Diet tips

dying2bethin

Awards
I am 14 years old, 5' 3" and I weigh 124 lbs. I'm currently in season for cheerleading, and we weight lift for an hour 3 days a week at moderate intensity, and go to speed and agility training twice a week for an hour. We have an hour of practice Monday-Thursday at a moderate intensity.

I am wondering what kind of diet I should have so that I can keep up in cheerleading and build muscle but still lose some weight so that it is easier for my bases to lift me during stunts. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

allbrawn

allbrawn

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just eat meats and veggies all day and only eat some carbs before practice for energy. That should shred the fat off.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I am 14 years old, 5' 3" and I weigh 124 lbs. I'm currently in season for cheerleading, and we weight lift for an hour 3 days a week at moderate intensity, and go to speed and agility training twice a week for an hour. We have an hour of practice Monday-Thursday at a moderate intensity.

I am wondering what kind of diet I should have so that I can keep up in cheerleading and build muscle but still lose some weight so that it is easier for my bases to lift me during stunts. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
A couple things here:
1) You are an athlete--you need to structure your diet to maximize your performance. At your age, you are also a growing and developing athlete. Monkeying around too much with what you eat will not only set you back in cheerleading but also in development.
Your diet should focus on BALANCE-Carbs, fats and protein in every meal, as natural and unprocessed as possible. If you need help selecting good foods to eat, see your health teacher/coach/athletic trainer--not a bunch of meat heads on an internet forum. The advice here is given by a bunch of guys who don't know what they are talking about and more importantly who you are.
2) Your user name has me worried--chasing body image is a losing battle. If this is something you are struggling with, PLEASE talk to someone--in person, not on a chat board. Getting your head right is priority number 1.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A couple things here:
1) You are an athlete--you need to structure your diet to maximize your performance. At your age, you are also a growing and developing athlete. Monkeying around too much with what you eat will not only set you back in cheerleading but also in development.
Your diet should focus on BALANCE-Carbs, fats and protein in every meal, as natural and unprocessed as possible. If you need help selecting good foods to eat, see your health teacher/coach/athletic trainer--not a bunch of meat heads on an internet forum. The advice here is given by a bunch of guys who don't know what they are talking about and more importantly who you are.
2) Your user name has me worried--chasing body image is a losing battle. If this is something you are struggling with, PLEASE talk to someone--in person, not on a chat board. Getting your head right is priority number 1.
X2.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep take scherbs advice and run with it.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just eat meats and veggies all day and only eat some carbs before practice for energy. That should shred the fat off.
Bingo

ufusannon

Awards
Nice tips thanks this really help