Hunger monster

TeaSama

TeaSama

Awards
So I'm going to be tracking what I eat for the next couple of days and let you guys know but here are my problems so far:

I'm eating clean and I'm eating more protein than carbs but there are moments when I'm just extremely hungry and that's when I will slip. I've gotten it under control in the sense that I'll grab something that's good for me but it's hard to get the hunger monster under control when it pops up. Also when that happens I tend to get a headache. I don't know if that was because I worked a 17hr shift with no caffeine or because I'm lacking something in my diet.

According to my fitness pal I have to eat 1,640 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. Now the problem I have with that is when I have recorded my exercise in the past it doesn't take that into account at all. Idk if it's me or what but I'll keep watch over that.

I work out 6 days a week in a good rotation that's making me feel like a female super saiyan.

With all the reading I've done it looks like in might need to add some slow digesting carbs into my diet somewhere...?

Have any of you had this problem?

I'm determined to become the strongest me I can be. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

W

Warthog13

Awards
So I'm going to be tracking what I eat for the next couple of days and let you guys know but here are my problems so far:

I'm eating clean and I'm eating more protein than carbs but there are moments when I'm just extremely hungry and that's when I will slip. I've gotten it under control in the sense that I'll grab something that's good for me but it's hard to get the hunger monster under control when it pops up. Also when that happens I tend to get a headache.

With all the reading I've done it looks like in might need to add some slow digesting carbs into my diet somewhere...?

Have any of you had this problem?
Yes, I have that problem and, yes, I sometimes get headaches! (Thank goodness I don't have the 17 hr shifts, though)

One thing I do is have a Premier Protein bar. It has 30g P and 25g C. Not as good as a Quest bar regarding carbs but for some reason I find those particular bars incredibly filling. I'll usually just eat half and wait 10-15 mins. If I'm still hungry, I'll finish the bar, If not, I'll save it for later.

Another thing that has worked for me is I get one of those 80 cal greek yogurts and add 1/8 cup of steel cut Quaker oats to it. The oats add 75 cals and 13g C but makes it very filling. Supposedly steel cut oats are a better carb...I don't know for sure - but it works for me.

I hope that helps.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would suggest looking into an appetite suppressant if you struggle with hunger. Caffeine can be a great appetite suppressant to kick cravings - it really helps me in the afternoon hours at work.

With myfitnesspal, I do not recommend tracking exercise. It adds another variable into your calorie counting and makes it very difficult to be consistent. I don't like that myfitnesspal will increase your calories to eat if you've exercised. I don't track exercise with the app, I just use it to keep my intake consistent so I can track my progress. Trying to track calorie expenditure during exercise will make it very difficult to keep things consistent.

As far as slow digesting carbs go, it all depends on your calorie and macronutrient goals. Slow digesting carbs (like oatmeal or vegetables) are high in fiber and will help you to feel fuller longer. I always try to eat plenty of green vegetables with each meal to help me feel full and eliminate cravings. Slow digesting carbs can also help with strength and energy during your workouts too. A meal containing a slow digesting carb source about an hour before a workout can a lot with performance and endurance.

If you are still struggling with hunger, these are some products that I would suggest to help with appetite suppression, focus, mood, and energy while dieting:

Performax Labs OxyMax XT
PES Alphamine
YC Stack (yohimbine and caffeine)
EC Stack (ephedrine and caffeine)

kjkitzman

kjkitzman

Awards
  • Established
What are the benefits of a YC Stack? (I know this is old but have been seeing this a lot)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
YC (yohimbine + caffeine) is a great stack to use if you're incorporating fasted cardio. I really only use yohimbine before fasted cardio - insulin release will impair its effectiveness. YC can also be helpful as an appetite suppressant when taken between meals too It is the most effective for losing those last few pounds at the end of a cut. Yohimbine can be helpful in targeting stubborn body fat by increasing blood flow to hard to target areas (hips, lower back, lower abs, etc.)