Endomorph bodybuilding contest

JerryCool17

Awards
Ok I am getting crazy overwhelmed. I am a endomorph been cutting for about two months a iv gained weight. I'm 282 now. Heaviest iv ever been and I'm very uncomfortable to take my shirt off and it's kinda of pissing me off. I don't know if I should eat carbs if not how much fat do I eat if so how many carbs do I eat and how many grams of fat do I eat. Idk when or how long I should do cardio I am completely befuddled. I am asking you guys to tell me what I Should do when and what kind of cardio. If yes to carbs or not how much fat should I eat. I hate cutting cause i don't know how!! I know how to lift and my arms and legs and my back look great! But my gut an chest Carey's extra fat and I'm getting stretch marks out the ass and I'm very very confused and need answers please help!
My current stats are
282 weight
6 foot
About 18 inch arms
29 inch thighs
52 inch chest (under my arms measured)
Shoulders are wider than my waist but idk those measurements
Please help me!!

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
What do your macros look like? What is your main goal?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you've been gaining weight, you're eating too much. That's not "cutting" ha. Simple as that.

JerryCool17

Awards
I'm only eating about 5 I six meals a day. Simple diet looks like
3 whole eggs 3 egg whites 1/2 cup oats cheese cheddar

1 scoop of whey 1 oz almonds

6 oz chicken 5 oz sweet potato

Then I repeated those three meals for meal 4,5,6

And I'm wanting to cut get down to 230. 210 by te time it's stage time.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Just from that it looks like about 7,500-8,000 cal(just a best guess) per day. That seems high for a cut. What kind of training are you doing?

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
I'm only eating about 5 I six meals a day. Simple diet looks like
3 whole eggs 3 egg whites 1/2 cup oats cheese cheddar

1 scoop of whey 1 oz almonds

6 oz chicken 5 oz sweet potato

Then I repeated those three meals for meal 4,5,6

And I'm wanting to cut get down to 230. 210 by te time it's stage time.
I missed the end part how far out is your competition? 282 down to 210 is going to take some time.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just from that it looks like about 7,500-8,000 cal(just a best guess) per day. That seems high for a cut. What kind of training are you doing?
Wtf?! How do you figure 7,500 cals from that... That's the worst overestimate I've ever seen.

Those three meals are like 1200 max... So like 2000-2400/day.

JerryCool17

Awards
Yeah it is it is 2200 a day roughly. And my show is in September but Iv been cuttin since December and I just keep gaining weight. And i keep getting really frustrated.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Wtf?! How do you figure 7,500 cals from that... That's the worst overestimate I've ever seen.

He said 6 meals per day and I don't know how much cheddar or protein.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
He said 6 meals per day and I don't know how much cheddar or protein.
6 meals... The three he listed and then repeated like he said... He said one scoop of whey... He'd have to have eaten an entire wheel of cheddar to get to your calorie estimate haha. Cmon man.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah it is it is 2200 a day roughly. And my show is in September but Iv been cuttin since December and I just keep gaining weight. And i keep getting really frustrated.
Are you actually tracking it or just guessing? If you're not tracking, and you don't know any of this stuff, you're not ready to enter a competition.

Also, if you need to lose 50+ lbs to get to competition level, you need to wait another year and lose it slowly.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards

Ok looking back I thought that was one meal he was eating 6 times. 1,200 * 6 = 7,200 plus cheddar and protein even still I'm having a tough time thinking a 250+ man is gaining on 2,000 cal per day

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok looking back I thought that was one meal he was eating 6 times. 1,200 * 6 = 7,200 plus cheddar and protein even still I'm having a tough time thinking a 250+ man is gaining on 2,000 cal per day
Totally agree with you on that one... That just doesn't add up.

JerryCool17

Awards
That's why I'm confused. Iv gained it I was 275 then got down to 269 carb cycling and doing cardio and then I switched up a bit starte removing carb and ten started gaining and looking like ****. That's why I new help. And I know it's strange that low of calories and I'm gaining. And yes I do know it is 2200 calories I know for sure. I just don't know what to do

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's why I'm confused. Iv gained it I was 275 then got down to 269 carb cycling and doing cardio and then I switched up a bit starte removing carb and ten started gaining and looking like ****. That's why I new help. And I know it's strange that low of calories and I'm gaining. And yes I do know it is 2200 calories I know for sure. I just don't know what to do
When you began removing carbs, did you add more fats or protein or just remove carbs only (aka lower cals)?

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
How about food preparation are you cooking with butter, and drinks can add up faster than you think especially pop and juice.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How about food preparation are you cooking with butter, and drinks can add up faster than you think especially pop and juice.
Good point. Sauces, dressings, oils, etc too. These usually account for hundreds of "missed" cals

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Good point. Sauces, dressings, oils, etc too. These usually account for hundreds of "missed" cals
Yea it's crazy, I have seen oil based salad dressings that add up to as many calories as the main dish.

JerryCool17

Awards
When I removed carbs I added in vegetables like salad or broccoli if I removed rice or potatoes and no I don't add oils or dressing cause of the cals. I cook with Pam every once In a while I'll use butter but that's hardly ever.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I removed carbs I added in vegetables like salad or broccoli if I removed rice or potatoes and no I don't add oils or dressing cause of the cals. I cook with Pam every once In a while I'll use butter but that's hardly ever.
so basically all you did was lower your calories... I really think you need to track them religiously (not the estimated amounts that you've been giving us) for a week and see what you're truly eating. Every single thing that goes in your mouth needs counted. food, drinks, snacks, candy, sauces, spices, etc etc.

There's literally almost no way a guy that weighs 250+lb shouldn't be able to eat 2000-2500 cals a day (especially at a high level of bf) and not lose weight. Its physics... you'd have to have a severe hormonal issue (one that would require a doctor potentially to diagnose/prescribe for thyroid issues).

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think its almost impossible for anyone to really help or for you to make adjustment if your not weighing and tracking ALL of your i take. Things like cheddar cheese are way more calorie dense, and you can easily over eat it if you dont pay close attention. Oils, dressings as mentioned, these things add up quick. I would highly reccommend an app like my fitness pal which is free. It has made my cut really easy.

As for the weight gain, during carb cycling, you will fluctuate weight due to water rentention. Also pay attention to your sodium, which will retain water as well. You need to watch the mirror and just use the scale as refence. The mirror is most important!

At 280lbs, 2200 is extremely low, so you are probly eating way more than that. I would start at around 3300 cals, a little more than 300 coming from protein. I would do the rest in fats and keep carbs lower than 150. I would also eat carbs solely around my workouts. I wouldnt do any cardio or drop my cals until i stopped losing weight. Same thing eith fat burners. Keep all your weapons on hand so when you plateau you can add them in. When you start doing cardio do it 3 times a week, 20 mins. Then increase time and frequency. And at your weight with those cals and the proper nutrition, you will definitely lose weight.

I

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
so basically all you did was lower your calories... I really think you need to track them religiously (not the estimated amounts that you've been giving us) for a week and see what you're truly eating. Every single thing that goes in your mouth needs counted. food, drinks, snacks, candy, sauces, spices, etc etc.

There's literally almost no way a guy that weighs 250+lb shouldn't be able to eat 2000-2500 cals a day (especially at a high level of bf) and not lose weight. Its physics... you'd have to have a severe hormonal issue (one that would require a doctor potentially to diagnose/prescribe for thyroid issues).

Facts only

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established

I was thinking the same. Like damn, I must have missed something, had to go back and re- read his intake. I'd hate to see the guy's estimate of my daily calorie intake haha

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
I was thinking the same. Like damn, I must have missed something, had to go back and re- read his intake. I'd hate to see the guy's estimate of my daily calorie intake haha
My estimate was exactly the same as his 1200 I just didn't catch that it was 3 separate meals I read it as one. And given the ops description of being 280 and rapidly gaining weight the number seemed plausible.
At least I was trying to do more than Monday morning QB.

Now that I feel I feel I defended myself, I agree I f'ed the pooch on that one hahaha

JerryCool17

Awards
I think its almost impossible for anyone to really help or for you to make adjustment if your not weighing and tracking ALL of your i take. Things like cheddar cheese are way more calorie dense, and you can easily over eat it if you dont pay close attention. Oils, dressings as mentioned, these things add up quick. I would highly reccommend an app like my fitness pal which is free. It has made my cut really easy.

As for the weight gain, during carb cycling, you will fluctuate weight due to water rentention. Also pay attention to your sodium, which will retain water as well. You need to watch the mirror and just use the scale as refence. The mirror is most important!

At 280lbs, 2200 is extremely low, so you are probly eating way more than that. I would start at around 3300 cals, a little more than 300 coming from protein. I would do the rest in fats and keep carbs lower than 150. I would also eat carbs solely around my workouts. I wouldnt do any cardio or drop my cals until i stopped losing weight. Same thing eith fat burners. Keep all your weapons on hand so when you plateau you can add them in. When you start doing cardio do it 3 times a week, 20 mins. Then increase time and frequency. And at your weight with those cals and the proper nutrition, you will definitely lose weight.

I
Honestly never really looked at it that way. I'm thinking of doing keto have carbs before and after workout but little amount then when I platue then add cardio then more and keep adding. Honestly I feel retarded for not thinking that. That's the best help iv gotton. And I know it mays puns dumb but I was gaining weight on those calorie maybe I forgot something maybe had my chest meals higher than I thought but with this I won't have a cheer meal except once a month then I'll entry ally cut them out completely

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Honestly never really looked at it that way. I'm thinking of doing keto have carbs before and after workout but little amount then when I platue then add cardio then more and keep adding. Honestly I feel retarded for not thinking that. That's the best help iv gotton. And I know it mays puns dumb but I was gaining weight on those calorie maybe I forgot something maybe had my chest meals higher than I thought but with this I won't have a cheer meal except once a month then I'll entry ally cut them out completely
Yea bro. You would be suprised how much you could lose with slight changes. Also imo dont have any cheat meals if this is a serious goal. Not until you get your weight down a good amount. People say it resets leptin, and that may be true, in my experience when i start eating those foods, the cravings that follow mess all up.

JerryCool17

Awards
Yeah it does for me to I was just going to to keep myself sane I guess haha. But why I experience and what iv noticed was I'll do really good I'll have a cheat meal an then the craving are horrifying