Pre contest and diet advise

JerryCool17

Awards
Hey everyone, can I get some help on this? I am 17 270 pounds 6 foot 15% body fat and I'm cutting for my first show in September 2016. My daily diet know is

Diet

Meal one: 4 whole eggs, cheese, 8oz of whole milk, 2 scoops of whey
Calories 936
Fat 2
Carb 22
Pro 90

Meal two: protein drink 2 scoops
Calories 240
Fat 2
Carb 6
Pro 48

Meal Three: 8oz chicken Brest, 3 cups of salad, 8oz milk
Calories 264
Fat 3
Carb 3
Pro 53

Meal Four: 2 cans of tuna 5 tbsp mayo
Calories 650
Fat 52
Carb 1
Pro 41

Meal Five: 2 scoops of whey
Calories 240
Fat 2
Carb 6
Pro 48

Meal Six: 3 whole eggs, cheese 8oz milk
Calories 499
Fat32
Carb 15
Pro 35

Totals

Calories 2830
Fat 131
Carb 53
Pro 315

I believe that will be ok but I'm not sure never contest prepped before. I know the tuna with the mayo is a lot but I needed the fats in. I carb load on Sunday at around 300 carbs. I do cardio about 40 mins a day after workout and 20 mins walking around my neighborhood with the dogs. except Sunday when I carb load I do 25 mins and abs. Can I get help on this diet and critique it for me so I know if it's good or need I make some changes. It would be completely appreciated!! Thanks everyone!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think that looks ok for now. You're already cutting and your show isn't until September of 2016?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Macros don't add up on fat(61gs) unless I'm reading wrong or it was a typo

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
My suggestion in evening out the fats, especially if for 2 meals you're soley having shakes is throw a tbsp of olive oil in the shake (not post workout shake) then you can take some fat out of that tuna meal to disperse a little more evenly and it'll delay the absorption of the protein in the shake. My concern is that the show is still 10 months away and you're already down to 53g of carbs and at 15% bodyfat..

JerryCool17

Awards
I know it's a while away an early to start cutting but it is extremely hard for me to lose body fat and the olive oil in the shakes that's a good idea I never though of that thanks for hat tip

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I get it being hard to lose fat but think about it, where do you go from here? There's only soo much playing room your macro count will allow you at this point. I would definitely suggest reverse dieting and adding food to your diet while also increasing cardio, split with fasted cardio and your training at night or vise versa so you can get 2 significant metabolism spikes a day instead of just one while slowly increasing your constant metabolism with the increasing food. Then you'll end up with an elevated basal metabolism in due time and have the supply of food in your diet to cut out to prep for your show.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I couldn't agree anymore with Mkgain1 u have your macros so so low where do u go from there ur starving urself and u aren't even close to show u are gonna hose yourself majorly !? Prep time seems long enough just thing is with a good prep its gotta be nice and slow unless ur using stuff. Reverse dieting is genius that's what my boy L Norton does and look at him have a lot of friends that follow his prep and works so so so well! Try hiit cardio 2x a week 3 max no more than that or you will lose to much muscle mass. Id suggest drop protein and up carbs a tad atleast to 70 or 80 and protein at 250. I know a lot of people like to keep carbs low cause of faster weight loss but if u get a set number of macros u can eat more and find under maintenance cals just consistently track til u hit a plateau! Whats your training schedule like how many days a week in the gym?

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I personally wouldn't lower protein any, that's still calories you're getting in, build on top of that with more carbs then when youre ready to diet down for the show you can pull the protein if necessary. And if you're reverse dieting, I'd add cardio in every day, because your macros are going to be higher every day not only a couple days a week, the cardio isn't necessarily about burning fat, its about raising your metabolism to cope with the elevated caloric intake. you don't need to do any crazy amounts of time though to start if you're not already doing cardio. I really think the fasted cardio/train at night split is optimal, for me it is at least. When I reverse diet I've been able to up my carbs 180g, and increase my fats an additional 15g and I'm legitimately leaner than when I was dieting before hand.

JerryCool17

Awards
That helps a lot really does I have upped my cars and cardio I do cardio everyday for about 20 mins then In two weeks I'll up to 30 then two weeks 40 and so on and so on till I hit a hour then that's when I'll drop my carbs by like 10 every two weeks till the show I researched and did a lot of studying after I posted this my new diet looks like this:

Meal One: 6 egg whites 2 whole eggs 1c oats

Meal Two: 6-8 oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 4 oz greens, two scoops of whey

Meal three: 8oz tilapia 8oz baked potato

Meal four: 10 oz tuna 2 tbls mayo

Meal five: 6oz chicken, 1 cup rice

Meal six: 2 scoops of whey

To me this is a lot better more fuller a little more veins showing and feel great in the gym and btw I work out 6 days a week cardio 7 days I only have a cheat meal on Sunday and that's useally 2 pancakes or something nothing horrible. Critique that diet for me see how it looks thanks for the advise tho everyone!

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
That looks good bro hopefully everything goes well, definitely start up a thread when it comes time to diet down for the show so we can see that progress!

JerryCool17

Awards
Hell Yeah!! I have been taking weekly progress pics and weigh myself every weak!