how to get perfect macros

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
So I have never really been able to hit my macros properly because there are very limited foods that are pure protein. For this reason, keeping protein high and lowering, for example, fat is extremely hard.

It basically excludes beef and fish so I'm left with chicken but pure chicken gets old really fast. What are your favorite pure protein foods. I was thinking egg whites..because whole eggs contain a ton of fat which makes it difficult to keep fat at a reasonable value

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Use protein supplements to hit high protein macros without crapping the bed on fat calories, or other lean meat sources. Chicken, tuna, egg whites. You're right lean protein sources are limited and can get monotonous.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I have never really been able to hit my macros properly because there are very limited foods that are pure protein. For this reason, keeping protein high and lowering, for example, fat is extremely hard.

It basically excludes beef and fish so I'm left with chicken but pure chicken gets old really fast. What are your favorite pure protein foods. I was thinking egg whites..because whole eggs contain a ton of fat which makes it difficult to keep fat at a reasonable value
you can buy super lean cuts of pork, lamb and beef if you really want. What are your macros you are aiming for?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
you can buy super lean cuts of pork, lamb and beef if you really want. What are your macros you are aiming for?

Right now I am at:

318 g protein (40%)

318 g carbs (40%)

71 g fat (20%)

3200 cal (200 lower than maintenance)

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I changed my goal calories around and myfitness pal is telling me to take 400 grams of protein! Isnt that a bit excessive and hard on the liver?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I changed my goal calories around and myfitness pal is telling me to take 400 grams of protein! Isnt that a bit excessive and hard on the liver?
Honestly wouldn't go by ratios, they are an outdated and ineffective way of optimising your macros. 400 is deffinitely way more than what is required. Even 300g is on the excessive side. don't see any issue in lowering protein and upping fats.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Honestly wouldn't go by ratios, they are an outdated and ineffective way of optimising your macros. 400 is deffinitely way more than what is required. Even 300g is on the excessive side. don't see any issue in lowering protein and upping fats.
Ok sounds good. I weigh 221 right now, looking to drop down to 215. So around 250 g of protein would be sufficient?

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards
Yeah, there is most definitely no need to have your protein that high. 250g is more than enough. Save those cals for more fats or carbs. Whey isolate is usually my go-to for a low fat/low carb protein source when I get tired of chicken and fish and egg whites. Egg whites seriously make me throw up inside my own mouth :/

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I fully agree with NoAddedHmones mfp is so so off when I help people with macros I tell them do notttttt listen to what they suggest by percntages its always wrong and u will gain!!!!! That's a fact! IMO I always suggest keep fibers at 30g id say protein no more than 225 anything over body weight is overkill unless your trying to keep it super high on purpose. carbs at like 355 fats at 60 or 65 u could start at 65 and adjust after a week and half but u should defly drop on those

jaces

jaces

Awards
why not try a died like the anabolic diet that has more fat and less carbs?? no need to worry about lean protein there

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
If u can track macros and stick with hit and hit those numbers every day ot works u will lose u have to be patient everyone wants to lose 3 to 5lbs a week u don't Wana lose more than 1lb or 2 max a week slower u lose longer u keep ot off.