Cardio before or after breakfast.

JerryCool17

Awards
Ok everyone knows about doin cardio before breakfast is the best scenario, but iv heard and read it's not the best because you can't put a lot of effort evacuee of being so tiered and stomach cramps. So if you eat about 30 mins before cardio think that would be ok? To get some fuel and be awake. And it could burn those carbs up and stuff. What do you guys think? What do you guys do? I am a big guy 286 wanting to he down to 255 roughly. Any tips.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Ok everyone knows about doin cardio before breakfast is the best scenario, but iv heard and read it's not the best because you can't put a lot of effort evacuee of being so tiered and stomach cramps. So if you eat about 30 mins before cardio think that would be ok? To get some fuel and be awake. And it could burn those carbs up and stuff. What do you guys think? What do you guys do? I am a big guy 286 wanting to he down to 255 roughly. Any tips.
Depends what kind of cardio i.e. Walking on treadmill vs high intensity intervals

You could try intracardio breakfast, sometimes when I'm in a time crunch I just grab an egg mc muffin and eat it while I'm doing cardio

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It just depends on the person. I would say yes eat before cardio because for me i can't do anything without alittle something in my stomach in the mornings. Sometimes if i;m on a strict cut i will take in an amino drink before cardio and that will fill me up enough but other times i need some whole food.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I tried fasted...I can't make it work either ...just feel fragile and unhealthy when I try

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i used to just have a protein shake before cardio in the morning with some coffee
and that always worked for me.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I like to do cardio in a fasted state prior to breakfast

BUT some people like to get a small breakfast in them and then do cardio. All depends on ones goals

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Doing cardio after a small breakfast would be fine. Low intensity fasted cardio is a very debated topic anyway, so doing your cardio after you eat is fine.

bradray5871

Awards
Man, i love to do something like t-25 or p90x first thing in the morning before food. Fat burning is unreal on an over night fast

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It doesn't matter. Total expenditure at the end of the day is all that matters.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally like fasted cardio. I just have a clean, light on my feet feeling when I do it. I'll have a high protein bedtime snack the night before to make sure I have energy in the tank and maybe some BCAAs PWO. Just experiment while remaining in a calorie deficit throughout day and see what you like best.

exrugger

Awards
If you want to give fasted cardio a shot but have low energy, try a pre workout drink or cup of black coffee when you first wake up to get some energy. This always get me through it but I typically limit am cardio to 20 min or less- if I want to go again in the evening for another 20 min I'll do that but make sure your eating right and hitting weights as well to preserve muscle.