-1g of protein per lb of lean body mass is your best bet against catabolism.

exrugger

Awards
Thanks I do try to get most of my calories from protein- good to know about the muscle preservation effects of alphamine and ephedrine. I think I'll wait until I plateau to tap the erase pro.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Bumped up to 25 mg 3x per day plus 3 scoops of alphamine per day, very tolerable but my hunger is shot I literally am making myself eat sometimes. When should I toss in the erase pro? I was thinking once I start to plateau? But maybe I should be taking it now for muscle preservation- thoughts?
Damn, 3 scoops, all at once or what? Did you get ur ephedrine from Walmart or where?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Walmart does have it but if you got a Walgreens around, it's cheaper

exrugger

Awards
Damn, 3 scoops, all at once or what? Did you get ur ephedrine from Walmart or where?
5am: 1 scoop + 25 mg ephedrine via bronkaid (obtained at rite aid) + gym (usually cardio 15 min)

12pm: 1 scoop + 25 mg ephedrine

5-7pm: 1 scoop + 25 mg ephedrine + gym weights and 20 min cardio

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow! How do you dose that at night and sleep later?

Maybe it's age but late day stims hit me harder than they used to...

exrugger

Awards
I work long hours and usually when I'm not working I'm lifting so usually the caffeine at night is the only thing keeping me awake lol I sell to hospitals so it's a 24/7 on call kind of job

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I work long hours and usually when I'm not working I'm lifting so usually the caffeine at night is the only thing keeping me awake lol I sell to hospitals so it's a 24/7 on call kind of job
Daamn, still sounds like alot..pharma, Medical Devices or???

exrugger

Awards
Medical device, usually in the ICU hence the on call part.

Thinking of tossing in an extra 100 mg of caffeine with each dose so I can get the 200mg caffeine at each dose as alphamine only has approximately 100-125mg. Will let you guys know how it goes!

exrugger

Awards
So far so good, hell of a difference with that extra 100mg caffeine with each dose in terms of energy. We will see if this translates to accelerated fat loss as well :)

exrugger

Awards
Sidenote: I feel like my heart rate gets jacked up much more during cardio. I may split up my cardio into two sessions a day or pre/post workout to compensate. Also eating enough calories is becoming a challenge- may need to pick up a decent protein powder to assist.

exrugger

Awards
Just tweaked my macros as I noticed even with the stack and calorie restriction I was starting to plateau. Doing 40p/30f/30c for past two days, we shall see how it works out.