Cankles help

Tpetrat

Awards
Hey guys I've always Had issues with cankles you know the fat below your calves and above your ankles. I've been on a cut for 2 months now and finally broke the 10% mark (hydrostatic testing) but the fat around my ankles hasn't changed at all. Is there something I can do about this?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How much cardio do you do? and what type?

Tpetrat

Awards
Not sure... how do i tell the difference? Cardio wise I do Hiit tuesday thursday (20-30min) and Steady state level 2 cardio m/w/f for 50-60min. its just really annoying lol. even when i boxed and got down to 185lbs they were still there. and 185lbs is completely shredded for me

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Go see your primary care manager/provider and ask about it

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can we see a pic of your cankles?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can we see a pic of your cankles?
Pervert!

jk

OP, I agree that talking with your doc may be worthwhile just to ask. Theoretically you could look at a topical product (like Eviscerate) to see if that helps, but that certainly would not be my first suggestion by any means. Check to make sure it's not any type of fluid retention before doing anything else.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Pervert!

jk

OP, I agree that talking with your doc may be worthwhile just to ask. Theoretically you could look at a topical product (like Eviscerate) to see if that helps, but that certainly would not be my first suggestion by any means. Check to make sure it's not any type of fluid retention before doing anything else.

Exactly. Fluid retention is what it sounds like to me, have you had bloodwork done?
What is your sugar levels?
Diabetes run in the family?
There are certain considering factors.
Not that is what it is, highly unlikely. But, it is a c&e

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Exactly. Fluid retention is what it sounds like to me, have you had bloodwork done?
What is your sugar levels?
Diabetes run in the family?
There are certain considering factors.
Not that is what it is, highly unlikely. But, it is a c&e
Don't forget to mention CHF. High chances for fluid retention in the extremeties if not on a water pill.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Don't forget to mention CHF. High chances for fluid retention in the extremeties if not on a water pill.
Very good point, that is a tell all sign of chf.
Again, unlikely at a young age, but op if you have this problem at nearly single digit body fat, you need NEED to see a doctor.
It could be something simple, or something bigger.
Keep us updated.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is CHF?

I believe fluid retention / buildup around the ankles is also fairly common for those who sit all day (have desk jobs). It happens to me. I get fairly big imprints from my dress socks.

JG93

JG93

Awards
What is CHF?

I believe fluid retention / buildup around the ankles is also fairly common for those who sit all day (have desk jobs). It happens to me. I get fairly big imprints from my dress socks.
Chf is congestive heart failure.
If you are getting imprints from your socks, try a looser sock.
Diabetic socks will not do that.
Maybe try elevating your legs if possible.
I know at my desk underneath I can kick them up.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, yeah I also need to get up more during the day and walk around. I don't mind the imprints, it doesn't take long to go away, but if going immediately to the gym after work, it looks a bit funny hehe