Need help! Losing weight and toning up

SarahH.

Awards
Im a 30 year old mother of 3. I have a lot of goals I am praying to accomplish asap. I was always tiny my whole life until after I had my 3rd child. The pounds just wont come off! I have tried EVERYTHING! Nothing seems to help. I have become very depressed about how I look. My main goals are to loose about 40 pounds by summer (HOPEFULLY) and also tone my body up. I want to be healthy since Im not getting any younger and I really would love to feel good about myself again.. seems that nothing natural will help me.. ive done the excersizing, dieting, taken all the over the counter weight loss pills.. I need something better that will actually help! If there is anyone that could help, please lmk. Thank you

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
It's spring now, so losing 40lbs by summer may not be a reasonable goal. Don't get discouraged quite yet though!
First of all,
1. How is your diet? Eating in a deficit? Is it consistent?

2. Are you exercising daily? If so, for how long and what type of exercises? Do you strength train to?

3. Are you sweating massively after each exercise/workout?

xanderjd

Awards
First of all welcome!

Losing weight takes time..lots of it.
Diet and exercise are your friends and by exercise, it's cardio and weight-lifting. A personal trainer may be a good option for a couple of months if you can afford it.

Don't get discouraged and don't give up! It may take longer than you want, but the main goal is to shed those extra pounds

Good luck

SarahH.

Awards
I have tried excersizing alone but feels as if I need something to help me. I have had no energy, low self esteem and I feel like giving up even though losing these pounds is all I want!

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
I have tried excersizing alone but feels as if I need something to help me. I have had no energy, low self esteem and I feel like giving up even though losing these pounds is all I want!
You have to dig deep into your soul ask yourself if you are willing to eat less, eat healthy, and exercise everyday. If you are willing to put in the hard work then you have to force yourself to do it. Just like an alcoholic has to force himself to quit drinking.
The first 3 weeks are the most difficult in terms of motivation. Once you make a eating plan, and exercise plan and stick to it (no cheating) you will start to see the lbs melt off and that will be such a good feeling that you will want to continue to lose weight. It's all about getting over the first hurdle. You CAN do it. If you truly want to be in shape then you will achieve your goal.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Welcome to this great forum. You have come to the right place. We are here for you, and any question you have, it will be answered by the many knowledgeable members here!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Eating in a calorie deficit and dieting is never fun, but it shouldn't be as painful as you're describing. Hopefully AM can help you out here!

Are you currently tracking your calories and food intake? If so, what do you typically eat in a day. What type of exercise are you doing? And also, what fat loss products have you tried? There are a lot of gimmicky crap products out there that don't do anything at all. I can look at your diet and exercise and try to suggest ideas and supplement options that would be beneficial for you to help you reach your goals

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mother of three! So you definitely know the definition of hard work. I'm sure you have a lot of stress having three kids so that will make it even harder to lose weight but the key is just consistency with your diet. Once you have your diet down pat and you feel like you have energy then start slow and throw in some workouts particular cardio.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If time/funds permit, as you aren't feeling working out alone and need a push, I think you could benefit from a good local trainer.

If that's not your style; how about a workout partner? Talk a friend into joining you on your quest?

A support system is a big piece of the puzzle in my opinion.

Step one is diet though, start tracking your intake. Even just one average week. From there it becomes simpler to move forward