Anyone deal with Plantars Fasciitis while in middle of a weight loss plan?

neyar

neyar

Awards
This really sux. Anyone deal with it? Any suggestions?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm suffering from PF in my right foot myself. From research and trying various remedies, I've found these items to make a difference:

1) if your bed covers/comforter is tucked in at your feet then untuck it. This pulls your feet forward and down due to the weight.
2) if you wear shoes that the toe portion is rolled up, like running shoes. Throw them away and get a flat shoe with minimal heal and flat toe area.
3) One leg, unweighted calf raises off a 3 inch block helps.
4) add in arch supports to your shoes. Flat foot can contribute to PF.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Graston the sole of your foot and calf muscle

Stretch your calf and heel BEFORE your feet meet the ground in the morning

Stretch your calves throughout the day

Get custom orthotics

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I used tennis ball therapy and other exercises at home and it worked. For example. did the barefoot calf raises/declines on the edge of a step,etc. I still did multiple hill sprinting and other short distance runs, up to 440, on the weekends so that probably lengthened the healing process.
For two weeks it flared up in the a.m. and then went away once the foot warmed up. I started doing exercises before stepping off the bed in the a.m. and that helped as well. Almost all gone now that I started the therapies and discarded my heel-worn day shoes.

Do not know where my case came from. So many possibilities. On my feet so often with varied footwear to no footwear- barefoot at home.