Can high protein diet and completely low carbs in weeks can make someone lose body fa

jonatan

jonatan

Awards
Can high protein diet and completely low carbs in weeks can make someone lose body fat

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure, why wouldn't it?

jonatan

jonatan

Awards
As am not sure when carbs are low it will work

JG93

JG93

Awards
Not necessarily.

There is much more to it than that.

A high protein diet includes more than just carbs and protein. You have fats and fibers to worry about as well.

With that said and this being a short response..
Yes, theoretically it can... But a high protein diet needs exercise.

Try it out, if it does work great, if not.. Look into carb cycling. That is a great way to shock the body!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Not necessarily.

There is much more to it than that.

A high protein diet includes more than just carbs and protein. You have fats and fibers to worry about as well.

With that said and this being a short response..
Yes, theoretically it can... But a high protein diet needs exercise.

Try it out, if it does work great, if not.. Look into carb cycling. That is a great way to shock the body!
Why would it "need" exercise

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Well a high protein diet has a fair amount of fats in it.
Jump on a high protein diet and do nothing.
It will most definitely lead to more weight
You seem to enjoy making assumptions. Google "protein sparing modified fast" and get back to us.

JG93

JG93

Awards
You seem to enjoy making assumptions. Google "protein sparing modified fast" and get back to us.
Eating protein does not make you gain weight. However, because protein-rich food isn't calorie-free, eating it in excess will lead to weight gain. To prevent that protein from settling as fat, monitor your total calorie intake and cut down if necessary.

So essentially; a high protein diet needs exercise to keep the process from happening. It is pretty much common sense. If you want to insinuate me making "assumption," spend a little more time doing research.

Me schooling you in how protein breaks down and or how it settles is not going to make much of a difference.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Eating protein does not make you gain weight. However, because protein-rich food isn't calorie-free, eating it in excess will lead to weight gain. To prevent that protein from settling as fat, monitor your total calorie intake and cut down if necessary.

So essentially; a high protein diet needs exercise to keep the process from happening. It is pretty much common sense. If you want to insinuate me making "assumption," spend a little more time doing research.

Me schooling you in how protein breaks down and or how it settles is not going to make much of a difference.
Each word you type makes you seem more ignorant. You could go on a psmf for a couple weeks, live a practically sedentary lifestyle and still lose weight. Idk why the mechanism by which protein breaks down is relevant to this conversation at all. But thank you for your contributions to the board and may you live a fruitful and blessed life.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Can high protein diet and completely low carbs in weeks can make someone lose...

Each word you type makes you seem more ignorant. You could go on a psmf for a couple weeks, live a practically sedentary lifestyle and still lose weight. Idk why the mechanism by which protein breaks down is relevant to this conversation at all. But thank you for your contributions to the board and may you live a fruitful and blessed life.
Well I would say the way protein breaks down is pretty much what people need to understand in this case...
He isn't talking about a PSMF diet.
Not to mention, if you research the diet you are speaking of, there is more to it.

He is asking a cut and dry question. I assume you've been on the board long enough to realize, most people that ask questions in this nature.. Don't delve to deep into diets that ARENT cut and dry.

Your not wrong, I'm not saying that. But if you read his question, and give him logical information.. What I provided is factual, easy to understand, easy to research and follow.

I'm sorry I'm "ignorant" for providing useful information. I knew i must be ignorant when I started delving into nutrition. So dumb of me to get a bachelors...

On any hand, if you need help.. Don't hesitate to ask. I will most definitely give you ignorant answers!

JG93

JG93

Awards
Jonatan if you need any help or any answers let us know, I'm sorry I got off subject! Don't want to fill your thread with trash.
Good luck to you!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
And my reference to psmf was for you, when you made a blanket statement that protein foods are inherently high in fat. I am proud of your accomplishments. We shall now join forces like pee wee Herman and large Marge and help our friend. Smile at the world today.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LMAO!. You sir are a funny guy!. I don't know if it was intended to be funny, but it was.

zigatoh

Awards
Turkey, chicken, tuna... Swimming in fat obviously. And don't get me started on those lard filled whey isolate protein powders :p

Quick Google chicken breast - around 3.6 g fat to 31g protein.

zigatoh

Awards
Yellowfin tuna 100g - 0.5g fat to 24g protein - worse than doughnuts that!

ryox82

Awards
  • Established
A high protien diet needs to have a high amount of fats in it to replace some of the carb energy that's missing. Obviously a chicken breast or piece of tuna by itself wouldn't be high in fat on its own...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the amount of stupidity being spewed in this thread is nearing epic proportions...

OP, listed to toddmuelheim. a PSMF which is inherently low fat and carb (which is what you mentioned) is near guaranteed to cause pretty substantial weight loss, if no reason other than water and glycogen. Most likely it will cause a good deal of fat loss as well.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope

A high protein intakes is actually less likely to result in weight gain

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A high protien diet needs to have a high amount of fats in it to replace some of the carb energy that's missing. Obviously a chicken breast or piece of tuna by itself wouldn't be high in fat on its own...
Huh??

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok.
Re-read what I said.
I did.

You are wrong.... and continually moving the goal post, but wrong nonetheless

JG93

JG93

Awards
I did.

You are wrong.... and continually moving the goal post, but wrong nonetheless
I'm definitely not wrong.
Lol, your funny.

If you think a high protein diet... Will lead to increase weight loss, without proper excercise, you my friend... Are wrong.
The goalpost has not moved. It is very simple. Just as the question. He didn't elude to anything special, so I didn't either.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm definitely not wrong.
Lol, your funny.

If you think a high protein diet... Will lead to increase weight loss, without proper excercise, you my friend... Are wrong.
The goalpost has not moved. It is very simple. Just as the question. He didn't elude to anything special, so I didn't either.
Why does protein "need" exercise?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
- wrong
Jump on a high protein diet and do nothing. It will most definitely lead to more weight
- wrong. its been shown that high protein (protein only - which is what he asked about) will NOT lead to weight gain... AS YOU EVEN STATED YOURSELF BELOW!

Eating protein does not make you gain weight.
but then you went on to say this:
However, because protein-rich food isn't calorie-free, eating it in excess will lead to weight gain. To prevent that protein from settling as fat, monitor your total calorie intake and cut down if necessary.
which is directly opposite of the last sentence... So, you're making no sense

So essentially; a high protein diet needs exercise to keep the process from happening.
- This is also untrue and there's literally opposing proof.
It is pretty much common sense.
- apparently not, or you have no common sense.

- if only because you have no clue what you're talking about...

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I'd just like to address the adiposal elephant in the room...where are da fats at?

JG93

JG93

Awards
- wrong
- wrong. its been shown that high protein (protein only - which is what he asked about) will NOT lead to weight gain... AS YOU EVEN STATED YOURSELF BELOW!

but then you went on to say this:

which is directly opposite of the last sentence... So, you're making no sense

- This is also untrue and there's literally opposing proof.
- apparently not, or you have no common sense.

- if only because you have no clue what you're talking about...

You quoted me wrong in one of those posts FYI.

If I'm wrong, science is wrong... Simple as that lol.
Look at how a high protein diet is set up. Then look at how protein DOES convert to fat if not used. THEN and ONLY then, go back and read my original statement.

I'm not gonna argue with naysayers because they are naysayers. I can provide factual proof and your still gonna tell me I'm wrong. Wasting my time arguing.
Hope you gentlemen have a wonderful day!

zigatoh

Awards
Ooh look -
healthyeating.sfgate.com/can-protein-cause-fat-6573.html
Hmm, can't post links, stick the htt... Bit I'm front.

"However, body fat increased uniformly across all test groups, which led researchers to conclude that excess calories are responsible for fat gain rather than excess protein."

zigatoh

Awards
And -
.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/protein-will-not-make-you-fat
Dubdubdub that one

"You can pretty much eat as much protein as you want and it won't turn to fat."

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You quoted me wrong in one of those posts FYI.

If I'm wrong, science is wrong... Simple as that lol.
Look at how a high protein diet is set up. Then look at how protein DOES convert to fat if not used. THEN and ONLY then, go back and read my original statement.

I'm not gonna argue with naysayers because they are naysayers. I can provide factual proof and your still gonna tell me I'm wrong. Wasting my time arguing.
Hope you gentlemen have a wonderful day!
Not sure you actually know the science here

While a pathway does exist where fatty acis can be synthesized from aminos, there is a lacking of literature which would support the assertion that excess protein will result in increased fatty acid synthesis and storage.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And for the record, no "factual proof" was provided by you

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lost doesnt fully describe this lol

one thing to remember, you might need to add some fiber

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I skipped around this post and I'm tired but I hate talk about science and facts on topics that are individual to a persons response to what ever they do being training, diet or drugs ect. Op if you wanna find out if the diet is gonna work then start doing it and in a few weeks you will know the answer to your question.

zigatoh

Awards
Well we can't discuss the science of nutrition as each individual responds differently?
So that means we can't discuss science around exercise or supplements too right?

OK, close all threads except the 'what I did this weekend ' one.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Sorry wasn't trying to hurt anyone s feelings. My point was that ppl start a thread asking a simple question and then ppl respond with a bunch of stuff that does nothing for the op.

zigatoh

Awards
To be fair, op asked if a high protein low carb diet could be used to lose weight. There was then a 'discussion' about whether high protein diets were actually likely to cause a gain in fat.

Can't help that happening if we're not all in perfect agreement on the answer can you.

The odd insult or video stops the subject matter from becoming boring :-D

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
So what are you guys up to this weekend?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
like to see what rich piano is doing