I don't know how I'll get enough fiber while trying to loose weight while recovering.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So, I just had foot surgery and I am eating low carbs and taking in between 1,800-1,900. Now, I really don't know how I'm going to get enough fiber and not go over calories, but eating like 3 prunes a day. My grandmom bought be benefiber but it only provides 3g of fiber per serving, so it's almost useless.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So, I just had foot surgery and I am eating low carbs and taking in between 1,800-1,900. Now, I really don't know how I'm going to get enough fiber and not go over calories, but eating like 3 prunes a day. My grandmom bought be benefiber but it only provides 3g of fiber per serving, so it's almost useless.
Eat lots of nuts, seeds, and non-starchy veggies. Broccoli and cauliflower come to mind. Flax and Psyllium seeds are good. Psyllium is about 6 grams of carbs but also 6 grams of fiber per tablespoon. How much fiber are you aiming for? 30-40 grams daily should be plenty.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eat lots of nuts, seeds, and non-starchy veggies. Broccoli and cauliflower come to mind. Flax and Psyllium seeds are good. Psyllium is about 6 grams of carbs but also 6 grams of fiber per tablespoon. How much fiber are you aiming for? 30-40 grams daily should be plenty.
About 38, but usually only get around 15g.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even at 15g-20g of fiber a day I'd go no problem, but I've been having a lot of trouble going since surgery, even after stopping the oxycodone.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even at 15g-20g of fiber a day I'd go no problem, but I've been having a lot of trouble going since surgery, even after stopping the oxycodone.
Well, 5 tablespoons of psyllium husks daily would add 20-30 grams of fiber and only 45-75 calories.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, 5 tablespoons of psyllium husks daily would add 20-30 grams of fiber and only 45-75 calories.

Just a small correction.. It would be 5 rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) that would provide
roughly 25 grams of fiber & about 75 calories.

i always use Psyllium Husks while doing a low carb or Keto Diet. Usually take in about 3 teaspoons per day
and it keeps be really regular.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a small correction.. It would be 5 rounded teaspoons (not tablespoons) that would provide
roughly 25 grams of fiber & about 75 calories.

i always use Psyllium Husks while doing a low carb or Keto Diet. Usually take in about 3 teaspoons per day
and it keeps be really regular.
Yep, I mistyped. Good catch buddy:)

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How many days would that last me and where do you buy it from?

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many days would that last me and where do you buy it from?
I usually by mine at the local Vitamin Shop. it comes with 68 servings per container for about $8.
It usually lasts me 3 to 4 weeks. If you need to use more of it like 4 to 5 servings per day you will
get about 2 weeks out of it. So you will need 2 bottles for a month.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I usually by mine at the local Vitamin Shop. it comes with 68 servings per container for about $8.
It usually lasts me 3 to 4 weeks. If you need to use more of it like 4 to 5 servings per day you will
get about 2 weeks out of it. So you will need 2 bottles for a month.
Thank you. There is a vitamin shoppe, but it's not super close. Here's hoping my grandmom will go out there and pick it up.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you. There is a vitamin shoppe, but it's not super close.
Here's hoping my grandmom will go out there and pick it up.
you can always order it online and have it home delivered too :)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Most grocery stores and drug stores carry it too. It might cost a few dollars more than VS, but its more convenient than making a long trip. They're usually found in the medicine/health isle

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She picked some up. I feel stupid though, because I added the 4 servings thinking it would just dissolve and I was mistaken lol. So I took most of it, but I had to run the sink over the glass and it was still thick. Let's hope it works lol.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
She picked some up. I feel stupid though, because I added the 4 servings thinking it would just dissolve and I was mistaken lol. So I took most of it, but I had to run the sink over the glass and it was still thick. Let's hope it works lol.
You took 4 servings at the same time? I would not recommend taking 4 servings at once. You'll probably be able to understand my reasoning shortly. Drink a lot of water if you took 4 servings at one time! And stay near a bathroom for the rest of the day.

For the future, split up your dosages throughout the day!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FinaFlex Muscle Fiber....GREAT Stuff!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Good suggestions in here, psyllium works in baked goods too, good stuff.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been taking Now Foods Whole Pyslliums Husks for years. I mix one Tablespoon of that with one Tablespoon of Equate or Wal-mart brand psyllium husk, it's the orange flavor, for more fiber and for the flavor. Mix that with 32 oz of water and drink it right away as I'm mixing. Mix a little, drink a little, repeat. There is absolutely no way I'd start with this much though. I'd start with half of that. I've been doing this daily for around 10 years now.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Volcanus

Volcanus

Awards
Yep, TONS of fiber in lots of veggies, with very little calories. Adding carrots to my protein shakes helps keep me regular, lol.