Body fat estimation

juandelabarra

Awards
So I usually have problems with mirror objectivity and would like your help, especially from experienced people, estimating my bf%

I went from fat to skinny fat and for the last seven months I've been trying to lose my belly fat by dieting and lifting. My stats are 5'8" at 158 pounds and I'm 24y old.

My biggest concern at this point is losing my bellyfat and growing my legs. My lifts maxes right now are(in pounds) 265 deadlift, 225 back squat, 205 bench press, 135 push press and 135 bent row.

Should I gain some weight and then try to lose the belly fat or do I keep going against it would bey longer question.

Sorry for the long post and thanks a lot!

Attachments

MBZ

Awards
I'm not really good at this but I would guess around 15%.

As far as what you should do, that really depends on you, your goals and if you are comfortable at the bf% you are at.

You could always do a slow bulk and try to minimize fat gain while building muscle. More muscle in the long run would make it easier to cut the fat.

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
I think ~15% is a fair assessment.

Like MBZ said, where to go from here is entirely dependent on your goals.

Do you want to get bigger? Eat more lol.

I think that "cutting" at your size would honestly be counterproductive.

It may help everyone if you lay out your HONEST diet...to help you determine how much to increase your calories in order to keep growing while minimizing putting on copious body fat.

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I think if you're progressing nicely in your program and making good gains, why stop here?

But this is about you so in the end only you can answer these questions yourself. Are you happy with the way you look and feel? If not then what would you like to change and then execute your plan.

juandelabarra

Awards
Thanks a lot for all your answers! I needed perspective apparently as I just saw a photo from june and compared them with the most recent ones. I'm making headway, so I'll keep on going. Thanks again to all!

MBZ

Awards
As long as you are seeing progress you are happy with I would keep doing what you are doing. Good luck with your goals and keep up the good work brother!

juandelabarra

Awards
IMG_20151001_085235_2883-800x800.jpg
Here's the pic from june. I think its good progress!

Reactions: MBZ

MBZ

Awards
That's really good progress so far man! Definitely leaned out quite a bit!

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
A couple things I would consider:

Your overall goal is less belly fat thus a slimmer waist, as well as more overall muscle mass right?

Really focus on training your back and traps. With a larger back AND the loss of some of that stubborn belly fat...you will look way more muscular, having that nice v taper :)

Reactions: MBZ
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 10
Weight Loss 8
deepseajs Pics 10
Weight Loss 6
chubbsp Weight Loss 2