Calorie/weight issue

halljo

halljo

Awards
Anyone ever run into an issue where you hit a certain calories line and you can gain weight but increase the calories and start loosing weight?
If I keep my calories in the 2400-2600 range at 30/30/40 ratio, I can add weight slowly but steadily but I think it's more fat then muscle. If I keep the same macro count, and reduce the calories or increase them, I lose weight. I guess I shouldn't complain but it pisses me off when I increase the calories and start loosing. Seems like its against the natural order of things! If I increase my calories, should I change my macros... I want to add more muscle with the least amount of fat possible. I work out 6-7 days a week, bodypart specific daily routines (about 2 hours and 15 minutes a day), cardio for 25-30 minutes every other morning.)

I know some of you are thinking, well just eat the calories that helps you gain and leave it alone. I just am looking to see if I need to change my macros, when I increase calories to increase weight faster... but still quality weight.

Thoughts/suggestions

enhancedceo

enhancedceo

Awards
What is your current body fat percentage sitting at? Also, how much salt, roughly, are you consuming AND how much are you currently weighing?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Weight fluctuations are fickle to track and pinpoint

Sometimes eating more gets you dry and sheds water weight, as CBL seems to when people shovel in carbs then wake up dry. Insulin response is a big part of this, if you have healthy sensitivity.

If your cals go up above maintenance don't worry you're not actually losing permanent weight

halljo

halljo

Awards
What is your current body fat percentage sitting at? Also, how much salt, roughly, are you consuming AND how much are you currently weighing?
I'm currently weighing in at 195.4lbs. Last time I was checked, my BF was at 16.3% (dunk tanked about 38 days ago). I'm back to a bulking phase till February, then plan on a slow cut over a 4 month period to be ready for my first show (hoping to cut down my BF% to around 9-10% for the show). New to this show prep timing, so I'm giving myself a longer span of time to get to goal).

halljo

halljo

Awards
Also... my Sodium intake is around 1300-1530mgs. Just depends on how many egg whites I eat that day. (Can't eat whole eggs... allegic to enzyme in yolk)

enhancedceo

enhancedceo

Awards
I'm currently weighing in at 195.4lbs. Last time I was checked, my BF was at 16.3% (dunk tanked about 38 days ago). I'm back to a bulking phase till February, then plan on a slow cut over a 4 month period to be ready for my first show (hoping to cut down my BF% to around 9-10% for the show). New to this show prep timing, so I'm giving myself a longer span of time to get to goal).
Won't lie man. I am not really well versed in the whole competition thing so I don't know the best way to really go about it in regards to the diet or training. I know that everything seems to play a role and be a factor but I don't know enough about it to help you in this situation.