is green coffee bean extract (chlorogenic acid) working for anyone?

fartster

Awards
I like the clean stimulant it gives me. I would assume it felt thermogenic than just a cup of coffee. This is actually an extract of chlorogenic acid. Anyone here succeeded with burning fat with it? I'd prefer to burn belly fat but not wanting to "lose weight" per se. Someone told me losing fat while staying at the same weight is impossible. Oh well.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Whoever told you that has invalid facts. If that was the case then bodybuilders would bulk up and then never look ripped with a 5-7% body fat percentage. You can maintain your weight and lose body fat. That's where a strict diet and training plan come into play. I've personally dropped 2% body fat while gained 3 lbs of lean muscle.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Taking the green coffee bean extract may help alittle but it's not going to be a miracle ingredient. I don't see a whole lot of difference when I take it compared to when I don't. Diet is the main thing to focus on and you will see a difference when you change your diet accordingly.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I second what was said above. Diet is 90% of the game, but it is possible to lose body fat while maintaining the same weight. Depending on how much fat you have to lose it might not be realistic, but if your diet is dialed in its possible.

fartster

Awards
so it's pretty much safe to say it's really just diet then. People tend to make the mistake of going to the gym for years and eat the same things yet see no real changes at all. The gym makes them eat more actually.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
so it's pretty much safe to say it's really just diet then. People tend to make the mistake of going to the gym for years and eat the same things yet see no real changes at all. The gym makes them eat more actually.
Exactly. The average gym goer doesn't commit fully to the lifestyle. Many people think that they can out-train a poor diet, and its clear if you look around a corporate gym. Most people aren't in great shape, and many don't look like they even lift. In order to achieve a strong, muscular, lean physique, it goes far beyond 1-2 hours a day in the gym.

Supplements aren't anything miraculous, but they can be very helpful when you get to a certain level. For most, simply eating better and training harder is all they need to get to a desirable level of fitness. But for others, mainly the crazy ones on AM lol, supplementation can be very beneficial. If you're at an advanced level, fat loss supplements can really help break plateaus and help push the body to its limits. As far as green coffee bean extract goes, I wouldn't waste your time. Are there any other fat burner supplements you've looked into?

fartster

Awards
I'm familiar with ephedra and clen. I am on prescription amphetamine for ADHD which increases metabolism. I can drop weight anorexically with this, but when I do, I feel as if I want the weight not the fat that lingers around the belly area.