Clen and Keto

beegirl32

Awards
I'm a 20 year old female, 5'8", 150lbs. I've been power lifting for sometime and have gained some excess fat that I'd like to see go. I've never truly cut before bc well I'm a power lifter. I bought clen, taurine, and keto. I've never used anything like this before (other than my gym's sponsored supplements and such) and was hoping for some guidance with dosage and cycling. Would this be an ok cycle? I've heard you don't need to take a break with the clen if you also take keto. Is 8 weeks too long? I understand that I have to go by how all this feels once I get into it but it would be nice to have a guide

Week 1
20mcg Clen, 0.5g

Week 2
40 mcg Clen , 1g taurine

week 3
50mcg clen, 1g taurine, 1 mcg keto

week 4
50mcg clen, 1g taurine,

week 5
60mcg clen, 1g taurine

week 6
60mcg clen 1g taurine, 1mcg keto

week 7
70mcg clen, 1g taurine

Week 8
70mcg clen, 1g taurine

Thanks guys!!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
From my personal experiences with clen, I wouldn't suggest running it for 8 weeks. Some will disagree with me, but I feel that a 2 week on, 2 week off protocol is the best for good results. This will also help to keep your thyroid and hormones at a better baseline. I also think that your dosing can increase quicker, instead of upping the dose every 7 days, I would taper up every 2-3 days. Also, I would suggest tapering down at the end of your run. So if you're starting at 20mcg and going 20, 40, 50, 60, 70, then you should reverse that dosing and taper it down before you end your cycle.

I would also recommend upping your taurine to at least 3g per day. There's no need to start taurine at .5g on the first week, you should start with the full dose right from the start.

The keto dosing looks a little spaced out. If you plan to run clen for more than two weeks, I would suggest running keto 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off at 1mcg per day starting with your thrid week of clen as you have written.

If you've never done a cut before, I would try to drop some fat from dieting first. Clen works, but the sides suck and its not ideal to use if you don't need it. I would see how your progress goes by eating properly and training hard before introducing something as serious as clen, but that's just my opinion.

beegirl32

Awards
From my personal experiences with clen, I wouldn't suggest running it for 8 weeks. Some will disagree with me, but I feel that a 2 week on, 2 week off protocol is the best for good results. This will also help to keep your thyroid and hormones at a better baseline. I also think that your dosing can increase quicker, instead of upping the dose every 7 days, I would taper up every 2-3 days. Also, I would suggest tapering down at the end of your run. So if you're starting at 20mcg and going 20, 40, 50, 60, 70, then you should reverse that dosing and taper it down before you end your cycle.

I would also recommend upping your taurine to at least 3g per day. There's no need to start taurine at .5g on the first week, you should start with the full dose right from the start.

The keto dosing looks a little spaced out. If you plan to run clen for more than two weeks, I would suggest running keto 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off at 1mcg per day starting with your thrid week of clen as you have written.

If you've never done a cut before, I would try to drop some fat from dieting first. Clen works, but the sides suck and its not ideal to use if you don't need it. I would see how your progress goes by eating properly and training hard before introducing something as serious as clen, but that's just my opinion.
have been cutting, I'm actually down to 145. But if running clen and keto, supposedly you don't need to be on and off the clen. is that no true then?

jaces

jaces

Awards
ephedra would have been a better choice... but rather try a 2 day on 2 day of with clen and cut out the ketotifen as it wil have some of its own side effects.. run clen at 40mcg for 2 weeks then 60 mcg for 2 weeks then 80mcg for 2weeks and take 2 weeks off

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
I haven't used clen, but been using effedrine before some of you were born. Like most stimulants your body gets used to them really quick. You shouldn't run clen more than 3 weeks on/off, the keto doesn't have much to do with it. There are 2 days on/off - 4 days on/off schedules, but best advice is 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Again, don't think the keto has anything to do with stim effectiveness. At least not without being 100% keto adapted for at least 3 weeks, even then who knows.

My personal experience on stims, the weight you lose on it doesn't seem to stay off. I mostly use effedrine if I want a boost in my weight lifting. I shouldn't write this, but with as little as 5-10mg of effedrine I can gain 2 reps on my heaviest lifts. I strongly strongly suggest underdosing all stims, I honestly find more results from less and your body adapts slower. I weigh 215. Extra note, I have suspicions that adrenal stims could have a permanent effect on the heart. Caffeine lowers reaction times for those that play sports.

jaces

jaces

Awards
I haven't used clen, but been using effedrine before some of you were born. Like most stimulants your body gets used to them really quick. You shouldn't run clen more than 3 weeks on/off, the keto doesn't have much to do with it. There are 2 days on/off - 4 days on/off schedules, but best advice is 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off. Again, don't think the keto has anything to do with stim effectiveness. At least not without being 100% keto adapted for at least 3 weeks, even then who knows.

My personal experience on stims, the weight you lose on it doesn't seem to stay off. I mostly use effedrine if I want a boost in my weight lifting. I shouldn't write this, but with as little as 5-10mg of effedrine I can gain 2 reps on my heaviest lifts. I strongly strongly suggest underdosing all stims, I honestly find more results from less and your body adapts slower. I weigh 215. Extra note, I have suspicions that adrenal stims could have a permanent effect on the heart. Caffeine lowers reaction times for those that play sports.
wrong..

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Sorry I do have to apologize about my post. I misread and thought you were cycling a keto diet, not taking ketotifen. With that said, I can't provide input on how to best cycle that with clen.

jaces

jaces

Awards
go and research more about the effects of ephedra and caffeine

shaunshelley

shaunshelley

Awards
Started my cut 5weeks ago and just added clen into my stack and I feel clen is definitely ran better on a 2 week on/2 week off schedule,I started at 40mcg and will up this 20mcg everyday until reach 120mcg and hold that dose until the end of the 2week period,filling in the weeks off with eca stack.

digitalpimp

digitalpimp

Awards
  • Established
beegirl32, you will get differing opinions on how to run the clen. I haven't tried it yet but from the research I gathered about 75% of the people will say to run the clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and run an E/C stack during your off time.

jaces

jaces

Awards
no an eca stack also works on the same resptors so you wil still have resptore downregulation

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
no an eca stack also works on the same resptors so you wil still have resptore downregulation
Relax your balls dude, no need to answer on your high horse with every response.

Actually Ephedrine's only MOA for fat loss isn't Beta 2 receptor agonism, coupled with the shorter half life and less affinity than clen it still be useful in the two weeks off clen. However, I would probably look into a YC stack in these two weeks. Hit fatloss from different angles.

jaces

jaces

Awards
yess but the reason for the 2 weeks of is so that the reseptors upregulate so by using eca this will not happend.. and no sorry my replys are short and to the point because im a little busy this month

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would try an eca stack before jumping into clen. My personal opinion. I have not used clen, however i know alot of people who have. Many use it in conjunction with t3. I think these pose serious potential risks and if your just trying to lose some weight, eca will be powerful, keep your strentgh up, and not expose you to so many potential issues. Also i think if you are to venture into using clen you need to find better advice than whats been provided so far in this thread. Talk to people who've used it multiple times successfully and figure out the most efficient and safest ways to run it. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i would do 4wks clen, the last 2 weeks with the keto and then a break IMO. but also if you never cut i would do it by diet only first and tweek what you need to see what works for you and add clen later on.

IRONPOPE

IRONPOPE

Awards
  • Established
clen is fine as long as your know your playing with your heart when you use it..... ECA is the better option.

jaces

jaces

Awards
clen is fine as long as your know your playing with your heart when you use it..... ECA is the better option.
any stimulant you use wil effect the heart.. even training results in hypertrophy of the heart

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
any stimulant you use wil effect the heart.. even training results in hypertrophy of the heart
You realise they are very different types of hypertrophy that happen from cardiovascular/resistance training vs Clen abuse right?

jaces

jaces

Awards
You realise they are very different types of hypertrophy that happen from cardiovascular/resistance training vs Clen abuse right?
yes no i know this , but most people think that 1 or 2 cycles of clen would result in a huge growth but thats not the case