In a calorie deficit and can't loose fat.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was 237 with a bodyfat of, I'll guess 30-35%. I lost weight no problem for about 3-4 months. Once I hit 206 and around 20% bodyfat, I can't loose weight at all. I was taking in 2,600 calories when I got down to 20% fat. I lowered it to 2,300-2,400. I've seen no difference at all and that was over the course of 3 months. Recently I just lowered my caloric intake to 2,100. It's been almost a month and still no change. The thing is, I haven't been about to workout due to back pain contributed to my flat feet. I can't even run due to my flat feet. I'm having surgery in a month and would like to loose weight before surgery, so once I recover I don't have to go on a cut, but I guess that won't be the case. Is there anything I can do now to at least get down to 18% bodyfat, before the surgery on January 20th? I won't be able to walk after surgery without crutches until April. I'm 27 by the way, in case that makes a difference.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would consider eating an excess of calories for a few days.. back up around 2800 cals per day. this should somewhat reset your metabolism for your next few weeks

HIM

HIM

Awards
Whats your diet look like? Not getting any physical activity throughout the day is really going to make your metabolism work against you on this but you should still be able to lose weight if you have your diet dialed in right.

Rikrodgers

Rikrodgers

Awards
Sounds like you need to reset your leptin levels by having a cheat day or two. It may sound counter-productive, but believe me, it isn't! Your body has been in a deficit for too long and as a result your fat loss has stalled...
Check out John Romaniello's blog at Roman Fitness Systems on cheat days - well worth the read and he gives the reasons behind how these are a great tool for fat loss.
Good luck, and enjoy!

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I never gave my height. I'm about 6' (182cm). Do you think I should stay at 2,100, or go back to 2,400? I crave food a lot sicne I went down to 2,100 and like I said I haven't noticed a difference from the calorie drop from 2,400.

HIM

HIM

Awards
Post your diet and you'll get better responses. The more info the easier it is for people to help you out.

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
I was 237 with a bodyfat of, I'll guess 30-35%. I lost weight no problem for about 3-4 months. Once I hit 206 and around 20% bodyfat, I can't loose weight at all. I was taking in 2,600 calories when I got down to 20% fat. I lowered it to 2,300-2,400. I've seen no difference at all and that was over the course of 3 months. Recently I just lowered my caloric intake to 2,100. It's been almost a month and still no change. The thing is, I haven't been about to workout due to back pain contributed to my flat feet. I can't even run due to my flat feet. I'm having surgery in a month and would like to loose weight before surgery, so once I recover I don't have to go on a cut, but I guess that won't be the case. Is there anything I can do now to at least get down to 18% bodyfat, before the surgery on January 20th? I won't be able to walk after surgery without crutches until April. I'm 27 by the way, in case that makes a difference.
2 questions, whats the surgery for, and you can't work out at ALL because of your feet? Not even like bench press?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 questions, whats the surgery for, and you can't work out at ALL because of your feet? Not even like bench press?
Flat foot corrective surgery, partial bone fusion. I have been doing bodyweight pull-ups. I have arthritis in my back because of my feet. It's early stage, but I don't want to take the chance of making it worse. I don't want to lift anything heavy until my feet are fixed. I can't barbell bench, because it gives me shoulder pain and I've had past injuries.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Find exercises that work with your past injuries. Most everyone that lifts has had or has injuries. There are smart ways to train around injuries or even to help them heal. As for nutrition, I agree with the suggestions of increasing calories for a bit. Go back up to maintenance for a few day up to a week. Then go back to 2,300-2,400 calories and see if that kicks things back up. Have a free meal every 1-2weeks to give your leptin levels a boost. (Not to mention your sanity)

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Find exercises that work with your past injuries. Most everyone that lifts has had or has injuries. There are smart ways to train around injuries or even to help them heal. As for nutrition, I agree with the suggestions of increasing calories for a bit. Go back up to maintenance for a few day up to a week. Then go back to 2,300-2,400 calories and see if that kicks things back up. Have a free meal every 1-2weeks to give your leptin levels a boost. (Not to mention your sanity)
Well, I have ended up walking to my friends about once, or twice a week. If I walk in the house, it doesn't hurt my feet as much since I'm barefoot. If I windup walking back and forth in front of the computer(silly, but it's easier then walkign outside in shoes that hurt my feet) for about 2 hours ever other day and then doing 6 sets of pull-ups to failure on the days I don't walk; do you think I'll be able to loose fat at 2,400 calories per day? Also, I was thinkign about having a cheat day on Wednesdays, since it's right in the middle of the week and having my calories on cheat days at around 2,800.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Do you wave some way to ride a bike or do some laps in a pool. I would imagine walking would be quite irritating and uncomfortable right now. So try some form of cardio that feels better. If you have a gym membership you can use the machines or cables and moderate weight.

As for nutrition...after you have a few day at maintenance. I think 2,400 would be a good place to start since it worked before. The cheat should just be 1 free meal- say dinner on Wednesday's, if that works best for you! It shouldn't be a whole day but 1 meal where you don't count your calories. Just enjoy your food vs hours of freedom that could lead to trouble. (at least it would for me! Lol)

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Definitely add in some HIIT on the bike at the gym for a few days of the week and the other days 45-60mins of regular intensity.

Take some green tea extract and caffeine about 45 minutes before you do so on an empty stomach. You can even try taking some yohimbine hcl.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you wave some way to ride a bike or do some laps in a pool. I would imagine walking would be quite irritating and uncomfortable right now. So try some form of cardio that feels better. If you have a gym membership you can use the machines or cables and moderate weight.

As for nutrition...after you have a few day at maintenance. I think 2,400 would be a good place to start since it worked before. The cheat should just be 1 free meal- say dinner on Wednesday's, if that works best for you! It shouldn't be a whole day but 1 meal where you don't count your calories. Just enjoy your food vs hours of freedom that could lead to trouble. (at least it would for me! Lol)
I'd love to be able to bike at a gym, but see I'm a college student with no car. So, the best thing for me to do would be to save for an exercise bike. I don't have the money though and would have to save up. I workout at home. Walking is the only thing I can really do, sadly. None of the gyms close really have buses that go by them and if they do, it takes two buses. I cold literally be waiting 4 hours to get to the gym.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
I'd love to be able to bike at a gym, but see I'm a college student with no car. So, the best thing for me to do would be to save for an exercise bike. I don't have the money though and would have to save up. I workout at home. Walking is the only thing I can really do, sadly. None of the gyms close really have buses that go by them and if they do, it takes two buses.
How do you get to college? There's no gym at your school?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you get to college? There's no gym at your school?
My grandmother takes me most of the time and when she can't, I only have to take one bus there and back, but that takes at least an hour and a half with all the stops and I have to still walk half a mile home. The college does have a gym, but it's rarely open. It used to be open all the time, but now I think it's mainly used for classes. Every time I've been to the gym after the first two times I've went, it's been locked. Now the semester is over, so I have no clue if it'll be open at all until the next semester.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Why not contact the school and see what times it is open?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why not contact the school and see what times it is open?
I can do that. I'm still hoping I can buy an exercise bike with Christmas money, but the cheapest I've seen is $300.

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
Can't you workout after classes? Just put gym shorts and a shaker bottle in your backpack

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
I can do that. I'm still hoping I can buy an exercise bike with Christmas money, but the cheapest I've seen is $300.
Bruh just get an actual bike off like craigslist or something.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't you workout after classes? Just put gym shorts and a shaker bottle in your backpack
The semester is over. I won't be having anymore classes until fall since I'm having surgery.There really isn't any place to bike around that doesn't have a lot of traffic. There are no bike trails anywhere close. I live in a very crappy area. I basically live in suburban ghetto. There is a nice stretch of road that not a lot of cars go on, but thats 2 miles down the road. I'm honestly not comfortable riding a bike around traffic, especially in this area. I almost got hit by a car twice in the past while riding a bike.

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you guys. I'll weigh all my options and get back to you guys. You all have really helped already.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Bruh just get an actual bike off like craigslist or something.
He won't be able to do different levels of intensity on a regular bike though..unless he is willing to do some on the streets.

But an exercise bike will be better to really take control of the intensity I guess.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A regular bike would be a great investment! It would be much cheaper while you are in school. Craigslist would easily have them <$100 Heck might even be free if someone could pick it up for you! You could ride the roads, find a park, or trails! Good luck with things!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Came in to say eat normally for a bit like others have suggested before it turned into a bike thread lol. It may be leptin levels need to be refreshed via a refeed ?

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Guys what about magnesium deficiency contributing to leptin levels being low? I just found out that magnesium oxid is useless and that's what I've been taking. I ordered magnesium malate, but it won't be here until the 5th of January. I hate how holidays delay packages...I might pick up magnesium citrate today, if I can find any when I'm out with family today. Everyone wants to just carry oxide. Magnesium seems next to impossible to get an adequate amount through diet alone.

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't know if it's been mentioned already. But my #1 tip-eliminate carbs and go into ketosis. Works for me but you will unfortunately lose some muscle/strength.
#2 tip-drink 2 gallons water a day.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Why not also try something like norcodrene to help curb appetite as well?

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why not also try something like norcodrene to help curb appetite as well?
Those are always helpful.
I've found 2 gallons of water to be best appetite suppressant besides a real EC stack

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Those are always helpful.
I've found 2 gallons of water to be best appetite suppressant besides a real EC stack
Yeah drinking a lot of water definitely helps.

One could also eat a ton of green leaf salads.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Guys what about magnesium deficiency contributing to leptin levels being low? I just found out that magnesium oxid is useless and that's what I've been taking. I ordered magnesium malate, but it won't be here until the 5th of January. I hate how holidays delay packages...I might pick up magnesium citrate today, if I can find any when I'm out with family today. Everyone wants to just carry oxide. Magnesium seems next to impossible to get an adequate amount through diet alone.
I wouldn't worry about it that much. the contribution won't be much unless you are severely deficient. Supps can help, but it's the diet/lifestyle that ultimately helps determine leptin levels

Shiznown

Shiznown

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys, update. I joined Gold's and my grandmother agreed to drive me there and there is no direct bus route anyway. I can go and do HIIT there 3-4 times a week, but right now she doesn't want to take me when she's working. She's only working twice a week though. I'm not sure if the days I do HIIT need to be consistently on the same day, or if I just do HIIT 2-3 times a week it doesn't matter if I change days each week. That also of course means, that some days I have to do low intensity cardio at home, in other words walking back and forth for 45 minutes while watching netflix on my computer screen.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I wouldn't suggest HIIT multiple days in a row if you are truly going all out high intensity but otherwise 2-3 days a week is good!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't suggest HIIT multiple days in a row if you are truly going all out high intensity but otherwise 2-3 days a week is good!
Good advice. Also, if intensity is very high all week, I'd do a couple refeeds/carb ups per week. Otherwise 1 is fine. It's essential for continued fatloss.