Can't stop Gaining on a cutting diet

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This isn't a typical complaint, but I am having a problem with gaining too much size on a cutting cycle (or what intended to be a cutting cycle)

I've been on a cycle (I'm experienced) for 7 weeks to try to cut without losing too much size. On tren a and test p at 350/180.

I'm 5'10" and now 230 at about 15-17%. I started the cycle at 212 and wanted to get under 195. I have a pretty awful knee injury a few years ago and my knee hurts to do any cardio or walk when I'm heavier then around 195-200.

I'm only eating 2500 calories a day at about 200p/200c/85f. I do a 3 day split (bi-back; tri-chest; legs shoulders) and lift 4 or 5 times a week depending on work. By most calculators, this is a low amount of calories for me to take.

However, I've put on a ton of upper body mass and leaned out 3-4 inches in my waist.

While the results are great, my knee simply hurts to support this mich weight.

The only other thing I'm on is 20mg adderal xr for daytime sleepiness.

Should I just cut calories to even less? I've been at 2500 for 6 weeks and still am gaining.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Just drop it by 100-200 so your consuming 2400-2300, keep everything else the same, cardio etc.

See what happens, it likely that your body has become accustomed to 2500cals; or basically your sat at maintenance.

The other option is to add a little not cardio but as a quick Anwser to the question, drop the cals a little.. DONT DRASTICALLY REDUCE THEM!

If it were me I'd add another 100-200cals onto my cardio so that I still eat the same amount of food... Just burning more.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I'll probably throw in some more cardio and keep my diet roughly the same.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks. I'll probably throw in some more cardio and keep my diet roughly the same.
Yea like said above slowly lower your calorie intake and if you throw in more cardio you are bound to start losing.

jaces

jaces

Awards
try and change your macro ratios a bit.. were fat is a bit more than carbs

IronAddiction

IronAddiction

Awards
  • Established
^this +cardio

AAGoran

Awards
Take carbs down to 130-50 grams... I took mine down after my weightings got up because of the carbs. Now im pretty much shredded thanks to lowering my carbs. So cut carbs or fats and the resultat will come your way!

ufusannon

Awards
keep burning your fats it pays off