diet advice for cutting

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I'm currently around 13% BF @6ft 198lbs (fluctuates down sometimes)

Trying to knock my body fat down to 7-8% before I start my June cycle.

Right now I've calculated my calories needed as 2600ish

Macros being 300g protein, 100g fats, 140g carbs

Just tryna see what you guys do to smash 300g of protein, when I first started working out I would eat everything in sight and it was 250g
Now my hunger is down and chicken breast x3 a day makes me nauseous just thinking about it

I am not on a budget, so if you guys could buy anything at the supermarket for protein. What would it be?

bradray5871

Awards
Salmon, nuts, avacado, jerky, lean turkey, lean beef, protein powder, protein milk just to name a few

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
No budget!?!? So jelly.

Research is showing that quality matters - go for grass fed beef, free range chicken, and wild caught salmon blessed by one arm organic free range Tibetan monks...

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I'm half tempted to just pay one of those pre-packed food prep companies.

What's everyone think about shrimp and crab meat? I live in Baltimore and there's a huge seafood market here

Mainly looking for stuff not too filling that I can knock back 60g of protein per meal with and not be bloated. Seafood is light so I'll go with some salmon, like the idea of ground turkey so I'll pick up some of that too.

I bloat bad on carbs, anything above like 20g in one serving. So how would you guys go about eating at least 100g a day

HardB0iled

HardB0iled

Awards
  • Established
Egg whites!!!! High-protein low-calorie staple. Tons and tons of egg whites

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
ground turkey, salmon, seafood are all good options. If I get sick of chicken breasts I will go with thighs but they have more fat in them so you would have to account for that but they taste better in my opinion.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ground turkey, salmon, seafood are all good options. If I get sick of chicken breasts I will go with thighs but they have more fat in them so you would have to account for that but they taste better in my opinion.
Well I need something new to get that protein intake in, gonna buy a lot of steak and ground turkey. Few lbs of lean ground beef wouldn't hurt either

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys so just bought lots of protein

Beef sirloin tips
Top sirloin cuts
Lean ground turkey
Chicken thighs
And lame chicken breast

Thoughts on an interesting way to season sirloin tips for little "poppers" at work?

How about the turkey? Never bought ground turkey before, what do you guys eat it with?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Ground turkey is pretty bland but if you use taco seasoning it's tolerable

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay this is the weight of each that I bought, have no idea how to structure this stuff. Guess I'll just eat each till their gone

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Since budget is not an issue and you enjoy seafood and fish I'd recommend adding more of it into your diet. I find fish helps me mix things up so I'm not growing sick of chicken & beef. I eat a lot of salmon and tuna but that doesn't even scratch the surface of your options with fish. I love shrimp too and have been eating a lot of it in my current cut.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!

Beef sirloin tips
Top sirloin cuts
Lean ground turkey
Chicken thighs
And lame chicken breast

Thoughts on an interesting way to season sirloin tips for little "poppers" at work?

How about the turkey? Never bought ground turkey before, what do you guys eat it with?
Make yourself some homemade bloody mary mix and marinate the steak for 24-48 hours then grill it up medium or less, you wont be sorry

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Make yourself some homemade bloody mary mix and marinate the steak for 24-48 hours then grill it up medium or less, you wont be sorry
Totally stealing this idea, that sounds phenomenal.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
netflixNchill sounds like you got yourself some serious meat! What are you current macros? That amount should last you a while, even if you're eating 300g a day haha

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Man I'm jealous of that no budget aspect. Good luck with your plan, looking forward to seeing progress

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Beef sirloin tips
Top sirloin cuts
Lean ground turkey
Chicken thighs
And lame chicken breast

Buy some Good Seasons Italian Dressing Packets. Mix with Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil.

Pour over sirloin tips & submerge them in dressing.

Let marinate in fridge overnight.

The vinegar will tenderize the beef and the Good Seasons will add the perfect blend of
seasoning to the steaks.

I've made this dozens of times for different friends, and everyone usually go always loves it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Buy some Good Seasons Italian Dressing Packets. Mix with Balsamic Vinegar & Olive Oil.

Pour over sirloin tips & submerge them in dressing.

Let marinate in fridge overnight.

The vinegar will tenderize the beef and the Good Seasons will add the perfect blend of
seasoning to the steaks.

I've made this dozens of times for different friends, and everyone usually go always loves it.
Italian Dressing is my go-to marinade for steak and chicken. Makes meat tender and delicious

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Italian Dressing is my go-to marinade for steak and chicken. Makes meat tender and delicious
The very first time i tried it on steak, was at a friends house 13 years ago and he was grilling
Filet Mignon steaks that he had marinated in Good Seasons Italian with Balsamic Vinegar
and it was the most tender, sweet tasting Filets I ever had. Its been my go to ever since..!

Coopster44

Coopster44

Awards
Don't forget marinara sauce. You can some very low sodium marinara that tastes great. Some of them don't really have much in them but tomatoes , onions, and peppers. Super good on chicken, I also mix a little bit with ground turkey or ground steak. Very clean just check the brands at your stores. Even better I buy no salt added crushed tomatoes and add fresh garlic, and onion, sauté in a little extra virgin olive oil and top off with basil. 1/2 cup has only 15mgs of sodium. I make 4 cups at a time. Clean as a whistle and good to go. Also wife makes a fresh salsa that's ridiculous over chicken or turkey. Chopped red onion, clove of garlic, chopped tomato, chopped cucumber, fresh cilantro, pepper, and fresh lime juice and dash of salt if able. That's not your high sodium salsa you buy. It's a pain to make so make a lot but again super clean and tastes amazing. My 02

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Made last night, 2lbs ground beef, 1egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4cup marinara, 1 onion, lots of diced garlic and basil n parsley to my liking. Sprayed some cupcake tins and made 12 meatballs outta it, 350 for 15 min then threw it in my sauce for 30 more. Was outta this world . Made 4 big post wo meals outta it. Some with rosted peppers some with pasta depends on my workout that day.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My fam owns a few restaurants (Italian) thinking bout making a recipe thread using the restaurant recipes tweaked to bodybuilding standards if anyone is interested. Thought it would make a good change of pace around here lol

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Made last night, 2lbs ground beef, 1egg, 1/4 cup bread crumbs, 1/4cup marinara, 1 onion, lots of diced garlic and basil n parsley to my liking. Sprayed some cupcake tins and made 12 meatballs outta it, 350 for 15 min then threw it in my sauce for 30 more. Was outta this world . Made 4 big post wo meals outta it. Some with rosted peppers some with pasta depends on my workout that day.
1\4cup milk almost forgot thats important

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
And dont forgot to drink some red wine while u cook thats also important lol

Coopster44

Coopster44

Awards
To funny that's the wife not me. No milk either as much as I love it. Strict strict for me right now. But good idea on the meatballs. I'm in. Minus the milk. Lol

Coopster44

Coopster44

Awards
I am going to make them over the wknd. With unsweetened almond milk. Lol Now we're talking. :yumyum:

mantishugo

Awards
You can include Avacado, Eggs (white part), milk, and Noni Juice. That's some of the things you should include in your diet.

bradray5871

Awards

Beef sirloin tips
Top sirloin cuts
Lean ground turkey
Chicken thighs
And lame chicken breast

Beef sirloin tips with egg noodles and some sort of taters, Sirloin cuts with peppers and onions, guacamole fixed as fajitas, ground turkey made with scrambled eggs and cheese, chicken grilled on a salad with fat free italian or raspberry vinegarette mixed with cottage cheese and good old chicken thighs baked with franks hot sauce or some sort of bbq sauce over a bed of rice seasoned to your taste