Pre Workouts - Creatine or no

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Curious if you guys prefer creatine or not in your PWO's?

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I hate it in pre workouts

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Not a fan of it in pre-workouts either. I see it as a filler ingredient, not really necessary for a preworkout product.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hate it. I'd rather add my own. Depending on the product, there isn't even enough creatine per one serving. That would force a person to use two servings to get the required dose, but then caffeine content may be too high for some.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love it in my Get Diesel NOS Ether !!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really don't like it in pwos, prefer dosing on my own

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I enjoy creatine, but my natural bat-crap crazy allows me to push myself harder.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why do you like creatine in your pre-workout?. Explain further if you don't mind.
It seams to me that a really good quality PWO with Creatine will give me the feeling of "full muscles" or aka pump for a few hours, just a great feeling.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Interesting how many people dont want creatine

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was never a fan of Creatine until I ran a long on Get Diesel NOS Ether now I'm hooked!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That product has a lot more than just Creatine silly!
Yes it does and I believe that is why it works so well, the combination of products all complement each other.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
I think most people realize that it's practically free and would rather take it on their own in the exact amount they want.

NotDatGuy9000

Awards
I like creatine, but I often only use it to give me more energy while I go on a 10+ mile ride with the gf.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If it happens to be in my pre-workout, I don't mind it, but it's not something I look for in a pre.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I think that it is fine in a pre workout personally. I would much rather dose my own though. I have experimented taking creatine pre and post workout and there is no difference as far as I can tell in effectiveness as long as you keep your blood plasma levels saturated with the effective dose. So if timing of the creatine is what you are worried about then that's not an issue.

I think what most people are saying is that a lot of pre's are underdosed with creatine so it's better just to supplement with it on your own. However, if a good pre has creatine in it then that's no big deal at all IMHO. If you need to add more creatine to your daily intake then just buy some monohydrate and add it in pre/post workout.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think what most people are saying is that a lot of pre's are underdosed with creatine so it's better just to supplement with it on your own. However, if a good pre has creatine in it then that's no big deal at all IMHO. If you need to add more creatine to your daily intake then just buy some monohydrate and add it in pre/post workout.
The issue is it is difficult, if not almost impossible for one to find a pre workout, with 3-5 grams of creatine, enough stimulant/not over stimmed and other ingredients such as CM, TMG, agmatine, etc all at effective doses as well. Lets say a product has 3-5 grams of creatine, but only 150 mg of caffeine and one needs a higher stim product, they would need two scoops and there would be too much creatine. On the other hand, if said product has 3-5 grams of creatine, but 300 mg of caffeine and one needs a half serving due to the high caffeine content, creatine would be underdosed.

I think too often companies try to make a kitchen sink product, but often fail. The price point would be way to high if everything in a kitchen sink product was dosed accordingly. I would not mind spending the money and educated consumers probably wouldn't mind either. However, the general public make up most of the sales and would be scared away by a high price tag.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
The issue is it is difficult, if not almost impossible for one to find a pre workout, with 3-5 grams of creatine, enough stimulant/not over stimmed and other ingredients such as CM, TMG, agmatine, etc all at effective doses as well. Lets say a product has 3-5 grams of creatine, but only 150 mg of caffeine and one needs a higher stim product, they would need two scoops and there would be too much creatine. On the other hand, if said product has 3-5 grams of creatine, but 300 mg of caffeine and one needs a half serving due to the high caffeine content, creatine would be underdosed.

I think too often companies try to make a kitchen sink product, but often fail. The price point would be way to high if everything in a kitchen sink product was dosed accordingly. I would not mind spending the money and educated consumers probably wouldn't mind either. However, the general public make up most of the sales and would be scared away by a high price tag.
I agree 100%. I never look for creatine in a pre (or beta alanine) for this exact reason. If it has a small dose in it then that's just a little extra that you can count towards your daily intake.

I personally find a good pre that has the stims that I am looking for and add other focus/performance ingredients to that if need be. I have seen clincally dosed products that come out to $50 or more per tub. Even though the price tag is fair, it does scare average consumers away.