Need help carb cycling

Dsuemg

Awards
5'10" 190 lbs. TDEE calc tells me 2700. I've been going for the last 2 weeks at around 2200 cals. Trying to hit 50/40/10. P/f/c. Looking to drop as much body fat as I can by the end of February. I keep track of everything I eat and find that I struggle to hit macros even when I feel like I'm stuffing my face. Figured I would carb cycle 2 days low 1 day high.
Want to make sure I'm doing things right so all info is appreciated.
Meals have consisted of sweet potato, brown rice, black beans, grilled chicken, plain shrimp, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, Kodiak pancakes, and eggs. (No pop, no treats)

Been pretty clean and committed since before Christmas. What can I realistically drop in the next month and a half?

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Try going high, low, high, low, low repeat

Dsuemg

Awards
I'm fine with whatever combination but I am struggling with finding what macros I need to shoot for each day on those highs and lows.
Also what REALISTIC approach to meeting the high protein days as far as food options. High carb days are simple :)

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Low carb days try 100g carbs, 275 protein, high carb 400, protein 250

muddertougher

muddertougher

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Chicken, Turkey, salmon, just about any meat

Dsuemg

Awards
It's not so much an understanding of what sources to find protein it's more the fact that I'm having a hard time eating enough to achieve those grams.
For instance, unless MFP is way off, yesterday's lunch was 8 oz chicken, 4 hardboiled eggs, and 4 oz shrimp and it was like 80 grams. BUT, it was enough food that the rest of the day was tough to want to eat more.
On top of it, I'm expending a lot in the gym. Typically lifting heavy 4 days a week and doing cardio daily. Generally doing 20 min HIIT sprints mon/weds/fri with longer steady rate runs on other days.
Just not seeing the results for the effort so it's gotta be something I'm doing or not doing.......

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
How has your progress been so far? Sounds like you're doing a ton of cardio and your calories seem in a good spot. Are you losing weight?

Also, how long have you been doing your current macro split? 50/40/10 is a border line ketogenic diet - is there a particular reason you're going low with such low carbs?

Dsuemg

Awards
Weight has stagnated. Figuring I'm at 18% bf or so, I would expect to see the first bit come off quicker I guess. The 50/40/10 was just a "gotta start somewhere". Food intake wise, I'm one that finds it easier to go without and not feel the need to eat and I struggle with getting my intake high enough. Even on a defecit.
Any input is appreciated. Especially if I'm tackling the wrong. I know my gym routine and cardio are good so it's coming down to diet.
Also, realistically, what could I expect to cut by the end of February?

Mcelis323

Mcelis323

Awards
Whats your age?
so you weight 190, 5'10, 18-22% body fat, how many times do you go to the gym?

Dsuemg

Awards
I'm 35 and go to the gym 5 days. Lift 4 and do cardio all 5.
ANTM- thx for the link to that article. Cleared up a lot of the questions I had.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 35 and go to the gym 5 days. Lift 4 and do cardio all 5.
ANTM- thx for the link to that article. Cleared up a lot of the questions I had.
I love that article. I would not follow it to a T though, especially being that low carb when cutting. You need to keep in mind the author is gearing that article towards those using gear. They can get away with a low fat amount. I personally keep my protein the same all days, follow the carb amount as prescribed and make up the rest of my cals in fat. On my high carb days, I consume my most cals, moderate days are 250 cals less than the high days and the low days are 500 less than the high days.

In addition, if you're cutting and want to utilize your carbs as best as possible, you could look into a GDA like SlinMax. SlinMax helps transport glucose, improve nutrient partioning and reduces blood sugar. This will help with body composition and your performance in the gym. Right now, Nutriverse which is a sponsor on here, has 20% off SlinMax with the code GAINS20

Dsuemg

Awards
Would e/c be beneficial where my diet is on point? I would like to milk the most out of the next 4 weeks of this cut.

jmlaheta1976

Awards
I like this article. What should I multiply by cause i have a desk job but plan on going to the gym 4 days a week?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like this article. What should I multiply by cause i have a desk job but plan on going to the gym 4 days a week?
1.6, moderate activity. Read the description for it. Keep in mind that there are many other variables and that will only give you an estimate. You may need more cals or less cals then you get when do complete the math. Go with the 1.6, track your weight for a few weeks, then adjust.