Need help with diet

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone!

So Ive been starting into a new cut here the last few weeks dropping cals as the weeks go by to try to get below maintenance. But thats the problem. Im well below my maintenance given my activity level right now and I've gained 4 lbs! Im assuming water weight, but Im not using supps really that will do that to you. Im currently 6 ft 2, 18 years old, and 229 pounds. I started this at 225. Ive been as lean as 190 and as fat as 280 so I know how to diet. This plan usually works every time for me as does my supplement protocol (alphamine, synephrine, amentomax, ergonine, Eviscerate) so I cant figure out whats going on. According to my fit bit Im burning 3600-3900 cals a day (lifting every day, I do a 30 second jog between every set and around 22 sets a workout. Plus a small cardio circuit at the end just because I enjoy it. Only around 5-7 min) and Im a college student so I walk a mile or so on campus 4 days a week.

Im eating 3150 cals a day. I feel like its too little because fitbit cant calculate the caloric burn from lifting so the 500 cal deficit per day that I am at is not counting my lifting. I also have one cheat meal a week. On saturdays straight after my leg day. On cheat meal days, I generally dont go too crazy far over on cals. I try to find foods that are cheats but fill me up quick (our campus cafe does the trick. Whole wheat everything and it all actually tastes phenomenal. So I just eat until Im full and grab a small thing for dessert and a bit of ice cream and thats about all I eat for the day). So I really cant figure out what Im doing wrong here. Anyone have any ideas? My girlfriend returns from AIT army training in december and I want to really wow her when she gets back because when she left for basic in June I was finishing up a bulk and had a lot of fat on me. Gotta get lookin my best! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Big_sxc

Awards
Dude judging ur stats I'd say ur maintenance is like 2500-2800.

Also on a cut I do about 1600 and maintain a deficit at 2150 cals. Just eat enough protein. And do not assume u are spending a ludicarous amount of calories. Switch down to 2200 cals bro. With macros 40% protein and 30/30 for fat and carbs. Trust me. Make sure ur carbs are all low GI. And your fats should mostly come from fish. Fish oil and olive oil. Drink a lot of coffee. Eca stack. Fat burner. Whatever u want.

I use the my fitness pal ap to count my calories. Make sure that when your counting ur calories your counting EVERYTHING. each ml of oil you cook with. Put down the wright of your bread. Etc. And I guearntee you will shred. Be smart bro

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. Really the main thing I do on a cut is just cut my carbs. Usually my proteins will go up alittle and fats stay about the same. Then I throw in alittle extra cardio and maybe some norcodrene by pes but thats about it.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Dude judging ur stats I'd say ur maintenance is like 2500-2800.

Also on a cut I do about 1600 and maintain a deficit at 2150 cals. Just eat enough protein. And do not assume u are spending a ludicarous amount of calories. Switch down to 2200 cals bro. With macros 40% protein and 30/30 for fat and carbs. Trust me. Make sure ur carbs are all low GI. And your fats should mostly come from fish. Fish oil and olive oil. Drink a lot of coffee. Eca stack. Fat burner. Whatever u want.

I use the my fitness pal ap to count my calories. Make sure that when your counting ur calories your counting EVERYTHING. each ml of oil you cook with. Put down the wright of your bread. Etc. And I guearntee you will shred. Be smart bro
See the last time I ran this training protocol, I lost weight starting at 3500 calories. That's where my idea came that I'm not quite eating enough.

Big_sxc

Awards
Then I reaplybdo believe that is your maintenance. Try it bro

Big_sxc

Awards
Goodluck. U will shred. Just if u start to eat to much muscle increase protein again and carbs along with the calories. Tell me how u go champ.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
I've been counting cals diligently for 4 years be it cutting or bulking so I've gotten that down pretty well. And I don't use any oils for cooking. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Thanks guys!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Just to update, putting Cals at 3000 has me recomping like a mad man. Only lost 3 pounds since this post, but leaner and mor vascular and strength has been pretty solid!

BeastFitness

BeastFitness

Banned
Awards
Solid man!