Best most satisfying food while on a cut?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Im wondering what you guys like to eat while dieting that doesn't kill you on daily calories but helps fill you up

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anything with fiber. If your cals are low, green veggies to be ore precise.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
x2 on the green veggies. I always eat massive salads while I'm cutting, especially taco salads

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Volume and fibrous veggies.
+ high protein intake

Cucumber/zucchini are volume kings
Of course any leafy greens.

Protein fluff, lean meats

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I eat Quest bars all day on a cut. High protein, low carbs, crapload of fiber. Probably better options but this is convenient for me.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I eat Quest bars all day on a cut. High protein, low carbs, crapload of fiber. Probably better options but this is convenient for me.
A quest bar with a big bottle of water keeps me full for hours. They're delicious

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm a quest bar junkie. The lemon bars are the most 'natural' in terms of ingredients, and I must have about 6 of them a day lol. I think it's the only flavor they have that uses just stevia alone as a sweetener. The other flavors taste far too sweet / like artificial candy I find.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Echoing what has already been said, pair fiber with some water with your meals or cravings and that helps tremendously

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Im wondering what you guys like to eat while dieting that doesn't kill you on daily calories but helps fill you up
Alvocado slices with a dash of soy sauce. higher cal but its not all about cals, but the actual food IMO. when bulking pref on a burger :p

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A quest bar with a big bottle of water keeps me full for hours. They're delicious
Are you guys serious? I eat a Quest Bar and feel like I still need an entire meal!

One other thing is volume oatmeal. Use your standard oatmeal to water ratio and keep adding more and more water. Egg whites really help with this too. You do not want them runny, but it will amaze you how much water oats absorb when cooked on the stove. It takes a longer time, but the fiber + all that water is gold.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Are you guys serious? I eat a Quest Bar and feel like I still need an entire meal!

One other thing is volume oatmeal. Use your standard oatmeal to water ratio and keep adding more and more water. Egg whites really help with this too. You do not want them runny, but it will amaze you how much water oats absorb when cooked on the stove. It takes a longer time, but the fiber + all that water is gold.
Completely serious but I go overboard with em and eat too many, like 1 an hour or more sometimes lol

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Are you guys serious? I eat a Quest Bar and feel like I still need an entire meal
It depends for me, but usually if I eat a Quest bar with a bottle of water I feel full for a few hours. I try to eat them slow though haha, if I eat them too quickly I'm still hungry.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wish people would make casein bars so I won't get gas if I eat 3 at once. Never seen casein bars before, but I've done my own baking with casein and it's pretty good as a filling snack.

The owner of Scivation made a YouTube video on how to make casein brownies in a microwave a while back. Works great on a cut.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established

This ill look into thanks man

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
It depends for me, but usually if I eat a Quest bar with a bottle of water I feel full for a few hours. I try to eat them slow though haha, if I eat them too quickly I'm still hungry.
My girlfriend was doing the low carb thing, she ate those all the time. How many cals are in a bar anyways?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
My girlfriend was doing the low carb thing, she ate those all the time. How many cals are in a bar anyways?
160-210 depending on flavour. (Most)

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I know this sounds really dumb and even slightly pathetic but I haven't eaten ice cream in well.....years...yes years....is there any type of healthy...ish...ice cream that I can get. I really can't stop thinking about it lol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I know this sounds really dumb and even slightly pathetic but I haven't eaten ice cream in well.....years...yes years....is there any type of healthy...ish...ice cream that I can get. I really can't stop thinking about it lol
Halo Top,
Arctic Zero, (im not a fan though...)
Generic brands light editions drop to 80-90 per 1/2 cup,

I have nothing against Skinny Cow, great for a craving.

Orrrr make your own protein ice cream

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
If you still have a sweet tooth after that, wheytobake.com for some protein desserts ;)

And 3 ways to make ice cream

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Everything in moderation dude. I think frozen yogurt may be a bit more on the healthier side. I have 3 ice creams right now in my freezer with half a cup usually around i think 120 calories. A whole cup if you weigh it out (use a scale) is a he** of a lot of ice cream. I can fit ice cream into my macros no problem if i want to. There's no harm in having a treat every once and awhile. Well unless youre diabetic i guess.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
peanut butter ;)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lol ya PB is not recommended to have around me on a cut

maresenx

Awards
Cooked potatoes + source of lean protein keeps me full for hours

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Obviously, you like ice cream. How many calories does a serving have? About 200 cals or so? A few times a week, leave your that amount of calories to play with and eat some ice cream that you enjoy.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whole Eggs are one of the most filling and satisfying foods on a cut..!

jaces

jaces

Awards
sugar free jelly is good.. and some have added vit C

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I do that too!only i go light whipping cream as its like 40 cals to 3 tablespoons
Doesn't light whipping cream have carbs though? I go for the heavy (whipped) cream only when carb cycling, 0 carbs.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Doesn't light whipping cream have carbs though? I go for the heavy (whipped) cream only when carb cycling, 0 carbs.
One min,ill go look. Im doing IF right now, yes it does. Its very carb heavy for a cyclo keto, 5 grams per 4 table spoons.

jaces

jaces

Awards
i have jelly with cream every second night on the anabolic diet and it keeps mosr cravings away

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I get cookies and cream quest bars and bake them taste like a cookie out of the oven freaking amazing and a gallon of fine quality H20 or fit crunch bars if ur doing high fat low carbs.