Timed Carb Diet--Help / Critique's wanted :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Okay, here it is!

A couple questions I have (for now) are:
1) Sodium...can I use salt to flavor foods? Steak and Chicken can be pretty flavorless otherwise.
2) Cardio 4x/wk (Weekdays and NOT on leg days)...is this a good place to start? I'm walking around my neighborhoood for 45 mins...
3) And, uh....how does the diet look?

Stats: 21yrs, ~230lbs (clothed, night), 14-15% BF, Metabolism is actually pretty good, I have just been eating horribly.

NOTE: I'll be replacing the OO with Flax (after I get my order in) for most meals.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
What's up guys, nobody likes the diet forum or what? :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro :)

What's bad about timed carb diets? I've heard from quite a few happy TC dieters. Even gaining some strength while dieting sometimes (so long as good fats are high!).

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
kwyckemynd00,

I'm currently using a similar approach although it appears to me that you are getting far to few carbs on your training day PWO. You should have a PPWO with some good carbs such as oats, yams etc... On my training days I eat carbs only PWO. I have carbs with my PWO Shake and then I have carbs with my PPWO meal, a total of about 180-190 carbs. On non-workout days I'll eat dinner with some carbs usually 20-30g, with alot of veggies.

spitboy

Throbbing Member
Awards
  • Established
kwyckemynd00,

I'm currently using a similar approach although it appears to me that you are getting far to few carbs on your training day PWO. You should have a PPWO with some good carbs such as oats, yams etc... On my training days I eat carbs only PWO. I have carbs with my PWO Shake and then I have carbs with my PPWO meal, a total of about 180-190 carbs. On non-workout days I'll eat dinner with some carbs usually 20-30g, with alot of veggies.

^^^ New guy gives very good advice. I'm a T/C'er as well and I think it looks good otherwise. You do need more carbs on workout days-- treat yourself with some sugary instant oatmeal after the workout and eat a metric assload of yams in the next meal. Then back to P/F with you! :whip:

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro :)

What's bad about timed carb diets?
I just feel there are better ways. Carbohydrates aren't the reason why you gained bodyfat, and cutting them out of your diet isn't going to fix the problem. I've just always felt that the glycogen depletion/loading thing was dumb and isn't necessary unless you're doing some sort of a photo-shoot or competing.

I feel pretty strongly about my hatred for low-carb diets :twisted: b/c I got very sick when I went for 3 days with carbs :sick: . Was probably the worst I'd felt in my whole life.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I definately don't agree w/such a low carb diet, but if you're gonna do it good luck.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I pretty much agree with every one here! Just add some more carbs around your workout and you should be set! I can't knock a lowered carb diet as I am on one and it is working beautifully even though I miss my carbs! I am going to try it and then try dieting with carbs again and see which one I liked better! I can't knock Sticks or Die Trying as they have both gotten great results with higher carb diets! Good luck Kwyk!

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Monitor how your workouts go, if they seem like a chore to get through then add some lower GI carbs pre workout. This will help counter working out with inadequate glycogen stores.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyeone, for the replys.

I noticed I didn't add in "everything" that I'm taking in PWO. I'll be getting in Malto/Dextrose (50/50=100grams) on top of the oatmeal :)

Yeah, I see plenty of people doing well on high carb / low fat, high fat / low carb diets, so It will be an experiment for me.

I've just heard great things by timed-carb dieters about keeping mass and strength and figured I'd give it a shot for 4-6 weeks.

Its day #2 so far, and I actually feel quite alright :)

To recap, basically for all the TC'ers out there (or similar), I should just make sure I get plenty of carbs PWO and everything else looks good?

Thanks again!

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Monitor how your workouts go, if they seem like a chore to get through then add some lower GI carbs pre workout. This will help counter working out with inadequate glycogen stores.
Will do, thx!

luger96

Awards
Malto-Meal or Oatmeal works for me. No other substitude, except mornings and after workouts.....sugar.......mmmm...w/ whey.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
im following this, but I'm not really much of a help. I can eat 5000calories of Carrot Cake and not put on any fat. Real Carrot Cake. So the rules of dieting that hold true for 80% of the population don't fit here.

goodluck Kwycke... it won't be long now.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
you don't think 91 grams of protien in one sitting is a lot?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
you don't think 91 grams of protien in one sitting is a lot?
I don't think it's gonna hurt ;)

It was 81grams, and the reason I'm not stressing on it is b/c one serving is whey (which will get used "right" away) and the other portion is chicken (or some other meat) which will take much longer to digest. So, IMHO, it's not like my body is trying to use all of that at once. The liquid whey will run right through me when the chicken is still being digested.

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I don't know if it will differentiate between them and "save one for later" if taken all at the same time. I was trying to look something up but couldn't find it. Pretty much all absorbtion of the protein happens in the small intestine, and I don't know if just b/c one is "liquid" and the other "solid" that they will reach it at different times..since the bottom line is that once in the stomach proteins..(no matter what type) are digested by pepsin i think and move on from there...

I'm thinking that normally for a person under 200 pounds 40-50g per sitting should be more then enough....more might be overkill..unless said individual is taking "supplements"..

the most i was taking was 60g post wo, and just recently reduced it to 42 at most..

I mean I'm just looking at as trying to not waste the powder..if it boils down to 50 and 90g having the same result..might as well save the rest..

h19

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well, I see where you're coming from. But one does make it to the small intestine later. And, the solid foods will be digested from the outside in, so this process does not happen all at once.

Plus, for ~25 cents per 27grams of protein, it's really the last concern I have. :D

I've seen a bunch of those so-called studies that say 40g protein per serving, but you have to take into consideration, the subjects weren't weightlifter / bodybuilders whose bodies have adapted to consume greater amounts of protein.

Anyway, good discussion, but I'm gonna keep some of those protein meals high b/c I feel they help and I don't wanna eat 40gram portions of protein 9x/day to fill my protein requirements :D

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I've officially come to the realization I'm a junk food addict!

I feel like ripping heads off when I smell cookies and cannot eat them--my mom just made cookies. I'm thinking I could come home and have a couple cookies PWO...that would be great! Hahaha.

Could I eat something that sugary PWO? :D It may help keep my sane, hahaha. It's only been 3 days and I'm grumpy as hell without my twinkies, cookies, etc, etc....yeah, it's bad....reallllllllllllly bad.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I've officially come to the realization I'm a junk food addict!

I feel like ripping heads off when I smell cookies and cannot eat them--my mom just made cookies. I'm thinking I could come home and have a couple cookies PWO...that would be great! Hahaha.

Could I eat something that sugary PWO? :D It may help keep my sane, hahaha. It's only been 3 days and I'm grumpy as hell without my twinkies, cookies, etc, etc....yeah, it's bad....reallllllllllllly bad.
mmmm, johnny carino's............ :lol:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't like the idea of these types of diets .. i really don't think carbs should be looked at as the enemy .. but good luck with it my man :)

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
i don't like the idea of these types of diets .. i really don't think carbs should be looked at as the enemy .. but good luck with it my man :)
I'm definintely gonna try a higher carb diet in the future as well.

I just hear good things about both, so I picked one :)

The thing that sucks about higher carb, lower fat is that none of the carbs that taste good are good for the diet :)

I'm about to just eat my twinkies and be fat and happy :D

boomr

Board Supporter
Awards
i just want to say I agree with everyone who agreed with everyone, and good luck. ha ha. ok, just kidding. seemed all I read was people chiming in to agree with the guy who just agreed with the guy who just agreed.

not criticizing, just poking fun.