Am i loosing weight too fast?

skatr4u

Awards
So i just started intermittent fasting because im tired of not seeing my 6 pack. anyways i started 3 days ago with a 16 hr fast 8 hour feeding window eating 500 cals below maintenance. Also started mk-667 50mg 4 days ago and clen 60 mcg 3 days ago. Started at 172.8 and this morning i weighed in at 168!!! Just worried i might be loosing too fast and possible be loosing muscle!?!
What would you guys suggest? Up the cals +300? Thanks for any answers!

Whorecules

Awards
It's either water weight or you've miscalculated your maintenance/deficit.

Whorecules

Awards
When you start taking clen, what would be considered your maintenance has now increased. You're probably at higher than 500 cal deficit because of that as well.

Whorecules

Awards
Mk-667 is a gh secretagogue right? Metabolism probably got a big boost from that as well. Just roll with it. It'll slow down and if it doesn't, just taper your calories up 50 cal every so often until you hit a healthy rate of loss

skatr4u

Awards
Not sure its so much water weight as ive been on eating low carbs for a while. Forgot to mention ive been supplementing bcaas whilst training fasted. My maintnence according to the bmr calculator on bodybuilding.com is 1906

Whorecules

Awards
All food has the potential to make you hold some water. If you're weighing yourself at the end of an 18 hour fast in the morning then you're going to have less food and water in you no matter what. Since you just had 18 hours to digest it and what not.

skatr4u

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I must say ive been pretty impressed the past couple days. Every morning i look tighter and my abs are starting to show. Mind you its been 3 days!

Whorecules

Awards
IF can be a magical tool to both lose fat and not lose your mind while doing it. The first few weeks before you get used to it the first time can be killer though haha

skatr4u

Awards
Honestly im not struggling with if at all and this is my first time.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Intermittent fasting can also have an impact on your body weight depending on when you are doing your weigh-ins. The initial drop may be a partial reflection of the meal timing changes as well. I would increase calories a bit and see what happens over the next few days

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I wouldn't say that was too fast based upon what you are doing, my body reacts the same way. intermittent fasting can help curve some weight, but you will probably leval off soon. Personally, I would ditch the fasting, and just eat 6x a day (plus snacks). Your body needs fuel, while initial fasting may help, it's not a lifestyle that will sustain. Multiple meals is something you can maintain for life. It will feel like your eating to much at first, but it really works well.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't say that was too fast based upon what you are doing, my body reacts the same way. intermittent fasting can help curve some weight, but you will probably leval off soon. Personally, I would ditch the fasting, and just eat 6x a day (plus snacks). Your body needs fuel, while initial fasting may help, it's not a lifestyle that will sustain. Multiple meals is something you can maintain for life. It will feel like your eating to much at first, but it really works well.
I actually find IF much more sustainable than the old 6 small meals a day style.as for what is best you can find multiple studies backing both types up, so do whatever is best for you

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I actually find IF much more sustainable than the old 6 small meals a day style.as for what is best you can find multiple studies backing both types up, so do whatever is best for you
I'm sure only eating between 10-6 would be easy (or whatever time). And I would agree, there are studies on both sides. From my personal experience, this would not sustain my leval of activity. Between MTB, running, lifting, crossfit, (occasional rock climbing) I need constant fule.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
People act like the human body is so fragile. Even the leanest of people have plenty of stored fuel in the form of body fat to support a great deal of activity. But IF is great for people with big appetite. You just eat enough in your eating window

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Although I do agree. IF definitely isn't for everyone, some people don't react well to it

skatr4u

Awards
But IF is great for people with big appetite. You just eat enough in your eating window
This.
Thats why i like it already because i have a hyuge appetite i eat 2 massive meals in my 8 hr windows

dredmentia

Awards
I'm sure only eating between 10-6 would be easy (or whatever time). And I would agree, there are studies on both sides. From my personal experience, this would not sustain my leval of activity. Between MTB, running, lifting, crossfit, (occasional rock climbing) I need constant fule.
I've been doing 18/6 , only eating between noon and 6pm. Some days of course I extend the end to 7 or 8pm the latest ...it is very brutal but i have never been able to loose weight like this so easily before.

Around 10am I usually have a coffee with some half and half maybe 2 packets of sugar because I don't like artificial sweeteners. However this is only 60 calories or so, and does not break the fast according to some research I have read

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing 18/6 , only eating between noon and 6pm. Some days of course I extend the end to 7 or 8pm the latest ...it is very brutal but i have never been able to loose weight like this so easily before.

Around 10am I usually have a coffee with some half and half maybe 2 packets of sugar because I don't like artificial sweeteners. However this is only 60 calories or so, and does not break the fast according to some research I have read
What about the spiking of insulin, which would stop body from being in fat burning mode, i have stopped having BCAA's for am fasted cardio due to Leucine causing a rise in insulin levels blunting release of fat, and also having an effect on yohimbine.

dredmentia

Awards
What about the spiking of insulin, which would stop body from being in fat burning mode, i have stopped having BCAA's for am fasted cardio due to Leucine causing a rise in insulin levels blunting release of fat, and also having an effect on yohimbine.
I really don't think 2 packets of sugar after being fasted for close to 16 hours would cause a spike in insulin. Like I said my last meal is around 6pm 7pm latest. I get up at 6am ride my bike to work which is 30 minutes. Then 10am comes around I go on my break at work and have a coffee or ice tea with 2 packets of sugar I doubt the 30 calories in that is going to ruin the fast

skatr4u

Awards
Its probly not a big deal. Theres another variation i think called the warrior diet where in the morning u eat low cal micronutrients and the afternoonis when u feast

mantishugo

Awards
Do not haste your weight loss process. Different people take different time in showing up the positive results of the diet and exercise. I recommend that you should consider taking professional advise from dieticians.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I heard 50 calories is the sweet spot to break the fast. Personally I wouldn't use the sugar in the morning because the point of IF is to keep blood sugar low until after training. Also I've used 5g+ doses of HMB to attempt to hold onto muscle with fair (not steroid like) results when going to single digit body fat.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I heard 50 calories is the sweet spot to break the fast. Personally I wouldn't use the sugar in the morning because the point of IF is to keep blood sugar low until after training. Also I've used 5g+ doses of HMB to attempt to hold onto muscle with fair (not steroid like) results when going to single digit body fat.
I have even stopped BCAA's prior to my fasted HIIT sessions to keep insulin low and allow for Yohimbine to work.

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I have even stopped BCAA's prior to my fasted HIIT sessions to keep insulin low and allow for Yohimbine to work.
I would use HMB preworkout, shouldn't cause an insulin spike.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, and this will work well to prevent muscle catabolism

What brand is best,

E.g. to get in UK.

dredmentia

Awards
HMB works better than I glutamine to prevent muscle wasting when your in a deficit? I've never used it before

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
They both can work towards anti catabolism and recovery. I've just had good experiences with HMB so I can't provide any factual statement on if one out performs the other.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
I would say 4-5grams would be best and I always mix mine with powerade zero so i don't have to taste it lol

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
5G I would say is the high upper limit. 4 is probably optimal.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Ill probably use 8 - 10 500mg caps then to get dose.