Yay nay?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I'm 200 pounds and 5'10

How does this look for a daily cutting diet?

Meal 1:
184gs of egg whites
1 egg
39gs of oats
1 tablespoon olive oil

Meal 2
Chicken breast 183gs
Uncle bens natty whole grain rice 95gs

Meal 3
Protein powder 34gs
Carb powder 28gs
10gs olive oil

Meal 4
Chicken breast 183gs
Natty brown rice 95gs

Meal 5
Oatmeal 37gs
Egg whites 305gs
1 egg

Calories:
P:185
C: 140
F: 53

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Your plan looks pretty solid, but the calories for starting a cut seem low. What is your current intake? I always try to keep calories and carbs as high as possible and lower them as you stall in your fat loss. Starting with your calories this low leaves you with less room to make adjustments. Are you currently in a surplus? What are you current macros?

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I would say track your food and macros and keep protein high but I fully agree with john.patterson seems low people would be shocked how much u can eat even on a cut if u track your food consistently. Id say bump protein to 200 fats to 60 and carbs to 225

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd agree with mattabolic. But the overall plan looks pretty good.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I would say track your food and macros and keep protein high but I fully agree with john.patterson seems low people would be shocked how much u can eat even on a cut if u track your food consistently. Id say bump protein to 200 fats to 60 and carbs to 225
That is actually pretty close to my current macros, I may drop slightly below that for a week or two and see if i go back to 1 pound for week.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
That is actually pretty close to my current macros, I may drop slightly below that for a week or two and see if i go back to 1 pound for week.
If your current macros are 200/225/60, then definitely don't cut so many calories that quick. Keep protein and fat where it is and drop 60-70g of carbs and see how it goes. If you go all-in right off the bat, you'll plateau quickly and you'll end up having to drop calories and carbs even lower. Taper your calories slowly, the results will come.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
exactly drop 10-20 carbs and see how that goes cause if u drop a ton all at once then u screw urself

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
If your current macros are 200/225/60, then definitely don't cut so many calories that quick. Keep protein and fat where it is and drop 60-70g of carbs and see how it goes. If you go all-in right off the bat, you'll plateau quickly and you'll end up having to drop calories and carbs even lower. Taper your calories slowly, the results will come.
So you'd say go 200/160/60?

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
I still would only drop 10-20 carbs slowly adjust cause then next time u hit a wall take another 10-20 carbs u domnt wana restrict urself bro

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So you'd say go 200/160/60?
That's what I would suggest, yes. To help shed fat quicker, I would also recommend carb cycling. Consume less carbs on your rest days, maybe 70-80g on days you don't train. On your rest days you can also add in a little extra healthy fat. This cycling will create a larger calorie deficit in the long run, and it'll keep your metabolism firing. I also like carb cycling because it gives you something to look forward to. Eating the same 5 meals every day will get boring quick.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Alright guys, I made it to 187 so far.
Macros now are p 185 c 120 f 55

Feeling a lot leaner and vascularity is up. Dropped the carbs down to 120 when I went a couple of days of stagnant weight loss. Feeling good, I've just ordered some p28 bread and walden farms sauces to help with the sweet tooth I've been having. But I will say I've been somewhat happy with this months weight loss.

Also, my coach has me doing 25 minutes of cardio a day everyday fasted. What are yalls experience with fasted cardio?

I do feel like I should have upped the carbs like some of you said, at 120 grams of carbs a day compared to what I was eating my energy is basically tanked for most of the day besides when I take caffeine

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
Yea it's best to remove carbs slowly thn the lower u get take a 2-5 fats away this way u still have carbs for energy. Fasted is how I usually do my hiit doesn't bother me. It seems to work good bit one thing I notice when I do I get crazy hungry at lunch Time but that's expected. Keep killing it man and love your positive attitude Matthandyo ! There is so so many ways to curb sweet tooth just gotta find what u like

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Yea it's best to remove carbs slowly thn the lower u get take a 2-5 fats away this way u still have carbs for energy. Fasted is how I usually do my hiit doesn't bother me. It seems to work good bit one thing I notice when I do I get crazy hungry at lunch Time but that's expected. Keep killing it man and love your positive attitude Matthandyo ! There is so so many ways to curb sweet tooth just gotta find what u like
whats tough is cutting in the cold season lol. My girlfriend loves candy and has a sweet tooth ha. Btw if you haven't tried walden farms i was blown away by how good the syrups are

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
calories looks low for someone 200lbs. I was eating 2200 to 2300 per day when i was 200lbs
and still was able to lose 1 to 2lbs per week.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
vujade fully agree people don't realize how much u can eat u don't have to restrict yourself if u figure you under maintenance cals. But yea your right at 20lbs you can eat a good amount and still lose 1lb to 2 a week but no more than that don't Wana lose it to quick that's when u rebound.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
calories looks low for someone 200lbs. I was eating 2200 to 2300 per day when i was 200lbs
and still was able to lose 1 to 2lbs per week.
I think I'm gonna try around 2200 cals a week for a week or two.

vujade fully agree people don't realize how much u can eat u don't have to restrict yourself if u figure you under maintenance cals. But yea your right at 20lbs you can eat a good amount and still lose 1lb to 2 a week but no more than that don't Wana lose it to quick that's when u rebound.
What do you guys use as food sources?
Mostly for carb sources, rather stay away from sugars and such. I can't stand brown rice plus it always makes me feel bloated and just bad in general when I eat it.

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I'm a balances person I don't agree with quote on quote clean eating. However just eat what you enjoy and track macros and be consistent with it. Do not cheat the system hit the numbers everyday. When I tracked my macros I was eating chicken,frozen pizza,pop tarts tons of fruit protein shakes veggies,steak things I enjoyed and I hit my numbers every day and lost my most ever. Went from.250 to 199 in less than a year but eat right and fit in things u enjoy consistency is key. After you start losing weight after a few month throw in a refeed day on weekends really starts burning cals.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1445765551.872935.jpg

How does this look for cutting down?
Im gonna try this for a week or so and see how it goes

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm gonna try around 2200 cals a week for a week or two.

What do you guys use as food sources?

Mostly for carb sources, rather stay away from sugars and such. I can't stand brown rice plus it always makes me
feel bloated and just bad in general when I eat it.
CARBS:

Fiber 1 Cereal
Oat Meal
Brown Rice
Sweet Potato
Joseph's Heart Friendly Pita Bread (Flax, Oats & Whole Grains)

Mattabolic

Mattabolic

Awards
  • Established
vujade loveeeeeee those Joseph's wraps those things are so so good and macro friendly

JG93

JG93

Awards
Looks good to me, I'm same stats.
I hard cut 1500-1700 calories, but I also don't ever have a high appetite.
I still get my protein and fat. Could care less about carbs.