Lose fat without losing muscle. ..

sufiyan

sufiyan

Awards
How to lose fat without losing muscle. ..
Please give me some tips...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Losing some muscle is unavoidable, but you can keep it minimal if you're smart. Keep your protein intake high, keep your lifting heavy, and don't undercut your calories too quickly. Slowly lower calories and take your fat loss slow. If you try to cut too quick and make drastic changes in your diet and training, you will definitely lose muscle.

Make sure you're getting at least 1-1.5g of protein per pound of body weight, and don't allow your fat intake to drop below 20% of your total calories per day. Adjust your carbs to get your total calorie intake in a deficit and take it slow

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Not in any particular order, but combination of the following

(1) Consume HICA (ergonine)
(2) slight calorie deficit
(3) high protein diet
(4) sleep/rest
(5) good health/ limited stress

sufiyan

sufiyan

Awards
My height is 6'2
Weight 70kg Now.
My body is lean jst have fat at my abdomen..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not in any particular order, but combination of the following

(1) Consume HICA (ergonine)
(2) slight calorie deficit
(3) high protein diet
(4) sleep/rest
(5) good health/ limited stress
Definitely all this has to be in play. Something else that wouldnt hurt is throwing in a natural anabolic supp to preserve muscle while trying to cut.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
high cals, protein, low/good carbs ..oh yea cardio lol

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Big fan of natty anabolics to help out:

PA (soy granuals)
(-)epi Ep1c
ArA (X-gels)
Laxogenin (DermaStr3ngth)
Forskolin (forskolin 95 is good)

Any or all of the above +

- High protein / low carb diet (and cut out all simple carbs)
- HIIT cardio 15-20 min 3x per week (increase frequency/duration if you are not lifting weights)

If you want a more powerfull solution OL Carder1ne (GW) shifts the body's natural metabolism to burn fat vs carbs.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The way you train is also very important, not just diet/supplementation. Instead of regular cardio like running, jogging, etc, you should do more strength based cardio type work.

Barbell Complexes
Prowler
Sled pulls / pushes
Rowing
Circuits
Etc

This is the type of training that will help preserve muscle on a cut.

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
A very slow and controlled caloric deficit while emphasizing progressive overload with weight training.

Too many people turn into "endurance athletes" and try to just do endless cardio and lose sight that we are weight training performance athletes and need to keep that our primary goal in order to keep the muscle we worked hard to build

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Big fan of natty anabolics to help out:

PA (soy granuals)
I like adding lecithin granuals to my shakes. The inositol & phosphatidylcholine in it is great for burning fat. It's also very good for fatty liver disease / removing fat from the liver, which is a good thing for anyone who's used oral steroids/PH's.

agentphantom

agentphantom

Awards
  • Established
A very slow and controlled caloric deficit while emphasizing progressive overload with weight training.

Too many people turn into "endurance athletes" and try to just do endless cardio and lose sight that we are weight training performance athletes and need to keep that our primary goal in order to keep the muscle we worked hard to build
Turning into "endurance athletes" is spot on here. Be careful with ridiculous amounts of cardio, lift heavy and eat right. As the saying goes, "Diet is King and Exercise is Queen"

XercZyzz

XercZyzz

Awards
Losing muscle is not a requirement to lose fat. Kboxer7 has a good reply for you. The main goal is a slight caloric deficit of 10 to 20 percent. Eat healthy fats, low carb (good carbs like beans or sweat potatoes, both have NO FAT), drink plenty of water which I don't think anyone has said. Water helps you burn calories and helps keep you full and helps you to not retain water. On that note, watch you sodium intake or you will retain water. Also, try not to scale watch too much. Use the mirror more than the scale. You can totally lose fat and no muscle. High protein, about a gram per pound of lean body mass, not overall mass and make sure you are getting plenty of other macro nutrients so your body doesn't panic and you can keep all of your hormones and chemical process running smoothing inside your body. Get plenty of rest as well. You don't need to go heavy. In fact, increase your volume and you'll burn more calories! Also keep in mind that your burn double the calories you see on your machine or fitbit or whatever you have. Over the next 24 hours, you will burn the same amount you burned during cardio. Daily cardio is HUGE when you are trying to slim down. 20 to 30 mins a day and your are golden (should you be doing everything else right and longer doesn't hurt). Not sure if we are allowed to refer you to youtube but there are some great vids by Scooby1961 on the subject. Nice guy. He doesn't shout at you and gives really good information. Most rooted in science but if it is his opinion, he will be sure to tell you that. I lost 25kg following his advice and I wasn't starving... hell I was even EATING after midnight.. just no carbs that late though. Hope this helps!

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
HMB.

Weak muscle builder, phenomenal muscle retainer.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
EDIT

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're natural you better do it slow. Real slow. Couldn't stress that enough. I wouldn't go beyond a 10 percent deficit either. You really have to dial in your diet and I wouldn't cut carbs either because you'll go flat and lose strength. Having carbs was crucial to my natty cut. If you're trying to lose 30 pounds in 8 weeks or something.... I don't care what anyone says you're going to lose mass. Take muscle measurements before you start and keep tracking those measurements and see how they correlate with the numbers on the scale

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
What dosage and brand do you recommend?
HMB tends to be a little expensive because of the 3g recommended daily dosage. With that said, just like EVERY supplement, you should start at 1/3 to half the dose. I started with 1g and after a month moved up to 2g daily, preferably spaced out with meals. I'm still working my way up to 3g and I weigh 210lbs. The problem with EVERY supplement is if you go all in, sure you might see some benefits, but they'll be short lived. Ride the bottle out as far as you can while you're still getting results.

As for brand I've had good luck with Bodytech HMB. It's one of the better prices and has some potassium as a bonus. Can't beat two for one and who doesn't need more potassium?

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Shisandra Chinessis @ 3-5g/day.

As strong of an anti catabolic as like 100mg anavar per day.

Remind me and I'll post the study.

*It is a bit hepatoxic at that dose, but nothing serious.
Just saw a quick article about this. Could be promising if it carries over to human studies.